PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: sprint

smokeahontis is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation God, if you listenin..HELP!

Ok, in all seriousness my phone has gone HAM over the last 2 days and I havent the slightest clue why. Forgive me if there is a thread about what I'm bout to describe already, but:

My phone randomly goes to the dialer menu and places calls by itself. Or sometimes if I'm in my messages, it'll just keep typing the letter gggggggggggg by itself, then it'll stop. One time it pressed the g, the l k j letters by it self too.
My phone did not get wet, nor did it fall or anything. This behavior just started 2 days ago.

Also let me add that I have a tp2, with froyo07 on it. BUT...it also exhibits strange behavior on the WinMo side too. Like it used to keep pressing the voice dialing thing all the time until I disabled that in WinMo, but it's still occasionally press some undesired keys.

Does anyone have any clue as to what might be causing this. I just want both sides to be back to normal like it was. Oh yeah and I notice that when I load droid, it takes longer than before and also soon as it comes on its saying that i need to force close or wait the activity finder or something like that, because it stopped responding. WTF happened to this genius genius setup i used to have. Please help a sista out!!!!

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:07 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeahontis
Ok, in all seriousness my phone has gone HAM over the last 2 days and I havent the slightest clue why. Forgive me if there is a thread about what I'm bout to describe already, but:

My phone randomly goes to the dialer menu and places calls by itself. Or sometimes if I'm in my messages, it'll just keep typing the letter gggggggggggg by itself, then it'll stop. One time it pressed the g, the l k j letters by it self too.
My phone did not get wet, nor did it fall or anything. This behavior just started 2 days ago.

Also let me add that I have a tp2, with froyo07 on it. BUT...it also exhibits strange behavior on the WinMo side too. Like it used to keep pressing the voice dialing thing all the time until I disabled that in WinMo, but it's still occasionally press some undesired keys.

Does anyone have any clue as to what might be causing this. I just want both sides to be back to normal like it was. Oh yeah and I notice that when I load droid, it takes longer than before and also soon as it comes on its saying that i need to force close or wait the activity finder or something like that, because it stopped responding. WTF happened to this genius genius setup i used to have. Please help a sista out!!!!

Thanks in advance.
It kinda sounds like a problem with the hardware keyboard.

First, have you tried hard resetting/clear storage? If not do that first.

The only way to be sure this is a hardware problem is flash the shipped rom back on and test it and if the problem persists you have a hardware problem.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: God, if you listenin..HELP!

Gone HAM, LOL. Horndoctor is right. That sounds like a hardware issue. Probably the ribbon cable is shorting on something. Unfortunately, I don't think a hard reset will fix it.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyreiff77 View Post
I'm 15 white and from Utah jus to tell ya an me and my friend are in a group called Omnirhymez. Tell me what ya think.
Hello, please try to remain on topic. Not sure what this means? Thanks for understanding.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:14 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

IS your g key jammed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
Hello, please try to remain on topic. Not sure what this means? Thanks for understanding.
That means he is about to disappear

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Ha sounds as if he were trying to hit on her LMAO !
Old 10-13-2011, 10:40 AM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeahontis View Post

Thanks in advance.
Like everyone else said , i would first flash back to stock ROM and eliminate all software ends of the problem . If you have insurance , just take it back to the store . If as you say , you didnt get any moisture damage , then they have to replace it free of charge . If not , they might try to fix it , but it sounds like the hardware keyboard and buttons on the front screen are on the fritz . my brothers phone did this when he decided to go swimming with it ^^ . But anyhow , about how old is the device ?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
IS your g key jammed?

@gTen is he banned?

@smokeahontis unique name by the way, but anyway like the others have said it sounds like a hardware issue with the keyboard to me. I would suggest putting the stock rom back on it and taking it into sprint to have it looked at/replaced.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:41 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@gTen is he banned?
Yes, he had an ipad and thats a bannable offense lol jk

It was a spammer/bot, he had 5 posts all of which were random gibberish unrelated to the topic and he was accessing from pakistan.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Yes, he had an ipad and thats a bannable offense lol jk
That seems like a good enough reason to me lol jp
Quote:
It was a spammer/bot, he had 5 posts all of which were random gibberish unrelated to the topic and he was accessing from pakistan.
What the heck is a spammer/bot ?????

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
buttons, droid, keys, ontheirown, press