PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143303)

teradog 07-03-2011 11:07 PM

Re: Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM

lol... I'll bet I've DL'd at least 60 & burned the same day... way over 100 total... just too busy today, Holiday & all, will try tomorrow (have to backup & stuff 1st)

FYI, I've run every pagepool there is including 32 & 1 :>)) just can't remember... but I'm sick of Windows not giving back with pp0 even though it rocks & ending up under 100 MB, so I'll probably do that... thanks for reminding me! lol

If you get to it, let us know. I still haven't got to try the ipt weather icon yet! (again)

speedyd718 07-04-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teradog (Post 2123876)
... but I'm sick of Windows not giving back with pp0 even though it rocks & ending up under 100 MB, so I'll probably do that...

don't know if you've tried this but i found that windows will give a little bit back by changing the volume using the hard keys.

teradog 07-05-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedyd718 (Post 2123970)
don't know if you've tried this but i found that windows will give a little bit back by changing the volume using the hard keys.

omg :>) I've reverted to stock volume cab, so no it doesn't (lol actually have no idea, but just for fun will try... dump Arkswitch & get +2)
Quote:

Originally Posted by blunij (Post 2123817)
Hey Teradog! Have you updated to 29022? Have you tried Pagepool of 8-12? Any comments?

OK, so I flashed 12 pp & I'll probably never do zero again... :>) zero was eventually screwing me & not ever giving back... BUT, that's with 2 months use... it's possible too many text msgs, etc.. has something to do with it. I'll keep you posted, but as I said in the energy rom forum, I started with 135, settled 133, almost never under 120, even after tons of Opera tabs & exit.

I'm OC'd at 768 (using the 2 down rule) & stuff is just working fine :>))

Like I said, we'll see after a few days/weeks... but right now am happy with 12 pp. I'd even recommend a 14 pp IF, you have done a panel or quick startmenu replacement AND not running Sense/Cookie. You've got TONs of RAM & will see that even 16 isn't a big deal... (since it's 1 for 1 basically, you should still see starting RAM around 128 with pp of 16)

blunij 07-05-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teradog (Post 2124150)
omg :>) I've reverted to stock volume cab, so no it doesn't (lol actually have no idea, but just for fun will try... dump Arkswitch & get +2)

OK, so I flashed 12 pp & I'll probably never do zero again... :>) zero was eventually screwing me & not ever giving back... BUT, that's with 2 months use... it's possible too many text msgs, etc.. has something to do with it. I'll keep you posted, but as I said in the energy rom forum, I started with 135, settled 133, almost never under 120, even after tons of Opera tabs & exit.

I'm OC'd at 768 (using the 2 down rule) & stuff is just working fine :>))

Like I said, we'll see after a few days/weeks... but right now am happy with 12 pp. I'd even recommend a 14 pp IF, you have done a panel or quick startmenu replacement AND not running Sense/Cookie. You've got TONs of RAM & will see that even 16 isn't a big deal... (since it's 1 for 1 basically, you should still see starting RAM around 128 with pp of 16)

Thanks for the update!
I did 12PP on my son's TP2 with the last ROM. My only feedback is that he doesn't say "I hate this stupid phone" now. LOL, I am going to change from 0 PP to 14 PP on July 4 ROM as soon as Titanium comes up today, on my phone. I too have seen lots of Windows keeping RAM over time. I remove Arkswitch everytime.