PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: How do you tether with the Sprint touch pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
yes, you just hit connect after selecting sprint....

remember your data connection must be on and the tp2 software has to be installed on ya pc.... so ya have a sync partnership....
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
its been what 2 yrs easy for tethering and its hacks???

why r u guys installing stealth cabs etc, obviously they dont care... and like noone ever has reported being charged.... whats the point? to cover you behind??? ummm, its a stock app, that requires nothing extra to get it to work.... theres your angle to argue with right there.... its basically impossible to get charged-though if they did, you may have to argue for charges to be removed...

we've been doing this(tethering)forever now... face it, they wont charge you... dont need a reg edit... dont need to install a cab or delete a .dll
boredandtattooed, dragon is correct, without that reg edit, the internet sharing option is there but you will not be able to tether for free with out his edit.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The new HTC Wifi router is fantastic!

Old 09-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
try my suggestion on page 1. just delete forcecellconnection, thats it...
Have you actually done this? On my TP2 after I delete the forcecellconnection key it reappears after a soft reset!!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
Have you actually done this? On my TP2 after I delete the forcecellconnection key it reappears after a soft reset!!!!
if it doesn't work i would recommend checking the tp2 tips and tricks thread, because mighty mike posted a cab to enable the stealth tethering.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:03 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
ive done it a bazillion times on my sprint tp1 and on my wifes diamond. Funny thing is lately hers reappears after soft reset also, I just figured it was the rom she was on. Thats strange.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
ive done it a bazillion times on my sprint tp1 and on my wifes diamond. Funny thing is lately hers reappears after soft reset also, I just figured it was the rom she was on. Thats strange.
its built in to the rom and will come back upon a hard reset...i just delete the extension file and whammy im on board...i am however gonna put my air card in and test out the wifi router and see if it any faster...

Last edited by Yay 4 Juggs; 09-09-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:05 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

can you use HTC wifi router via USB?

I always see people saying they use this to tether, but isnt it only for WIFI? I do use it for this at work, but at home I only tether USB using ICS with the Deleteforcecell connection hack.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
its been what 2 yrs easy for tethering and its hacks???

why r u guys installing stealth cabs etc, obviously they dont care... and like noone ever has reported being charged.... whats the point? to cover you behind??? ummm, its a stock app, that requires nothing extra to get it to work.... theres your angle to argue with right there.... its basically impossible to get charged-though if they did, you may have to argue for charges to be removed...

we've been doing this(tethering)forever now... face it, they wont charge you... dont need a reg edit... dont need to install a cab or delete a .dll
I agree. As rarely as I use it, it's no biggie. Never had an issue in 2 or 3 years of doing it now. Never heard of anyone having a prob.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:34 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD

i dont know why it would be any different for others...

but there were no network connection settings in ICS unless you did this reg hack.... ive flashed stock many times and hard reset on stock many times, the network connection settings option is just simply not there......

so ya saying without the reg edit, you have the option to select network connections??????? now remember custom roms come usually with the network connections, but on stock its just not there...
Old 09-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
not to be a pain but have you done it on your tp2 and then checked after a soft reset. I would like to be able to tether like I did on my tp1 where I started up ICS- selected sprint as connection and when I made the usb connection to my laptop (no activesync crap) I was on the internet.

I am also curious how these registry setting are repopulated after a soft reset- is there a hidden program that runs at start up that writes to the registry?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2