PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143303)

teradog 06-10-2011 09:22 PM

Re: Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 2113831)
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

i am currently on nrgz 29020 cht 185 rom.

Tried this out before flashing to titanium and having issues with the weather.
Cant get it to change to standard units (the metric = 0 doesnt seem to work).
Then can not get the weather to update at all.

Any thoughts? using Ankeny (which pulls up zip 50015 which is not right at all; should be 50023 or 50021).

Hey PPCFreak, you're doing some great work helping out on the Energy forum..

"Tried this out"... which one? Weatherbug or the IPTWeather Panel?

teradog 06-10-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunij (Post 2113417)
When flashing a new ROM, what do I need to backup to save icon placement and settings in IPT? I read in IPhone Today on XDA to backup icons.xml. Does that save placement and settings?

just take all 3 icons, settings & version then simply copy back to ipt prog dir from your sd after new flash

PPCFreak 06-11-2011 08:42 AM

Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:

Originally Posted by teradog
Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 2113831)

i am currently on nrgz 29020 cht 185 rom.

Tried this out before flashing to titanium and having issues with the weather.
Cant get it to change to standard units (the metric = 0 doesnt seem to work).
Then can not get the weather to update at all.

Any thoughts? using Ankeny (which pulls up zip 50015 which is not right at all; should be 50023 or 50021).

Hey PPCFreak, you're doing some great work helping out on the Energy forum..

"Tried this out"... which one? Weatherbug or the IPTWeather Panel?

flashed to nrgz titanium rom and running ipt now. love the speed.

I was having issues with weather updating using ipt weather.
am using it currently with the incorrect 50015 zip.
the weather is updating only if I use it as one of my favorites. Cant get the location portion working at all (latitude or my location).
Going to try weatherbug as ipt weather is pretty small on the screen.

the large clock on the screen would be nice too but having issues getting it setup correctly (is in the xda thread using the special icon method).

since I do mostly email on the phone, the extra space and speed is great. dont think I will go back to sense roms after being here.....the speed is just so much greater without sense and the bloatware (never really used much of the sense features anyway).

blunij 06-11-2011 12:03 PM

Hey PPCFREAK...what PP do you use?
That doesn't sound right...what Pagepool are you using?

PPCFreak 06-11-2011 02:08 PM

used 8 for the NRGz newest Titanium ROM.

Seems to be working great.

chuggy 06-11-2011 06:01 PM

Can someone who has IPT set up tell me what the setting are in the "Missed Call" icon that links to call history. I added the Windows 7 theme, and can't seem to get the link back to call history.

Thanks

PPCFreak 06-11-2011 09:43 PM

I have IPT loaded currently.

On the PHONE icon, i have the following:
screen: -1
Icon: 0
Type: Missed Calls
Name: PHone
Image: Phone.png
Sound:
Execute: MSCProg
Parameters:
ExecuteAlt:
ParamsAlt:

Does this help?

chuggy 06-11-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 2114547)
I have IPT loaded currently.

On the PHONE icon, i have the following:
screen: -1
Icon: 0
Type: Missed Calls
Name: PHone
Image: Phone.png
Sound:
Execute: MSCProg
Parameters:
ExecuteAlt:
ParamsAlt:

Does this help?

Thanks for posting. I think i've got some other issues as well. Now I get an error that 'MSCProg' is not signed with a trusted certificate.

chuggy 06-12-2011 12:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So what i'm trying to do is link the missed call icon directly to call history. i've attached an EXE file that i found floating around and a shortcut. I copy the EXE to Program Files, and the link to the root folder.

In file explorer i can click the shortcut file and open up call history, but when i add an icon in IPT it doesnt do anything. I think this would be a great addition to IPT, but i can't seem to get it going. Anyone here want to take a stab at it?

blunij 06-12-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teradog (Post 2114235)
just take all 3 icons, settings & version then simply copy back to ipt prog dir from your sd after new flash

I have set my TP2 to my liking. If I want to replicate my settings on another TP2 phone, can I use these three files and copy them to the other phone?

teradog 06-14-2011 10:42 AM

You guys may also want to try:
I use wktask which is unreal once you learn it... It's not in any of the pics, in the blank top left & center area of your top taskbar it puts little icons of all running programs, simply tapping them, switches tasks to them... like NRG uses arkswitch, but takes WAY less memory, it's always visable & easy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 2114347)
I was having issues with weather updating using ipt weather....
the large clock on the screen would be nice too but having issues getting it setup correctly (is in the xda thread using the special icon method).

since I do mostly email on the phone, the extra space and speed is great. dont think I will go back to sense roms after being here.....the speed is just so much greater without sense and the bloatware (never really used much of the sense features anyway

1. IPT weather... I messed with it until it reminded me of cookie & sense, reflashed a new ROM & never looked at it again! PIA, didn't need the headache :>))
2. Large clock... try this: it's not real big, but larger by far than the top right clock... I set
TYPE: clock
IMAGE: blank.png (& it's way more readable)
I then set it to execute GAlarm upon a click (snooze & more alarms, etc)
Make it icon #3 or 4 so it always is in top right by other clock... (depending on width of your icons..)

** you have to setup clock for 12 hour in IPT Options, "Special Icons" tab on bottom, "type" pull down, clock
3. re. never go back... NEVER :>)) When's the last time you got a SOD? never now... I grew to hate the sense slider... reminded me of a country dance, tap, tap, slide... one or the other please.
Quote:

Originally Posted by chuggy (Post 2114504)
Can someone who has IPT set up tell me what the setting are in the "Missed Call" icon that links to call history. I added the Windows 7 theme, and can't seem to get the link back to call history.
Thanks

I dl'd your zip, unzipped & couldn't run the exe or the .lnk while in total commander (a file explorer). I say bad file.. gotta google or look in \windows dir... i'm satisfied with the windows call history I get when I hit the icon, if I need more detail from there, I hit menu (bottom right softkey), call history.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuggy (Post 2114571)
Thanks for posting. I think i've got some other issues as well. Now I get an error that 'MSCProg' is not signed with a trusted certificate.

Perhaps you forgot the : before it? :MSCProg (in the execute slot)

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunij (Post 2114664)
I have set my TP2 to my liking. If I want to replicate my settings on another TP2 phone, can I use these three files and copy them to the other phone?

well that's a loaded Q, click the HOW TO link in my sig & spend some time reading it... make time first, it's not a quick read....
short answer, yea for IPT only.., along with PIM backup & my sashimi/UC stuff

Oh yea, you need to get oldsap from XDA & make yourselfs a few of your quicklinks to call people, if you look at the 3pic on post 1 you'll see a womans face, I linked my wifes pic to her phone number, I press the icon & phone calls her. So, I put that file on my SD under
"storage card\backups\IPT stuff" (the icon always calls the lnk file from that directory, so I don't have to redo from rom to rom.

Also, gotta tell you... been spending most of my time on the XDAndroid side ... that stupid bird game's got me & I'm not a game player! (that is a MUST try if you haven't..)
Click the simple guide in my link. I'll break it down real quick.
1. Pull your SIM card out, Copy the froyo build onto your SD, expand (with 7zip cab into a directory \andboot (is a very popular dir & default on many..)
2. rename windows\startup, reboot tp2, run \andboot\haret right away, don't mess around in windows first. Let it build for 5 min (data.img file around 256 MB), you'll see flying droids, then a water screen saver... DON"T touch for another 5 min if you see this... it has to setup tons of android stuff. Then go have fun in market!
... if you don't see the flying droids after a couple min, resett with stylus, boot into windows, file explorer/total commander, delete the data.img file & redo step #2, it'll build the data.img file again (which IS your Android)
If you don't like, delete it all... easy, it doesn't touch your windows stuff, simply rename the startup dir back to startup (ren startup.bk startup)

I'm putting my main settings for IPT up on post #1 at the bottom... you may want to look..

PPCFreak 06-14-2011 02:07 PM

no SOD's since going to Titanium and IPT.

Did get the weather figured out and its kind of nice.

Calendar appointment view is the only remaining issue for me. would like to have the next calendar appointment show up on a few lines on the today screen.

PPCFreak 06-14-2011 02:09 PM

dl wktask (dec 12, 2009 the latest?).

will try that. Arkswitch does eat up a lot of memory for what it does.

blunij 06-14-2011 06:32 PM

Installed wktask and like its functionality. How does one keep the x off the clock in the right hand upper corner?

Edit: Figured it out. Go to preferences/design and don't use a skin.

teradog 06-15-2011 05:34 AM

i can get u all the settings i use for wktask as well if u want... yea, wktask hasnt been updated, no need, link in one of my sig links... i just MUST know if i have multiple windows running! also, to kill a task simply hold down on it & close, if stubborn, terminate.. (-activesync). i actually go into settings post flash, phone, time sync & turn it off! that way active sync doesnt pop on all the time (also in how to sig thread)
U can mess with off set of left & right edges & move the wktask bar where ever u want... example, when i use to use quickmenu startmenu, i pushed the wktaskbar over to the right a tad so the quickmenu icon was in the top left like it defaults to... i believe my right offset is 265, none on left now, cause i have left soft key pull up quick menu & left hard key (winkey) pull up NRG Panel menu... haha.. yea i use both!

wktask does a lot more, but i only use to see & switch tasks... i have the upper right corner with no x button (skin), but also have set up that even without x button, pressing on clock closes all apps!

re. WP7 theme, i ran it for a month, pretty cool, wife still has it on hers... i just like to load up screen with icons so i have 1 button push to everything i do most.. wp7 theme icons too big... had to scroll again.. for me..

speaking of calendar.. i believe that xda mskip wp7 theme has it display like u want...

re. weather: how many icons did u end up with...? :) seemed like 1/2 of the screen full...

re. calendar.. cant u get it on a lockscreen?
also, i switched & use the now free Pocket Informant, it plays perfect with MS but is a true heavy duty power app.. unreal.. i think powinmo linked it in the energy thread search 4 it. press the calendar icon & it replaces the windows one, use to be an expensive app... another must try imho.

post via tp2

PPCFreak 06-15-2011 06:57 AM

I am using the IPT Weather. Does take up 1/2 the screen when pressing the 1 weather icon...then pressing it again puts the icons back to normal apps. It auto updates the current weather on the 1 icon (stock install replaces the icon 0; I moved this in the setting to icon 4; top right icon).

I had SPB + Mskips themes once before. I liked some of the look and feel but seemed to be too heavy of a load on RAM from what I remember. Might give it another try at next flash.

I had PocketInformant at one time. Agree it was pretty pricey. Might give it a try again. ThumbApps Cal is pretty heavey on RAM but it does have all the items I am looking for in the calendar view (nice to color the appts on the view for a quick look at what items are coming up).

Lock screen does pull up the current appointment or next upcoming appointment. Would like to see that same text (would like to be able to pull up on text the current day + next day's events; but can live with baby steps first; current appointment and/or next appointment).

I was looking for a good wp7 theme to try but agree I don't care to swipe the screen a lot....the first screen on IPT has my most used programs without having to swipe; its very nice.

blunij 06-15-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teradog (Post 2115465)
i can get u all the settings i use for wktask as well if u want...

Would appreciate it if you could.

blunij 06-15-2011 10:23 AM

I have to say that Dream Phone II has given new likable life to my TP2!!
I have been monitoring my available RAM since going to PP 0 and have noted the following. I start off at about 126 and continue to have less available over time and use, even though I religiously close all open apps. It seems to settle in the 80s after a day or so. I have nothing being pushed.
Would this significantly change if I go with PP 8?

PPCFreak 06-15-2011 12:31 PM

I am running pp at 8 and am starting off at about 110 free...drops to the low 90's after full days use (close the apps but have outlook and thumbcal running in background).

teradog 06-15-2011 07:09 PM

PPCFreak: Would love to see you write up a very short, few step easy guide that'll install only 1 weather icon, that displays current temp. Seems like everytime, I get a 1/2 page of different icons that install by default, screwing up all my set icons... please. I haven't used for so long.. those are my recollections...
Quote:

Originally Posted by blunij (Post 2115495)
Would appreciate it if you could.

Wktask settings: (version 1.2.0.2)
General: only last one ck'd (hide the task list when no tasks), left edge 0, right, 250
General 2: nothing ck'd
Actions: close ok, close all, the last 3 I don't use
Skins: UNCK bx 1, CK #2 (reduce buffers)
Design: I ck 2nd box, & use a custom color that matches my background, trial & error
Launcher, nothing, don't use
Excludes: don't mess with
Bcklight: don't mess with
Startup: enable

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunij (Post 2115503)
... RAM since going to PP 0 and have noted the following. I start off at about 126 and continue to have less available over time and use, even though I religiously close all open apps. It seems to settle in the 80s after a day or so.
Would this significantly change if I go with PP 8?

This is exactly what I have, you must have:
1. nothing in your \windows\startup dir
2. Using a startmenu replacement (guessing either panel or compact (same as quickmenu)
Please confirm.
Re. pp of 8: Please reread my 1st post where I talk about page pools, yes... you should get roughly 140 MB of RAM to start..

IF NRG ever gets 29022 out & Opera is fixed, I'll try 8 myself. zero makes it dynamic RAM allocation in which Windows manages the RAM... taking an extra 20MB upfront to start, which makes menus, switching between them, switching between tasks, etc.. faster... however, as I've stated before, I believe over time, Windows keeps & doesn't give back all the RAM, exactly what you've noticed.

I feel with a set amount of 8 or 10, we shouldn't see the RAM in the low 90's after a day (high 80's in your case). Which is actually hilarious that I complain about 90 MB free after a couple days use!! LOL I remember some ROMs last summer dreaming & wishing about getting 70 ever! I think we could be seeing around 125-130 MB after a couple days use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 2115560)
I am running pp at 8 and am starting off at about 110 free...drops to the low 90's after full days use (close the apps but have outlook and thumbcal running in background).

These RAM numbers are way off so you must:
1. Not be running a startmenu replacement.
2. Or, have a ton of stuff you are running in your startup dir.
Please rename your \windows\startup dir & reboot for a test... you should be seeing around 140MB free if you are using both a different menu (non sense or cookie) & a different windows startmenu.
Please advise where you are losing 30 MB of RAM

PPCFreak 06-15-2011 09:41 PM

I will write up the IPT Weather install and config shortly.

On the RAM side, I did have a lot in the windows startup folder....forgot all about that part.
Just cleared it now and restarting.

Noticed I had Arkswitch, BlueTooth, quickmenu, iptweather, g-alarm, lockdevice and a couple of others.
Just rebooted and getting 120 on startup.

Only thing I notice missing is the lockdevice. will have to find the .exe and execute it manually at restart.....oh and overclock, I manually went in and configed the speed.

teradog 06-15-2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 2115714)
I will write up the IPT Weather install and config shortly.

On the RAM side, I did have a lot in the windows startup folder....forgot all about that part.
Just cleared it now and restarting.

Noticed I had Arkswitch, BlueTooth, quickmenu, iptweather, g-alarm, lockdevice and a couple of others.
Just rebooted and getting 120 on startup.

Only thing I notice missing is the lockdevice. will have to find the .exe and execute it manually at restart.....oh and overclock, I manually went in and configed the speed.

OK, that's better...

But, you're still WAY off!! I'm guessing 20 MB?? What startmenu are you using? quick? You're using Energy ROM... hmmm, you are running startmenu layout switch in settings & selecting "Compact"?

If so on all that, simply rename the entire startup directory for a test & then reboot.

The only thing I can think of is that you didn't hit the save button when you set your pagepool. Go into your page pool setup file, if you did, it should still have what you saved it as...

if I'm getting 150 with pp1, & pp is one to one, subtract 7 = 143.. I'd think 140 at least!

My 2 cents... get your max, then determine what you add back in only the top 3 for starters... reboot often & test, OCing shouldn't take any...

I'd say reflash.... something is WAY off..

PPCFreak 06-16-2011 07:00 AM

ahhh... good call on the PP.

Just opened it up again to check it is saying it is set to 19.

Confirmed 8 setting now and reflashing.

Am using QuickMenu....

teradog 06-16-2011 11:08 AM

Great! at least it's found... you'll still probably be about 9 short of what you should get (guessing 131 MB on your new flash.. post startmenu replacement...), would like to have a RAM number from a renamed \windows\startup dir & reboot if you would please.

"you are running startmenu layout switch in settings & selecting "Compact"?"
The reason I asked the above question, is that if you simply add quick menu to the existing ROM setup, I don't believe it releases the RAM taken by Windows Startmenu (winkey). You either need to run NRG's startmenu replacement utility in his ROM OR the cab I linked in the first post.

The only reason I bring this up again is that a. you didn't answer, b. you said "Quickmenu" instead of Compact.. most simply call it compact if called from NRG's utility...

Would also be interesting to see your opinion of 19 vs 8 flash, since you are running the exact same ROM back to back... typically one is flashing a newer & different ROM (often with a newer OS).. It'll be a tad slower on the menus, but probably not enough to barely notice...??

PPCFreak 06-16-2011 02:15 PM

I used NRG's util to switch out the start menu.
Starting with 132.7 at fresh reboot with cleared windows\startup.

having issues now getting the coped over aygshell.dll and shell32.exe to overwrite the ones in ROM. Didn't have this issue on first flash.

Have the edited ones setting on \Temp directory as it didnt work first time going from SDCard to Windows directory.

Installed currently:
IPT
IPTWeather (will do a write up in the coming days on this one)
Thumbcal
G-Alarm
Coreplayer
(those installed to internal storage)

Never Mind on the two files to overwrite. they were overwriting fine just that I forgot to clear out the two thems: Taskbar and Softkeybar theme.

teradog 06-17-2011 10:19 AM

Little tip that I do, someone may find helpful: I make myself separate directories on the SD under backups\IPT called wallpaper, in that dir are about 6 different directories, already containing the renamed files of my top 6 favorite wallpapers/backgrounds. When I want a new background, simply copy the files into the \windows directory.

PPCFreak: 133 MB RAM with pp of 8 right?? (& replacement startmenu & IPT)
You're still about 7 MB off from my testing. Must be some automated stuff you have running in IPT. Would be interesting if u would do a 30 second test.

Go uncheck IPT in settings/home/>> (items), reboot & ck your RAM (progRAM memory for those that don't know) & see what you have on a fresh boot with a renamed \windows\startup AND IPT unchecked (yes you'll have a blank today screen), just use the winkey.. thanks

Make sure wifi isn't on & if you want a little trick, put phone into airplane mode & try again.. You should be able to hit 140 MB with a pp of 8.

blunij 06-17-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teradog (Post 2115679)
This is exactly what I have, you must have:
1. nothing in your \windows\startup dir
2. Using a startmenu replacement (guessing either panel or compact (same as quickmenu)
Please confirm.
Re. pp of 8: Please reread my 1st post where I talk about page pools, yes... you should get roughly 140 MB of RAM to start..

Sorry for the late reply...was out of town.
The only things in my startup are intercept.exe which seems to be a file in Windows and wktask which I have recently added and love for keeping apps closed. I am using Panel. Yes, it seems that Windows keeps holding on to some RAM as time goes by. I am currently looking at 75 available with nothing running! I might change to PP 8 or 10. Thanks for all your great advice!!!

PPCFreak 06-17-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teradog (Post 2116232)
PPCFreak: 133 MB RAM with pp of 8 right?? (& replacement startmenu & IPT)
You're still about 7 MB off from my testing. Must be some automated stuff you have running in IPT. Would be interesting if u would do a 30 second test.

Go uncheck IPT in settings/home/>> (items), reboot & ck your RAM (progRAM memory for those that don't know) & see what you have on a fresh boot with a renamed \windows\startup AND IPT unchecked (yes you'll have a blank today screen), just use the winkey.. thanks

Make sure wifi isn't on & if you want a little trick, put phone into airplane mode & try again.. You should be able to hit 140 MB with a pp of 8.

Fresh Reboot with IPT unchecked: 131
The one thing I am wondering is with ActiveSync doing push email, calendar and tasks from my work, is that causing the low numbers?

Also, when I start fresh I have the circle on the bottom right with the down arrow. Looks like arkswitch is still trying to run automatically.

I plan to hardreset again and see without running any cabs and see what the memory is...I agree I should be in the 140's or high 130's easily.
I uninstalled ThumbCal and am going to uninstall G-Alarm to see if it's causing the memory issues.

PPCFreak 06-18-2011 12:21 PM

10 Attachment(s)
IPTWeahter write up:
1. Install IPTWeather_20110511.cab Click here to get latest.
2. Download an Icon Pack (from link above). Unzip the pack you choose to the IPTWeather directory where you installed IPTWeather (recommended to install to Device memory rather then Storage Card)
3. Configure IPTWeather
To configure, go to Start -> IPTWeather -> Click on IPTWeather Config (see screenshot 4). Should not need to choose Custom Settings
Choose General Settings (seen screenshot 5)
Screenshot 6 shows the General Settings page.
Click on IPTWconvertTimeFormat and click OK. In next screen, choose 0 or 1 depending on if you want to see 12hr or 24hr time format. Choose one and click OK at bottom. Click OK on the popup box.
Click on IPTWaccuWeatherMetric and click OK. In next screen, choose 0 or 1 depending on how you want to display the temps (F or C). Choose one and click OK at bottom. Click OK on the popup box.
Click on IPTWaccuWeatherLocation and click OK.
Screenshot 8 shows the LocationConfig screen.
Click Search for a new location code and click OK. (see screenshot 12)
Type in City, ST combination or location code to find the nearest AccuWeather city, state in there database (it will show the city, state with zipcode). Click OK at the bottom.
Can choose Remove a location from favorites to limit the list to only the cities you want. Will bring up a box with list of currently entered Location Favorites. Click on one and choose OK to remove it from list (will get a popup box to confirm the removal).
NOTE: I have never gotten Use My Location or Use Google Latitude to work in getting my current GPS position to send to AccuWeather for the location and weather lookup
NOTE: Use My Location is an add-on you can get from the link listed at top of this post. WARNING: it has been noted that the My Location program does not work with CDMA devices. Reported to work with GSM devices just fine.
Click OK at bottom to get back to General Settings screen.
Click on IPTWmondayText and click OK at bottom. This will allow you to change the Day names to your language.
Do the same for tuesday, wednesday, etc.
Click OK to get back to IPTWeather setting screen.
Choose iPhoneToday settings and click OK at the bottom.
Defaults will work just fine but this is the screen you can adjust where the IPTWeather Icons show up on IPT.
I currently have 5 icons per ROW so I adjust the IPTWforecastStartIcon to 5 so that the current days forcast shows up on the first ICON on the 2nd ROW.
You can also adjust IPTWcurrentWatherIcon from 0 to where ever you want to see it on your screen (currently, the default is 0 which makes it show up at as the 1st Icon on the top right of the IPTHomeScreen).
Can also adjust IPTWcurrentweatherpage to move the current weather to a different page. Default is 0 so it shows on the default screen.
The rest I leave as default values.
Click OK on each of the next two screens to get you back to your HOME screen.
If all is done correct, you should have a weather ICON on your home screen (if you left the default values, you should see it as ICON 0, first icon on your home screen; top left).
On that ICON, you need to Click and HOLD on it and choose EDIT ICON.
You will need to change the Execute: to \Program Files\IPTWeather\iPhoneTodayAccuWeather.mscr (click the ... button and navigate to that .mscr file). This allows the switching of the icons on the main screen to show the 5 days worth of weather.

On the IPTHome screen, you will need to have at least 16 icons on the screen where you have the IPTWeather Icon (on my screenshots, since I am showing 5 icons per row, I adjusted the IPTforecastStartIcon to 5 to show it as the first icon on the 2nd row).

If all is set correctly, clicking on the current weather icon (icon #0; first icon on top row) it should switch the icons below (2nd and 3rd row icons) to the next days weather as provided by AccuWeather feed.

NOTE: In order to see the temps (## (##)) you must leave the text turned on in the IPT mainscreen settings. Without the Text, you will only see the weather Icon and not the actual temps.
Current Temp is ## with the feels like in the (##).

Screenshots from my setup:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25712539/ScreenShot20.Png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25712539/ScreenShot19.Png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25712539/ScreenShot18.Png

blunij 06-18-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 2116601)
NOTE: I have never gotten Use My Location or Use Google Latitude to work in getting my current GPS position to send to AccuWeather for the location and weather lookup

Try running QuickGPS as it expires every few days.

PPCFreak 06-18-2011 01:43 PM

quickgps didn't help.

I use a mortscript to pull down the latest for quickgps every seven days.

Am trying the google latitude route with iptweather now.

Will report back the results.

EDIT: Trying google latitude again to see if I get better results this time.

PPCFreak 06-18-2011 03:36 PM

still no luck with Google Latitude.....My Location from IPT does not support CDMA so guess its just favorite cities for now.

Will see about working on correcting this or building another method for getting the lat long to the registry keys (which is what IPTWeather is needing to do the AccuWeather lookup).

rbyham 06-19-2011 10:06 PM

Just curious about a couple of things... (1) why since using IPT do I have to respond to a notification in order to actually send an MMS? and (2) how do I get the clock icon to give me regular rather than military time? Otherwise thanks for what has worked really well for me...

PPCFreak 06-20-2011 07:02 AM

@rbyham:
1. not sure why you are having to respond to the notification to send. I think this is done via settings but I cannot find where it is at. I am on Verizon and not having to respond to send the MMS.
2. Go to 3rd page and click on Options (or tap and hold on a blank area on IPT and select Options). Go to the Special Icons tab. select Type Clock. Check the box for 12 hours format. Hit Ok and Yes to save changes.
By default, this is unchecked.

PPCFreak 06-20-2011 07:06 AM

Update on My Location/Google Latitude:
Still cannot get either to populate the Lat Long registry keys for AccuWeather location lookup.
I have a mortscript I am testing this week that does 2 things:
1. Open up a GPS Tool (hidden window) to open up the GPS port
2. Run a command line Lat Long statement to update the lat long in IPTWeather registry values. This right now is code for every 2 hours.

Once I run it for a week and verify it works as well as I hope, will change the update frequency to a user configurable value.

Still liking the IPTWeather for the quick glance at current weather and 5 day forecast (Both am and pm forecasts).

rbyham 06-20-2011 09:47 AM

PPCFreak thanks. Got the clock fixed. Will check out the MMS thing. I too am on vzw... strange. must be a setting somewhere.

PPCFreak 06-20-2011 04:28 PM

One thing to add to the mix on the maximum ram savings. Make sure you set the phone canvas to NOT use the HTCPhonecanvas dll file. HUGE savings when doing this.

Registry value found here:
HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin\
Key: Enabled
Value: 0
(originally set to 1).
Saves me about 15mb.

This does put you back to the Stock WM6.5 style Dialer which is very plain jane but if its really RAM your looking for, this is a must.
One bug right now is with the background image with the smartdialer (I belive this is the where the issue is).
Since the background image is all white and the text is all white, you cannot see the numbers come up as you start dialing. The values do pull up cause if you start dialing, then click in that 'smart dialer' area you will get the first contact that it is filtering for.

Will play around with the image back ground (believe it is stored in the registry settings) to get a grey colored back ground so the white text shows up.

teradog 06-21-2011 04:06 PM

re. phone dialer... RIGHT YOU ARE!
From the 1st post:

Just for fun, I'd like to see someone post one with more! (and a few other tiny tricks, post if you want them)
*edit* Look at this post... #12 (& you can beat 150MB!

So there you go, challenge issued.. you've been flashing a bunch lately, post us up a ROM WITH the stock dialer, I would LOVE to see a screen shot of 160MB!! :>))

Also, on the last page I still see 1/2 a page of weather icons in your how to short version... (thanks btw). Where exactly is that 1/2 page of weather icons on IPT? Would that be in Screen 1, 2 or 3?

I don't want them at all... only the temp one.

PPCFreak 06-21-2011 07:35 PM

Half page of weather icons only shows up if you edit the icon click event to run the Accuweather mortscript. Running that then changes the icons and text for the 10 icons to the weather icon and the text to the forecasted temps for the day.
Then you click on the first icon again and it basically restores your previous icons.

if you only one that 1 icon (current weather), don't update the icon for when you click it.

Doing this would then leave the icon 0 (first Icon if using the default install) as the icon with current weather (again, have to have the text displayed for each Icon.

It will then do nothing on click....or you could link it to Accuweather.com website?

blunij 07-03-2011 05:44 PM

Hey Teradog! Have you updated to 29022? Have you tried Pagepool of 8-12? Any comments?