PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How to extract imgfs.bin from a custom ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148409)

jeffH70 12-17-2011 03:16 PM

How to extract imgfs.bin from a custom ROM

Hi,

I need to extract two dlls from a custom TP2 rom. I can extract os.nb from nbh file correctly. However, when I run imgfsfromnb, it generates zero length imgfs. I tried a number of custom roms and the result were the same. The dlls are for unicode sms transmission and receiving (HTC_SMS_Providers.dll and SMS_Providers.dll). Is there anyway to extract it correctly?

Jeff

puff 12-17-2011 04:02 PM

Re: How to extract imgfs.bin from a custom ROM

1) if you want to extract dll files, check out rom extractor

2) moved to correct forum

jeffH70 12-17-2011 04:44 PM

Well how rom extractor will help me in this case? My tp 2 does not have those 2 dlls. They are in the custom rom installation nbh file that supports unicode. I just need to get the imgfs from the custom rom installation without having to install to my tp 2 first.

puff 12-17-2011 05:23 PM

Why not install the ROM?

jeffH70 12-17-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 2160775)
Why not install the ROM?

Long story short. I gave the phone to my sister for the long trip out of the country and she did not know how to do it so I need to extract those two files and asked her to copy over the in \windows directory.

elesbb 12-17-2011 11:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffH70 (Post 2160797)
Long story short. I gave the phone to my sister for the long trip out of the country and she did not know how to do it so I need to extract those two files and asked her to copy over the in \windows directory.

here you are . from my kitchen I'm sure they will work . just un zip the zip file .

jeffH70 12-18-2011 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2160810)
here you are . from my kitchen I'm sure they will work . just un zip the zip file .

Thanks! Could you tell me which rom you extracted from? The rom for North America will not work as it is default to ascii. I want to make sure that the dll can handle unicode at least, preferable CHS or CHT as she discovered that the phone could not display local sms. She needs the phone because I installed gps map program so she would not get lost there. :mrgreen:

puff 12-18-2011 01:45 AM

Jeff, if you can provide the specific ROM...

horndoctor 12-18-2011 04:27 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Sprint/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

I must say I think you're going about this the wrong way.
Is this a RhodiumW or a GSM Rhodium you are working with here?
For sms/mms you should just need the correct settings for the carrier she is using this device with. Maybe there is a simple cab install available. If calls work on this network then sms should certainly function. :scratch:

darren.wlsn1 12-18-2011 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2160839)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Sprint/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

I must say I think you're going about this the wrong way.
Is this a RhodiumW or a GSM Rhodium you are working with here?
For sms/mms you should just need the correct settings for the carrier she is using this device with. Maybe there is a simple cab install available. If calls work on this network then sms should certainly function. :scratch:

op originally posted in cdma tp2 forum so i would assume its a cdma tp2 and i agree with you.