PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 06:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic
Carrier: Sprint

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Get Rid Of Sprint Music Store Icon/Number of tabs In Opera to four

ok, this is for those that dont know how to edit the manila files, I hate the sprint store icon in the music tab and I dont use the music store either. This will remove that icon. Simply disable the tf3d in settings-pesonalptoday, and uncheck tf3d, then use rar or zip to extract the file to the windows folder and click yes to relace existing file, close out rar or zip and reenable tf3d.
You can also just simply extract it to the windows folder and click yes to replace, then soft reset. Download in post #4.

Also opera.ini flies edited to change tabs to number to 4 and the custom user string changed. Maybe this will help some people. Simply just extract these files to the /Windows using rar or zip and click yes to replace then soft reset.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Opera.ini.zip (2.2 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by insomniac; 09-13-2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Added opera.ini
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:57 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Get rid of annoying Sprint Music Tore icon in music tab on TP2

this thread might help people if it had the file attached... just a thought..

**edit** never mind all u did was basically steal this: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=466

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 09-13-2009 at 07:02 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: Project Fi

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

works thank you!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok, sorry guys, I had tried many times to upload this file from the phone and neither Opera nor IE wanted to do it, well, i finally got home to my computer, so here it is. sorry about that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nosprintmusicicon.zip (9.1 KB, 46 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
this thread might help people if it had the file attached... just a thought..

**edit** never mind all u did was basically steal this: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=466
Ok, I had never seen this thread, and if all i did "was steal this" then why would I take the time to edit this on the TP2 by sprint which is really hard (directly from phone anyways), same as changing some opera files which I was going to post next, this post was posted yesterday at 9:11 pm, hmm, I was playing with my just hard reseted Tp since I messed up my tf3d wtihout backing some things up (my fault), around that time, thanks. So I was not here on ppc geeks at 9:11 nor do I go around "stealing". This is all I am going to say about this.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

russell235 is just getting started

I get a write error when i try to overwrite the file. touch flo is turned off. is the windows folder copy protected?
Old 09-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: Project Fi

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

what are you using to overwrite? i use resco explorer and it did it no problem.

you can disable touchflo, reset then overwrite.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:36 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell235 View Post
I get a write error when i try to overwrite the file. touch flo is turned off. is the windows folder copy protected?

try total commander to copy it over.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell235 View Post

I made these directly from my phone and used an older version of htc zip to get these on my phone and cant post it at the moment as I am using my phone to tether and its on the sd. But try resco as mentined by marctronix, I used it on the tp1 and it usually works, if not try pocket rar which can be found at rarlabs.com and probably this site as well.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

russell235 is just getting started
Re: Get Rid Of Sprint Music Store Icon/Number of tabs In Opera to four

thank you for the replies. disabling tf3d and resetting still gave me the error, but the pocket pc version of total commander is free, so I tried that and it worked without any problem at all. I wish that I could see the windows folder in activesync, but oh well.

It looks so much better without the sprint store crap. Landscape view unfortunately seems a bit empty above the text. maybe a little better if it were centered. Or maybe I'll just get a better wallpaper. :P

thank you guys

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2