PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

themaster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Internet Sharing?

I haven't heard of caps being enforced on phones.. my plan SERO (sprint) has unlimited data for the phone or for "tethering"

I'm at about 2+ Gb myself.. traveling/downloading etc.

My new rom is crashing a lot.. seems kind of pissy on decent throughput too.. I'm not sure if sprint is overloaded in the area I'm in.. or it's the rom..

Plan on either switching back to my old mightyrom or trying one more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
Not sure if it's just me, but is anyone else having problems establishing a connection today, either by a) stock Internet Sharing app or b) HTC's wifi sharing app

I noticed my sprint TouchPro2 is jumping from EV to 1X and when trying both methods to establish a connection to my laptop to read my email, it simply says "no internet access"

I sparingly use this connection for easier readability on my laptop, but as of today, It's not working as it was. Anyone else have this problem today on Sprint?
Next time you have 1x/EV problems.. try this..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/107807-need-enable-toggle-1x-only-mode-3.html#post2076977

Last edited by themaster; 04-21-2011 at 05:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey themaster, good looking out, I took a look at the thread and will keep it in mind whenever and if ever I am having to need to switch/force modes on my device, who knows it might come in handy one of these days.

I'll send you a PM and/or post a thread for when my public test ROM goes live if/when you want to try it out. Right now just sorting out some new updates on it and polishing it aswell as removing some tools/software I use to gauage performance, email templates for my personal accounts and things like that. Have a good day
Old 04-22-2011, 04:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

themaster is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
Hey themaster, good looking out, I took a look at the thread and will keep it in mind whenever and if ever I am having to need to switch/force modes on my device, who knows it might come in handy one of these days.

I'll send you a PM and/or post a thread for when my public test ROM goes live if/when you want to try it out. Right now just sorting out some new updates on it and polishing it aswell as removing some tools/software I use to gauage performance, email templates for my personal accounts and things like that. Have a good day
Does your rom actually yah know.. connect to the internet with USB to PC as the default? Without that 5 second what would you like to launch prompt?

Yah, know cause that's why I started this whole thread
Old 04-24-2011, 05:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

themaster is a n00b

Wow I just put on my old rom.. 03-2010

Mightyrom.. and now the internet sharing works like a charm.. no 5+ second delay.. just plugs in and goes.. wow.. I did miss that..

I'm gonna miss those new front buttons that these new 6.5.x? rom's provide.. but wow.. just how nice to see one thing that's supposed work.. work!

This rom has a few bugs in it.. but gonna try testing me old rom.. before I got into updating and just created this whole mess...

Since I believe the 5+ second prompt problem was caused by I think 6.5.1? or something.. anyone tell me what version the 3-2010 is..? I might consider like using one of vin's old rom's from that time or maybe lead..
Old 04-28-2011, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

themaster is a n00b

I just wanted to say been pretty happy with my old rom..

It may not be a big deal to most of you to just plug-in your phone and get "internet sharing" going as fast as possible.. but it is to me.. that 5+ seconds is a killer to me..

what I know is.. it takes make 30-45 seconds to boot my laptop.. than to get internet it takes 5-10 seconds really (for the existing internet sharing I have)

Now with the rom's you use (which seem to have USB to PC broken) without you clicking that done button everytime.. it really takes you 10-20 seconds.. to get on the net..

If anyone knows of any of these modern rom's that does immediately launch "Internet Sharing" likes it's supposed to.. please update my thread.. I'd be happy to move from my year+ old rom (has some bugs) and at least try something out..

I think the gps problems I had with vin's etc. were actually just me.. I forgot to go into google maps and "enable" gps.. stupidly I think it should enabled by default (but I assume it's not because of the licensing agreement)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2