PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Video Out doesn't work. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146999)

RBraverman 09-13-2011 11:00 PM

Video Out doesn't work.

Brought this over from TP1, I've a Rhod 400 TP2 that when the HTC proper video cable is inserted, nothing happens. Have searched but nothing other than adapting iPOD cables.

Any ideas?

As far as ROM's, this is stock and I MIGHT be getting a Tilt2 (this is a T-Mobile - they kicked me off their network) and had to go to AT&T, just getting Edge so either I get the Tiult2, or just use XDandroid when BT is fixed.

But I digress.

lnando84 09-13-2011 11:17 PM

Re: Video Out doesn't work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBraverman (Post 2144706)
Brought this over from TP1, I've a Rhod 400 TP2 that when the HTC proper video cable is inserted, nothing happens. Have searched but nothing other than adapting iPOD cables.

Any ideas?

As far as ROM's, this is stock and I MIGHT be getting a Tilt2 (this is a T-Mobile - they kicked me off their network) and had to go to AT&T, just getting Edge so either I get the Tiult2, or just use XDandroid when BT is fixed.

But I digress.

Have you tried the Enable_tv_out cab? If not, get it here, install it and retry..

Or instead of the cab change these reg edits:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\H2W\TVOutCableIn change to 1 default is 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\TVOut\FunctionEnab le change to 1 default is 0

RBraverman 09-14-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnando84 (Post 2144709)
Have you tried the Enable_tv_out cab? If not, get it here, install it and retry..

Or instead of the cab change these reg edits:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\H2W\TVOutCableIn change to 1 default is 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\TVOut\FunctionEnab le change to 1 default is 0

Tried the cab along time ago - no joy.

Changed the first one and it jumped to PAL/NTSC, and landscape, had to reboot too correct, then did the second and still no joy. Plugged the cable in and nothing changed, ran a video and no output. Is the a certain player or sequence of events in order to have it work?

eric12341 09-14-2011 05:27 PM

how did u get kicked off t-mobile if I may ask?

RBraverman 09-14-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2144882)
how did u get kicked off t-mobile if I may ask?

A little item they have in their contract, (Sprint also does for that matter, with their all you can eat data plan) even if you don't have a contract with them, (I was month to month) if you roam where they aren't - which seems to be most places, TOO OFTEN, you get a text telling you your service will be cut off at such n such a date, which ends up being anywhere from a week, to the end of your billing period.

They don't even tell you why! When I called, it took me almost an hour to find out - and you have no recourse.

I got 10 days.

AND it's FOREVER - they will never allow you to signup for service with them again - and I'd been with them for 7 years!

So I've got a T-Mobile branded TP2 in great condition, but need an ATT.

Bummed.

So this kinda became a rant - sorry

Tybalt39 09-14-2011 07:30 PM

Is your video-out cable for the TP1 or TP2? There is a difference...

RBraverman 09-14-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tybalt39 (Post 2144911)
Is your video-out cable for the TP1 or TP2? There is a difference...

Now THAT is a good question - didn't know there was a difference. I bought it off eBAY from a guy that said he used it on his TP2.

How would I know?

Tybalt39 09-17-2011 01:23 PM

There is a thread around here somewhere describing the mod required to make a TP1 cable work with TP2. A wire had to be moved, IIRC.... How to tell the difference? Don't know. I bought mine on eBay as well, but new. Listed for TP2 for about $15.

RBraverman 09-17-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tybalt39 (Post 2145598)
There is a thread around here somewhere describing the mod required to make a TP1 cable work with TP2. A wire had to be moved, IIRC.... How to tell the difference? Don't know. I bought mine on eBay as well, but new. Listed for TP2 for about $15.

I remember seeing someone mention it, and went looking for it - looked for days actually.

I was finally rescued by the Volunteer Mountain Patrol 7 days later - I was still empty handed. Guess I'll pack better this time and go out looking again.

Stick near the Rogue so at least I've got water.

horndoctor 09-17-2011 08:28 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Maybe this will help:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1246699-post1.html

Or this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1601545-post1.html