PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Touch Pro 2 Reviews (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77471)

WickedWyrm 09-24-2009 03:33 PM

Re: Touch Pro 2 Reviews

Had my Verizon TP2 since the 19th. Overall I like it. It is my second WM phone ( I had a Ozone for 29days).
Battery life is good. I can get 5 hours of usage time before I need to charge and that is running WiFi, Bluetooth and push email.
Definetly runs out of ram way too fast. (I'll have to try one of those cleanup programs. I'm just worried about how to backup the phone first and how to do the soft reset. I though it was just turning the phone on and off with the power button.)
Clicking on links in the internet is a pain. It seems to recognize what I want to click on, but won't do it until I zoom in and click it again.
I love having the weather show up on my calendar.
The huge keyboard is great.
The phone is huge but I got use to it. However I won't be getting a case to make it bigger so now it slides around when I set it down in my car.
The automatic backlight works great.
And google maps loaded in. That program is must have.
Would be nice if it came with flash installed. My ozone already had flash, so now I'm going to wait for the new flash lite next week or whatever.
Overall a good phone. Not sure if i like the Iphone better or not (although being able to use my finger instead of fingernail is the best feature of the Iphone)
But now I'm in the world of PPC and I get to add things to my phone. I'm definetly a noob, but very excited about the possibilities.

bikeandestroyx 09-24-2009 06:41 PM

Re: CNET's TP2 (Verizon) Review is in!

uhh wtf are they talking about, camera quality is so much better on the tp compared to the tp2. Its way smoother,feels like a big upgrade actually! I am glad i got the tp2.
Call quality is pretty good, but the mic is very sensative, so dont expect to be understood on a very windy day lol, also i tend to keep my finger next to the mic and if i brush next to it, it makes the crackling noise.
The screen is gorgeous! I convinced my mom to get one lol and my dad wants one too

BenC 09-24-2009 07:00 PM

Re: CNET's TP2 (Verizon) Review is in!

I find the TP2 fits comfortably in my hands, though the one I prefer is the Cento with the extended battery.

raziel 09-25-2009 10:52 AM

I just had mine for a few hours. Installed some of the tweaks and got the phone activated. So far it has been awesome. I was worried about the size since it's larger than the Touch Pro that I have but it actually feels lighter because it's not as thick and stubby. It's more or less the same feel as the iPhone in size and weight and not as fat as the Touch Pro.

I am loving the screen and the keyboard and how quick the interface responds without any custom ROMs. I do however, miss Windows Mobile 6.5 (I actually hated it at first, but have gotten used to it on my Touch Pro). Also, I have to start to get used to the missing Tab key on the keyboard as well as the magnetic Stylus.

I was actually going to get a new case for this but the original Touch Pro case (I have three of them, went through 3 Touch Pros, thank you TEP!!!) fits perfectly! Anyway, I need to head off to work and use it in real world situations. So far so good!

Malatesta 09-25-2009 02:57 PM

Here's my review, lol:

Review: Sprint Touch Pro 2 aka Confessions of a Black-Slabâ„¢ skeptic

Tons of pics and screen shots.In short, I really like it.

jmorton10 09-25-2009 04:25 PM

Well done, very informative review.

~John

QClemons 09-25-2009 06:06 PM

I tried to order mine earlier in the week to find Verizon had my NF2 account wrong, after getting it straighened out TP2 was out of stock online , I called CS and they ordered it for me and got e-mail conf. today it has shipped, all for 49.95.

oneders65 09-25-2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QClemons (Post 1193883)
I tried to order mine earlier in the week to find Verizon had my NF2 account wrong, after getting it straighened out TP2 was out of stock online , I called CS and they ordered it for me and got e-mail conf. today it has shipped, all for 49.95.

How did you get such a low price?:headbang:

QClemons 09-26-2009 07:03 PM

How did you get such a low price?:headbang:

While CSR was fixing account problems I told her that I wanted to order the phone but web site was sold out, she checked for me and found a phone and ordered it for me and said she would charge my verizon account for everything then I would have to send in for the rebates myself being she order it and I didn't thru the site. when all was said and done it came out that I would only pay 49.95 for the phone. On top of that it has been three days and my account has yet to show any charges and my phone has already shipped and will be here Monday. Go figure, I'll take what I can get.

Dmxn94v 09-27-2009 04:29 PM

Any ideas on the Sprinttv to laptop pc feature...does not work. Purchase the necessary cables to send the output from the TP2 to the laptop to discover that Sprint blocked this feature. Message states that the cable must be detached from the phone to use Sprint TV...