PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FAX Software for TP2

in theory a fax is no difference from you talking to your friend.

its just AUDIO that is formatted so it encodes DATA instead of words.

compression would make it very hard to use reliably (our speech is HEAVILY compressed) but it would be interesting to try.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Well, tried to dl from gTen's provided link....can't seem to get to the download link that SoftPedia has linked (points to developers site and trial down load link which must have changed).

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 07-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Almost a VIP

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Was able to glem the download from download.net....attached incase others want to try it....its trial software 15 days.

EDIT: was able to find 1.8.7beta as well.
Neither one lets works for me. I tried all the options for the modem that it found. Tried setting it up for Receiving and didn't work either.
Clicking on File -> New freezes the app. Also going to the Tools makes the bottom bar disappear (on WM6.5.x at least). But clicking on Hardware Back button seemed to bring me back to the main screen.

Will keep poking around with it and see what I can find.
Attached Files
File Type: cab mfax186_ppc2003.cab (932.3 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab mfax187b_ppc2003.cab (936.8 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by PPCFreak; 07-16-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Attached newer version; updated testing that I did.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Cool!! Let us know how or if it works PPCFreak!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So far it gets hung up on initializing the XDA internal modem. I was hoping it would just "answer the phone" if it rang and listen for fax tones.

kept trying to open a BT window too.

hope someone else figures something out I will of course play with it some more.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Almost a VIP

added 1.8.7b to previous post with cab. Updated post with tests that I did. Not looking so good on getting this to work.
Am going to see if I can fire up the WM2003 emulator and play with the product some more.
Will report back my findings.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I was able to set it to cellular line but it says I can not RECEIVE this way only send and when I click file and new it hangs.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
I was able to set it to cellular line but it says I can not RECEIVE this way only send and when I click file and new it hangs.
when u disable HTC Sense and just use the standard homescreen does it still hang? try that.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:32 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

This is great guys! Thanks for looking into it for us!!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

i have low interest if I have to disable sense but I am game for trying - how to I disable sense non permanently

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2