PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Brutus3200 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Storage Memory Low

I have an HTC Touch Pro 2 from sprint. I am now getting storage memory critcally low. I cant text or send emails anymore. It says I have 90KB of 289 MB. I have talked to people from sprint for over 3 hours and they couldnt figure it out. I belive my phone is downloading every email i read. I cant seem to find where they are in file explorer thru phone or computer. Every time I go to hit something the error comes up. I have done what some have said for the HTC Diamond and nothing works. I cant figure out what else would be making the phone be out of memory. Please help. if anyone knows how to clear all old emails stored on phone? Or if its something else thats taking up 200+ meg? I am using an email from road runner thru outlook, if that helps. My friend had the palm pre and had the same problem, but somehow found the folder with all the emails and freed up 80% of the storage. I dont snap many pictures, or even use internet much. I mainly use the phone for talking and email. Thanks Mike
Old 04-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: Storage Memory Low

Wow.... that sounds frustrating! Using your file explorer, navigate to the root of your device. How large are your Pim.vol, and cemail.vol files?

Old 04-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

try this. open file explorer and goto application data>HTC>HTC ALBUM>cache and delete those large files in there.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:33 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Do you have lots of old texts and email attachments stored in main device memory? You can specify that your attachments will download to your storage card. Open messaging and click on menu softkey then options then Clear Deleted Items.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Super genious in training

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

If your on stock ROM , shame on you lol . Such a memory guzzler . But seems tinkerbell , horn(y)doctor and eric nailed it . Delete your texts and emails .
Old 04-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Brutus3200 is a n00b

I did everything you guys said with the sprint tech. I was on phone for 4 hours yesterday. I deleted all cache and that freed up about 10 meg. Thats the thing, where do you find old emails with all attatchments stored? I cant find them? I let the sprint guy go thru letmein and search on file explorer as well and he couldnt find them. When you add up all the folders on the phone its only 23 meg. So where is the other 266 meg being stored? We couldnt figure it out so I had to do a hard reset. I did have all the message and attatchments going to sdcard. Now for some reason after hard reset I cannot get my email to load on phone. I typed in the account and password like before and it never sends or receives anything.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:00 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus3200
I did everything you guys said with the sprint tech. I was on phone for 4 hours yesterday. I deleted all cache and that freed up about 10 meg. Thats the thing, where do you find old emails with all attatchments stored? I cant find them? I let the sprint guy go thru letmein and search on file explorer as well and he couldnt find them. When you add up all the folders on the phone its only 23 meg. So where is the other 266 meg being stored? We couldnt figure it out so I had to do a hard reset. I did have all the message and attatchments going to sdcard. Now for some reason after hard reset I cannot get my email to load on phone. I typed in the account and password like before and it never sends or receives anything.
That's odd.
Soft reset and try to set up email again or run Clear Storage/Hard Reset once more then try.
If you are using the shipped 6.5 rom I'd say unlock and flash a better choice anyway.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The TP2 doesn't have as much storage memory as most newer devices, but it is plenty for most of us. If you've gotten that low memory error, you must've gone a very long time without a hard reset. Stop by the "CDMA Upgrades" subforum here and you'll be hard-resetting every couple of days.

Conversely, I would recommend the following steps if/when you do get the same problem:

1. Delete picturemail nonense. I cannot confirm that the stock rom stores them here, but I would delete everything under My Documents\UAContents. This is where all the sent and received pictures are stored as data files. I typically save the save-worthy pictures to my storage card, and have this directory wiped weekly.

2. Move personal non-default items from Internal Memory\My Documents to Storage Card\My Documents. This includes your pictures, notes, recordings, documents, wallpapers, etc.. Things like templates don't take much memory at all and you may as well leave them there.

3. For temporary relief, delete the HTC Album cache. On my phone, this is about 10MB of data. It is located in Application Data\HTC\HTC Album\cache

4. Go through your Program Files directories and see which application or game is storing unneccessary large files. Make a note of which programs you're not using and uninstall them if you are able.

5. Delete and re-create your email accounts. Before synchronizing, ensure that each account stores attachments to the storage card (in settings). As a sidenote, I'm not sure why you're unable to send/receive after the hard reset... maybe your ISP requires toggling SSL in order to connect.

6. Regular maintenance. Delete stuff manually, spend the time to make a custom script to delete things, or just use Clear Temp every once in a while: Downloads - Windows Mobile Pocket PC - ClearTemp

As horndoctor said, I would seriously consider a different rom. A rom with the WM6.5 Start Menu removed and processor overclocked will make it like a totally different phone. If you're attached to the stock one, post up specifics about your email issue and we'll try to help.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I would stay with low memory on that stock 6.5 rom, I guess it just bloats itself up like that over time just like it does with the RAM. so I would strongly consider using either the stock 6.1 rom or a cooked rom like vins neodium or lead rom
Old 04-13-2011, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

Stock 6,1 ROM has a lot more memory free. I started with 140MB+ storage memory. Maybe more. I'm down to 89MB. And I have no idea where it went. Maybe it stores something in the Windows folder. Shrugs. There's lots of files in there.

Talk about LOW memory. You are lucky you don't have a Motorola Q phone. Those damn buggers came stock with almost no memory...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2