PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 09:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: verizon

wakedog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
htc tp2 replacement phone

I currently have a HTC TP2 and really like the phone and features. However, it's now old I need a new phone and would like a comparable phone with the features I must have. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1) video out - must have
2) verizon - must have
3) usb connectivity - must have
4) bluetooth A2DP - must have
5) 3.5mm audio out - must have
6) windows mobile OS - would prefer
7) qwerty keyboard - would prefer
Old 06-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

out of luck on windows mobile with verizon. No more windows mobile phones for verizon (think this is true for most if not all carriers now).

The Trophy meets all of those but the physical qwerty and windows mobile (its wp7).

Sprint has the only qwerty wp7 that I am aware of for cdma....but again, its wp7 and is on sprint.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 06-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

wakedog is a n00b
Re: htc tp2 replacement phone

Does the HTC Trophy have a video out? That and verizon are the must haves. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Almost a VIP

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

nope, video out is not listed on the trophy. does have the micro USB but does not list video out as a featuer/spec.

Some of the droids do. If looking for verizon and physical qwerty, might want to look at the Droid 3 coming to VZW soon.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Almost a VIP

Not seeing video out as supported in current or mango versions of WP7.
Shame cause MS did use that when demoing the device on stage in front of everyone so not sure why the Audio/Video out via USB could not be included....
Old 06-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

go ahead and get the trophy. u will not regret it, with the mango update getting closer and closer by the day I can't justify anyone going with another OS :cough "Android" :cough. especially since the trophy supports everything on ur list besides the QWERTY but the on screen one is just like having a qwerty with its accuracy. with the TV out it may work if u can find a TV out cable that supports micro-USB. and as for Bluetooth A2DP it only works in the default media player for now but that should be fixed in mango as well.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

wakedog is a n00b

I think this phone might work. Does anyone have any experience with this phone?

Samsung Fascinate™ a Galaxy S™ phone

1) video out - yes
2) verizon - yes
3) usb connectivity - yes
4) bluetooth A2DP - yes
5) 3.5mm audio out - yes
6) windows mobile OS - no but android ok
7) qwerty keyboard - no
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:21 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedog View Post

your heading in the right direction, but the only problem with that sweet ass galaxy s is that it is over a year old... i would know. i have basically the same phone(but with a keyboard) on sprint.
what made you pick that one? is it because it is free with a 2 year extention? if price isnt an issue, you can get something android that is way sweeter for the 200 dollar price point.
im on sprint, but ill check out vzw website and let you know what i like!

Old 06-14-2011, 11:09 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedog View Post

1) video out - yes
2) verizon - yes
3) usb connectivity - yes
4) bluetooth A2DP - yes
5) 3.5mm audio out - yes
6) windows mobile OS - no but android ok
7) qwerty keyboard - no
my wife has the fascinate.

Big bad on that device: no led for giving notice of missed message....if you don't hear the sound, nothing blinking to let you know.

I am not a fan of the Android OS.

The latest update pushed by Verizon on the fascinate has caused major headaches.....signal drop, battery life down. Wife does a far amount of texting, 3 email accounts (none with exchange) and it lasts at best 6 hours.

I am not pushing you either way, just the facts as I see them from my wife using and griping about that phone as an every day user.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:17 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
my wife has the fascinate.

Big bad on that device: no led for giving notice of missed message....if you don't hear the sound, nothing blinking to let you know.

I am not a fan of the Android OS.

The latest update pushed by Verizon on the fascinate has caused major headaches.....signal drop, battery life down. Wife does a far amount of texting, 3 email accounts (none with exchange) and it lasts at best 6 hours.

I am not pushing you either way, just the facts as I see them from my wife using and griping about that phone as an every day user.
Hmm, I wonder if a custom rom could change that. My Epic lasts about 11 hours and I get led notifications of missed calls and texts.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2