PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How's your battery life so far? Let's discuss ways to prolong battery life... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83753)

jimmyz 09-06-2009 11:31 AM

Re: Touch Pro 2 charging issues?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbeaul (Post 1143259)
I've noticed that the TP2 doesn't like being charged from the computer when the battery is really low... I've had it turn off a few times even though it was plugged (and pretty sure it said it was charging) in to my computer.

Not sure how much juice the mini USB provides (when plugged in to a computer) but it doesn't appear to be enough when the device in low on power. A side from that minor issue I haven't had any charging problems.

I have noticed that once my computer goes into deep standby my TP2 stops charging, however if you plug in the usb when the computer is in standby my TP2 recognizes this (its asks activesync vs usb drive) but still will not charge.
My TP1 always charged despite the computer going into deep standby- have the charging requirements changed? i.e does the TP2 have higher ma requirements?

coolguy949 09-06-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyz (Post 1143996)
I have noticed that once my computer goes into deep standby my TP2 stops charging, however if you plug in the usb when the computer is in standby my TP2 recognizes this (its asks activesync vs usb drive) but still will not charge.
My TP1 always charged despite the computer going into deep standby- have the charging requirements changed? i.e does the TP2 have higher ma requirements?

If it's anything like the TP1, it just shows that message when it detects something plugged in to USB and a computer. When you're in hibernate it's the same as the PC being powered off. The last working state is saved in the hard drive. In standby mode the PC goes in to a low power state. USB is still on. A lot of it largely depends on the motherboard you have though. Some USB devices and hubs stay on as long as the PC is plugged in and/or the power switch on the back is on.

northernpenguin 09-06-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy949 (Post 1143553)
Yikes. Sounds a lot like the TP1 issue. Does the phone get hot when you're running GPS?

Sometimes it does, yes. What I've found is that the phone is the most upset if I keep it in an area of low signal for a long time (like my office for 8 hours) then go out into an area with great coverage and crank on the GPS+Bluetooth radio, while recharging it. That = one toasty phone and orange/green flashing.

Another way to heat the unit right up - run Google Latitude with GPS on, and run it as a foreground application with the map zoomed in to the city level. Lots of data use there, and lots of GPS use too.

Gulanowski 09-08-2009 11:02 AM

First time charging battery - TP2

I know this topic comes up all the time, but what's the procedure to follow for charging the battery on the TP2 for the first time? Drain it all the way then charge it for 8 hours, or charge it immediately? I always find multiple answers, seemingly it depends on the type of battery (NiMH, LION etc.). Certainly I'm not the only one unsure of what to do.

Also, is there any issue with using an XV6800 charger to charge a TP2?

themuffinman 09-08-2009 11:11 AM

Re: First time charging battery - TP2

Just charge it and use it, lithium ion batteries are different than nickel based batteries. No need to really condition them by doing a full discharge and then a full recharge.

JZ* 09-08-2009 11:13 AM

Re: First time charging battery - TP2

And if you need more info...:mrgreen:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82586

CozBoogie 09-09-2009 01:52 PM

Re: Conditioning your batteries for max life

Ummmm...new batteries are pretty cheap...so after a year or so of use if your initial battery's performance is less than expected just get a new one.

Problem solved!!!

late,
Coz

TheRealHotshot 09-09-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CozBoogie (Post 1151436)
Ummmm...new batteries are pretty cheap...so after a year or so of use if your initial battery's performance is less than expected just get a new one.

Problem solved!!!

late,
Coz

Thanks Coz!!! amen! i mean not to be funny but most of use upgrade to the newer model of the phone we using so most of use will never see two years on the same phone!!! at least I wont :evil3:

boredandtattooed 09-09-2009 02:00 PM

you guys noticed the neat lil battery tracking page right? settings>system>power>information tells you your standby time,talk time, device usage, all based off your last full charge... i thought that was cool

Hypnotic2010 09-09-2009 02:45 PM

Hey sweetbear, my apologies for jumping down your throat like that. I was out of line, were all here to help. Just having one of those days i guess.