PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 01:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach
Re: HTC Touch Pro2 for Sprint in June

i hope it comes out mid june. that would be great to grab the TP2 next month along with the pre for the old lady.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gsvnet is becoming a great contributor
Re: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2 Spotted in the wild

I suppose I might be in the minority (at least in this thread) when I say with the apps I run, heat issues aren't too much of a problem. Sometimes the TP gets a little hot with say GPS use, but it's nothing unbearable, at least under my conditions/usage. Overall the TP does great for my needs, I have nothing against HTC.

A bigger screen is definitely nice, and I also like the fact that this will have the tilt feature like the TyTN II (AT&T Tilt/Kaiser). Most likely I'm in for this as an upgrade..
Old 05-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Im trying to get my Lady to get the Pre too cuz I know for a fact that Im getting the Pro2 and I dont mind switching every once in a while... but what if she drops my phone or put it in her purse and scratches it up??? I might be going to prison...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Precision View Post
very nice...just got a boner lol
Whatever...chicks don't get boners...you're not fooling anyone!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
I'm waiting for the D2 also. But, I may wait long and hold out for the Star that will meet the requirments for WM 7. Or I may actually get the D2, keep it for two or three years and then get the 2nd or 3rd generation of the Star. By then Sprints 4g network should be up and running, what ver it may be - WiMax or LTE.
When is the Star supposed to come out though? Well into 2010? At the rate phones are coming out I probably won't be able to resist upgrading too long . I'm eligible for full discounts now, by the time the Star comes out, I may be close to a 12 month upgrade discount
Old 05-20-2009, 03:32 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

If they built the tilt mechanism anything like they did with the AT&T Tilt...I don't think we have anything to worry about.

My question is whether the hardware under the hood is really worth the upgrade. Most of us that are running custom ROM's are still enjoying added speed and functionality to our TP's. Yes, I know there are some construction issues with the TP's...but at the end of the day we want a device that works the way it is intended to work.

Besides, I've only had my TP since Nov 08...not sure I'm ready to plop $$$$ down for a "minor" upgrade.

Also, I'll be more willing to drop bucks on the "mythical" Android device that eventually Sprint will be willing to release.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:08 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

anyone curious that maybe the orange details on the phone might hint at a fall release?
Old 05-20-2009, 07:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Sgabert is a n00b

No 3.5 mm headphone jack = no deal. Plus the first time you got something on your hands and pick up that phone each little hole is going to become plugged. I'm going to hold off for a while
Old 05-20-2009, 08:58 AM
hec
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

hec is becoming a great contributor

Maybe just me, but I think the missing TAB key on the keyboard blows. I like the TP1's layout better. The TP2's may be easier to use for people w/ large fingers, but I prefer having the extra keys on the TP1.

FYI, you can see higher-resolution pics of the TP2 in bigchico67's post: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69155
Old 05-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

2gunsup is a n00b

WTF! I got my Touch Pro in late April ughhhhhh Now I want this phone.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2