PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

elmago29 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
can i get insurance on a used phone

Does anyone know if its possible to get insurance on a TP2 that i purchased? i would like to get the insurnace from T-mobile USA.

I didn't purchase the phone directly from them, i got it from my friend.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:49 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: can i get insurance on a used phone

T-mobile policy will not allow it but I have seen people call into care and get it added. I work in a corp tmo store and it asks everytime we update an imei if the customer wants to add insurance but it is against policy to add to a used phone.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Add insurance when you activate it.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 02-26-2010, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

elmago29 is becoming a great contributor

Just Got off the phone with t-mobile and they said that yes it is possible to add insurance a use TP2. for 5.99. It just requries a new Sim card (in other words a new line).
Old 02-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor

pesky sim cards, lol. i am on sprint and if you take a new phone into a store to get it swapped out they will tell you unless you are buying it from them, insurance is a no-go. but if i buy a used peice of crap off craigslist and call it in over the phone for activation i can add insurance no questions asked.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

I've never had any problems on Sprint. I've bought a couple of used phones off craigslist in the past and when I activated it on my existing line, the insurance just carried over. No clue if that's how T-Mo does it, though...
Old 02-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

drakens is becoming a great contributor
Talking Re: can i get insurance on a used phone

With sprint you can for sure. I traded someone a blackberry 8330 for a busted keyboard TP1, threw insurance at it when i activated it, sent it in broken the next day! Slick way to get an upgrade for 100 bucks lol...

when i had to replace my tp1 for a tp2 later on that was just icing on the cake....
start w/ free blackberry, end w 100 dollar tp2... lol
Old 02-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor

hahaha, i wandered into the wonderful world of insurance the same way. i bought a mogul off craigslist and the guy didn't tell me it was screwed up. it would freeze constantly even after hard resets. i switched back to my original phone, then switched back to the mogul, requested insurance at activation, few days later took it in and got it replaced with a refurb. that one had a white spot on the screen and i took it back got upgraded to a touch pro1. had that about a year and it stopped vibrating. went through three refurbs and now am proud owner of tp2. didn't pay a single deductible. just my 84 dollars a year in premiums. so all people who say insurance isn't worth the monthly fee, i disagree
Old 02-27-2010, 02:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

can confirm with sprint, bought few from criagslist and ebay and never had problems getting insurance for any of them. Two things most people dont know/realise are:
1) You can get insurance at anytime within 30 days of any repair service, so you can bring your phone in for any problem(even made up) and since it "was serviced" you can get insurance for the device. Of course i dont recommend making up the problems to get the insurance.

2) most devices(like HTC TP/Diamond/TP2) carry 1 year warranty that starts from the time you first activate the device on the network(and not when you bought it/was manufactured). I bought TP a while ago from ebay and it was never activated. I activated it with Sprint 4 month later and waranty period started from the date it was activated. Just make sure its Sprint branded and was never activated(and has clean/clear ESN(even never activated/BNIB devices can have bad ESN if were reported lost/stolen).
Both points are only for Sprint and i am not sure they might work different on another network

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 02-27-2010, 02:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

forgot to mention if your device sill under warranty - dont get the most expensive insurance but get the cheaper one -the one that covers physical damage/liquid, since the manufacturers waranty itself is like having the regular repair insurance for a year anyways and it is honored by sprint repair stores(no need to send to manufacturer). This way you save about $50 a year and get exactly the same coverage

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
touc pro 2 insurance