PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

Nevinz is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Nevinz Send a message via MSN to Nevinz Send a message via Yahoo to Nevinz
Is it possible to emulate the palm pre os on Windows mobile?

The title says it all. I love all the capabilities of windows mobile but i also love the smooth Os on the Pre. Touchflo has kinda lost its appeal. Is it possible to emulate or even port over just the interface?
Old 09-09-2009, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc 6800/6900/TP/PRE/ TP2
Carrier: SPCS

jsanta11 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jsanta11 Send a message via MSN to jsanta11 Send a message via Yahoo to jsanta11
Re: Is it possible to emulate the palm pre os on Windows mobile?

Good Question ..am sure its possible just like they ported over Andriod on the vouge.. probably take a super tech and some time... ( am sure someone will come out with a palm pre theme for throttle launcher or SPB)
Old 09-09-2009, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to Nevinz Send a message via MSN to Nevinz Send a message via Yahoo to Nevinz

God i hope so.. i love it.. i just bought it for my wife and then ordered my touch pro 2.. ive had the touch diamond for so long and the mogul before that, but no on screen keyboard will beat a hardware keyboard.., then the video out is great.. i can now just download movies, skip the burning to dvd and go straight to playing them on the big screen via tcpmp.. I cant wait to get it and rub it in peoples faces....The interface would just make it so much better!! they already have the iphone one, even though the iphone is junk, i always walk up to people with iphones and go "hey is that an iphone..?".. "yes"..."im very sorry"
Old 09-10-2009, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

northernpenguin is keeping up the good worknorthernpenguin is keeping up the good work

Porting Android is one thing - Android runs largely on HTC devices with *very* similar technical specs to our Windows Phones. Android is also open source-ish, and intended for multiple handheld designers. For WebOS, this sucker is tied very closely to Palm hardware.

The good news is that WebOS is also built off Linux so it is likely possible to port it, and if the will is out there it'll get done.

I'm quite happy running Windows Mobile as my phone OS though.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Carrier: Sprint

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

tealos was the closest it came to the pre interface but they stopped selling it due to palm telling them to stop selling it or they would sue. look it up on youtube. You can run it on the palm treo pro which is windows so I don't see why you couldn't run it on any windows phone. just really gotta find a underground way of getting it
Old 09-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

The other problem with this is while android is more of an open source OS webOS is very closed.

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

android's are running on qualcomm cpu while the pre has the AWESOME OMAP 600mhz processor which is UNDERclocked...

it will be VERY difficult to run webos on a qualcomm 528mhz cpu... i'd like to see someone try tho (Calling all xda devs)

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

there are plenty of ways of getting it, like torrents for example, but I would love to see the tealos for the tp2!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevinz View Post
there are plenty of ways of getting it, like torrents for example, but I would love to see the tealos for the tp2!
TealOS is a WebOS mock-up created by TealPoint and is only for the old PalmOS phones...

I really think a VERY gifted programmer can write up something using the 3D drivers TF3D uses...

D-mann666 over at xda rewrote all the files in TF3D to create the iDiamond Project and that was the absolute BEST and Smoothest iphone interface to hit windows mobile!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff

well i guess i'm lucky have a pre for personal use... and a tp2 on t-mobile for work

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2