PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tutorial: Sprint Touch Pro 2 on the Verizon Network

After several requests for more information about how I am running these Sprint Touch Pro 2's on my Verizon network account, we thought we would post this tutorial for others wanting to do the same. I have found that the Sprint Touch Pro 2 is a very capable device and readily available as it seems more of these were sold with the Sprint badge than the Verizon one. Okkay, enough chit chat, let's get to the details:

Getting your Sprint Touch Pro 2 running on the Verizon network.

Things to gather up from the PPCGeeks forums(Files relating to each step):

1. Baffles MSL Grabber
2. Touch Pro 2 Unlocker
3. HTC WModem drivers
4. QPST
. Verizon Shipped Rom
6. (No additional files needed for this step)
7. Tweaked Verizon DMU Keys

. Tweaked Verizon PRL
9. Pixie Dust - (This is the trickiest step, PM me for details)
10. Tink's Force Modes

Follow these steps in this order:

First: You can perform this step on your phone. Install Baffles MSL Grabber, run it from your phone and write down your MSL. If you have the latest Sprint Touch Pro 2 from September 2011 or later, and cannot grab your MSL, I have some alternate methods. Let us know.

Second: Unlock your device using the unlocker mentioned above.

Third: Install the htc modem drivers on your computer

Fourth: Install QPST on your computer

Fifth: Flash the Verizon Shipped Rom you downloaded. Let your phone boot fully to the today screen. Place your phone in DMR mode by dialing ##3424. Now, connect your phone to your computer via usb mode. Start QPST config and select ports. Now, in QPST, your phone should come up. If it doesn't, right click on my computer and select properties. Click hardware and then device manager. Click view and device by connection. Click on your Ports and locate HTC. Notice the com port that the HTC device is on. Take a note of this and return to QPST config. Now, click add COM port, and add the port you saw in the device manager. QPST will pick up the phone.

Now, click on services and go to services programming. Select your phone and begin. This will ask for your MSL. Type it in and continue. Click read from phone. You may have to retype that MSL code.

Now that you are in QPST Service programming, you can change your MSL unlock code. Change it to 000000. That is Verion’s MSL code, and it is so easy to remember for later on. Once this is done, click write to phone. I caution, do not close out of QPST service programming until this is done! You will know when this is done if you can see that the buttons read from phone, write to phone, are not grayed out.

Sixth: Now, its time to change our MIP settings. Dial ##778, tap View info, and select M.IP settings. On your phone you can edit the information to match the following:

MIP Profile
Number of profiles: 6
Active user profile index: 0
MIP_MODE: Mobile IP Prefered
MIP Reg Retries: 2
MIP Reg Retry: 1750 ms
MIP Pre-Reg Timeout: 0
Mobile Node-HA: Enable
Send A Reg: Disable
Dormant Handoff Opt: Enable

Now, tap View info again, choose MIP default profile. Edit the information on your phone to match these settings:

MIP Default Profile
Enable Profile: Enable
NAI: ‘Your number‘@vzw3g.com (example 5557761122@vzw3g.com)
DUN NAI: (if entry is there enter MDN@vzw3g.com so you can tether without a tethering package or MDN@dun.vzw3g.com if you want paid tethering))
MN HA SPI Set: Enable
MN HA SPI Value: 12C
MN AAA SPI Set: Enable
MN AAA SPI Value: 2
Reverse Tunneling: Enable
Home Address: 0.0.0.0
Primary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
Secondary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
HA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
AAA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
DMU Pub Key: 10
MN Authenticator: 0

It is very important to erase the HA and AAA shared keys. These will be filled in automatically by the Verizon network in step 10!

Complete changes from EPST and the device will soft reset.

Seventh: Now place your phone in diag mode (##3424). Connect your phone to your computer and enter QPST EFS explorer. In EFS explorer, you will see the DMU folder. Right click on the folder and you will be able to insert the DMU key via the file explorer from the file you downloaded to your computer. Select the DMU key file and press okay. The information will be written to the phone.

Eighth: Drag your PRL file you downloaded above from your computer to your cell phone memory. Dial ##PRL and hit send. This will lead to a dialog box on your phone that will allow you to locate the PRL file you loaded onto your phone. Make sure the PRL is in a directory where you can access it when you browse for it on your phone.

Ninth: Pixie Dust - PM me.

Tenth: Unzip Tink's Force Modes and place the unzipped folder onto your phone's storage card. Install the two cabs, and then tap on ForceChoice. Say no to the first two options and yes to the third. Now dial *228 option 1. Allow the device to be programed over the air. The device will reboot. When back to the today screen, open Opera browser and allow the home page to load. Go to ppcgeeks.com and allow that page to load. Now return to the Tink's Force Choice folder on your storage card. Tap on 'ForceChoice'. Say yes to the first option. Done.
At this point you will have voice, text, 1x and 3G data on the Verizon Network. You can now flash your favorite Rom or stay on the shipped Verizon Rom. It is your choice.

Special thanks to the PPCG development team.

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 03-17-2012 at 10:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: Tutorial: Sprint Touch Pro 2 on the Verizon Network

hm just checking but you need a verizon account right? Or is this like what I've heard about, using a verizon radio for better speed?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeB View Post
hm just checking but you need a verizon account right? Or is this like what I've heard about, using a verizon radio for better speed?
Yes, sorry for the confusion. This tutorial is for someone that has a Verizon account and wants to use a Sprint device on it. Thanks for posting!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800 - Tinkerbell's 29019 Rom

buddysousa is keeping up the good workbuddysousa is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Great write up Tink. Makes me want to buy a sprint device just to try this out. Are you sure it works? 100%?
Old 03-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddysousa View Post
Great write up Tink. Makes me want to buy a sprint device just to try this out. Are you sure it works? 100%?
Hey Buddy. Thank you! Well, we can't say 100% because so far we have only confirmed this with two devices. But I can say that on those two devices, both are 100% functional. We have talk, text, MMS, 1x and 3G data. Let us know if you need any help if you decide to give it a try! ^^)
Old 03-22-2012, 12:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

supermaxkato is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Excited to try this out Tinkerbell. PM sent.

Also I have a TP2 stuck on splash screen and endless boot.
I don't want to steal your thread, so any suggestions via PM would be great.
(It feels like I've already tried every thread suggestion from here and XDA!)
Old 03-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Nice Job Tink!!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Nice Job Tink!!
Thank you horndoctor!! I really appreciate the encouragement! ^^)
Old 03-29-2012, 10:25 PM
N00b

Finally gave this a whirl.
On step 10 I was able to *228 and successfully activate, but then I flashed back to MR1, and now the phone has no cell reception (the antennae icon has no bars and just a circle).
So I did some reading and saw that hardspl doesn't always work with the "MR" roms. So I flashed back to the shipped rom (the one your steps said to flash before step 10), and same problem.
No reception.
Can't dial *228, 611, or even 911.
Comm manager says the phone is on. And when I turn the phone off the antennae goes to an X, but when I turn it back on it goes back to the circle.
When I try running your forceoptions, it acts like it's going to change to bars, but then goes back to the circle.
70% battery
Data has the X.
Clock does not show current time.
Phone->Options->Network Service->Automatic-B (and won't let me change it)
What am I missing?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:59 PM
N00b

Also, I can't change EPST any longer ("LPM" error).
I could start your whole process over Tink but I don't want to do something to cause/further damage.
Need help!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2