PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Can I make my HTC TP2 a Tmobile phone with no issues? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142259)

TheKid1 03-28-2011 11:29 PM

Can I make my HTC TP2 a Tmobile phone with no issues?

I stopped at the cell phone store and possibly might switch to a different carrier. Right now I pay total with tax $123/month for Simply everything plan by sprint which is rediculous. This guy is offering unlimited talk/text/internet for $60/month including tax. He said I need to switch to a Tmobile phone though. I don't want a Tmobile phone though especially after all the work it took to get the new ROM on my phone and now I like it again. The guy said he can do something to unlock the SIM and make it work with TMobile but there will be an 80% chance the internet will not work if I use my phone.

What do you guys think?
Can this be done so the internet works?
Anything I can do at home first or what?

If yes to questions 1,2,3, will my phone function the way it does now?

darren.wlsn1 03-29-2011 12:07 AM

Re: Can I make my HTC TP2 a Tmobile phone with no issues?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...-t-mobile.html

horndoctor 03-29-2011 01:30 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I wouldn't do it with the Sprint Model because you can get it working but you won't get 3g data just edge.
My advice is try to buy a SERO plan from someone and do a Transfer Of Liability which will save you a lot or activate your phone on Boost Mobile which will allow you to use Sprint's Towers but pay Boost for your service which will be less. ;)

TheKid1 03-29-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2075543)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I wouldn't do it with the Sprint Model because you can get it working but you won't get 3g data just edge.
My advice is try to buy a SERO plan from someone and do a Transfer Of Liability which will save you a lot or activate your phone on Boost Mobile which will allow you to use Sprint's Towers but pay Boost for your service which will be less. ;)

Doesn't T-Mobile get 3g and 4g? The guy says I'll get 3g with the TP2, how will I know?

Dr.8820 03-29-2011 12:35 PM

The tp2 will get 3g in certain countries, but not in north America....and it absolutely will not get 4g, period.

Sent from my XDA-ified 32GB HD7 using Board Express

yankees45us 03-29-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKid1 (Post 2075481)
I stopped at the cell phone store and possibly might switch to a different carrier. Right now I pay total with tax $123/month for Simply everything plan by sprint which is rediculous. This guy is offering unlimited talk/text/internet for $60/month including tax. He said I need to switch to a Tmobile phone though. I don't want a Tmobile phone though especially after all the work it took to get the new ROM on my phone and now I like it again. The guy said he can do something to unlock the SIM and make it work with TMobile but there will be an 80% chance the internet will not work if I use my phone.

What do you guys think?
Can this be done so the internet works?
Anything I can do at home first or what?

If yes to questions 1,2,3, will my phone function the way it does now?

My question is, what everything plan do you have that is $123/month. Is it a single line or family plan? What is the break down of charges? My friend has the single ev plan and with tax and insurance he only pays around $95.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

TheKid1 03-29-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankees45us (Post 2075719)
My question is, what everything plan do you have that is $123/month. Is it a single line or family plan? What is the break down of charges? My friend has the single ev plan and with tax and insurance he only pays around $95.

I have the $99 simply everything plan. But about $23 taxes and fees.

Why can't the TP2 get 3g in north america?

yankees45us 03-29-2011 02:02 PM

Got it. Thats why. What plan can you get for $60 that offers the same thing? Thats crazy.
The reason the sprint tp2 can't do 3g on tmobile is because they are 2 different technologies. Gsm and cdma. You are able to flash the tp2 to work on tmo though since it is sim unlocked but like someone said already it will only use edge which is slow because the gsm frequency on the tp2 won't work on the 3g frequency of tmo. I think thats why. I'm sure someone else here can explain it better.

TheKid1 03-29-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankees45us (Post 2075737)
Got it. Thats why. What plan can you get for $60 that offers the same thing? Thats crazy.
The reason the sprint tp2 can't do 3g on tmobile is because they are 2 different technologies. Gsm and cdma. You are able to flash the tp2 to work on tmo though since it is sim unlocked but like someone said already it will only use edge which is slow because the gsm frequency on the tp2 won't work on the 3g frequency of tmo. I think thats why. I'm sure someone else here can explain it better.

I'm really not sure what it's all about. $60 unlimited talk/text/web. It's some new store around the corner. $60 flat fee prepaid no contract. He said I'll be able to use 3g. He said they use verizons towers or something like that. But he said I'll be using tmobile/att&t network. Idk it's weird.

Now i'm not sure if it makes difference whether i install a ROM before or after this guy unlocks the SIM. Oh and this guy swears that I'll be getting 3g because tmobile/att&t gets 3g and 4g. He seems like an hones guy. IDK what to think though.

Oh and maybe you can help: what's up with this SD formatting program. I dowloaded it to my pc but it doesn't seem to do anything when I click setup.....do I download it to my phone?

Dr.8820 03-29-2011 02:46 PM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

I know the numbers are wrong, but I'll give you an example...let's say ATT uses band 1900mhz for 3g, tmobile uses 1700mhz for 3g...the tp2 uses 2100mhz for 3g, you would only get 3g in a country using that frequency. I can't see your info in mobile mode...the only way to SIM unlock for free is if it's a Verizon tp2...otherwise you have to buy the SIM unlocker.