PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: TP2 Revolt against Sprint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
I thanked you both , you can move on now.
Just to let you know, its an open thread, no need to tell me to move on, i will move on and stop posting when I'M DONE, not when you tell me to.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Personally the price is exactly in line with what I expected it to be. However, I hope it becomes affordable for all PPC Geekers because the more people the have it the more activity this forum will have.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Personally the price is exactly in line with what I expected it to be. However, I hope it becomes affordable for all PPC Geekers because the more people the have it the more activity this forum will have.
this is a productive statement!
Old 09-01-2009, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2
Carrier: Sprint

mike99 is just getting started

I agree with you, but here is the problem. Like you said, this is all about supply and demand. Unfortunately, there is no competition for HTC today. This is why they can get away with crap, like not getting appropriate drivers for their hansets and charging the rediculous prices.

To be fair, there is no alternatives for the high-end Wim Mo phones. That is why many people on this forum are getting TP2. Had they had a choice of similar phones with better software and lower price, they would not be saying that. But they do not have a choice! Even Android phones are made by HTC. I sure do hope that other manufacturers, like Toshiba, Microsoft, Motorolla, Palm will start getting into the game. If Iphone were available on Sprint, even though it is not a direct competition to TP, it would make the law of supply and demand work for us. For now, unfortunately, there is not much we can do. We can complain, but there is no reason for HTC to get their software in order and for Sprint to start charging less.

I do know, though, I will not be getting TP2 for this price. This is what we can do - vote with our wallets.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
too bring you to speed the TP1 cost 399.99 with a 100.00 rebate, the diamond cost 299.99 with a 100.00 rebate the TP2 COST 449.99 WITH A 100.00 REBATE, which makes it 150.00 more...
I really don't see what the big deal is with the Price. It seems fine to me. Of course it's going to cost more than the Original TP1 it's a newer, bigger and better phone. I see people comparing the price to the one of the Palm Pre, that is a joke in my opinion. The Pre is a toy not a smartphone. It's fun to play with for about two weeks and then it sucks. Also the Diamond was not $100 less than the TP1 it was only $50 cheaper.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
too bring you to speed the TP1 cost 399.99 with a 100.00 rebate, the diamond cost 299.99 with a 100.00 rebate the TP2 COST 449.99 WITH A 100.00 REBATE, which makes it 150.00 more...

why are you comparing the TP2 to the diamond?

a proper comparison is the TP to the TP2 which is a $50 difference...
Old 09-01-2009, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2/Touch Pro/Diamond

Atomic2Mod is keeping up the good workAtomic2Mod is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Touch Pro is 579.00 without rebates.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TPprice.JPG (35.2 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-01-2009, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic2Mod View Post
Touch Pro is 579.00 without rebates.
He was using the new and/or renewing customer price.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:51 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
Fine by me don't, your logic is lame, this is a phone not a car, but ok. Like I said I know it's prolly impossible but would be cool to pull off. You can move on now
I would like a 350$ car

That said, the price is always high when it is introduced, as more phones come out and competititon tightens I can see the price dropping a bit.

To a business user, its no different then buying a domestic airline ticket price wise.

Also to note, we are far too used to certain prices but don't realize that the US dollar is worth half of what it was in 2000

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

i was just posting the pricing so everyone can see there is no earth shattering price increase just 50bucks.
i should of explained earlier but at work and something came up...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2