PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint Touch Pro 2 still tops (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141901)

kwatcha 03-19-2011 07:16 PM

Sprint Touch Pro 2 still tops

Evo Shift full price $399.00
Evo full price $449.00
Samsung Epic full price $499.00
Touch Pro 2 $449.00

gTen 03-19-2011 07:31 PM

Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 still tops

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwatcha (Post 2070747)
Evo Shift full price $399.00
Evo full price $449.00
Samsung Epic full price $499.00
Touch Pro 2 $449.00

Well TP2 is a Global Phone and best phone you can use on old plans...

oh and you missed one..

Motorola ES400 full price $899.99 >.>

kwatcha 03-20-2011 12:14 PM

My bad...I missed it.
What I like about my TP2 is that when I am overseas I just slip in a local sim card and I can use my phone...just that simple. Friend of mine has his iPhone and overseas it's basically a door stop....haha

gTen 03-20-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwatcha (Post 2070960)
My bad...I missed it.
What I like about my TP2 is that when I am overseas I just slip in a local sim card and I can use my phone...just that simple. Friend of mine has his iPhone and overseas it's basically a door stop....haha

Motorola ES400 can do overseas too..

Sprint - Define Region

But overall sprint does need more CDMA/GSM hybrid phones :/

chardog 03-20-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwatcha (Post 2070960)
My bad...I missed it.

Iphone Can be used overseas... jailbreak

vonnieglen 03-20-2011 08:55 PM

They can be had for considerably less on Ebay. I purchased two in January neither of them had a mark on them both activated with no problems and work perfectly. I paid $100 for a bare one with shipping and $150 for the other which came with the original box, manual, sim card, headset, extra battery and charger. I paid an additional $10 for a Sprint sim card for the first one.

I know they don't have as much processing power as the newer android phones, but as was stated earlier... it's the best phone we could get and still keep our old plan. We already had a Windows Mobile phone for several years, so it was also a very easy transition.

They tried very hard at the Sprint Store to talk us into new phones and a new plan, even going so far as to tell us that the Touch Pro 2s were junk and referred us to the Sprint Store wbsite where there were many negative remarks. I almost think some of the negative feedback on the Sprint Website about the TP2 is planted. I am suprised they still are available through Sprint.

Fortunately, we picked them up before the new $10 surcharge came into effect. We couldn't be happier with our two Touch Pro 2s.

elcapo24682 03-21-2011 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chardog (Post 2071050)
Iphone Can be used overseas... jailbreak

don't have to jailbreak the tp2 to use overseas and neither do u have to for the upcoming vzw HTC trophy. So I hope u understand how ludicrous ur point is.

quick99si 03-21-2011 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elcapo24682 (Post 2071350)
don't have to jailbreak the tp2 to use overseas and neither do u have to for the upcoming vzw HTC trophy. So I hope u understand how ludicrous ur point is.

Some people, including myself, will argue that you have to unlock, flash, and overclock the TP2 in order to use, use it. I recently went back to the stock 528mhz and I've been punching babies out of anger ever since. It has also led to poor performance in the sack.

As far as prices indicating the phone's awesomeness, head over to eBay/craigslist and take a look at the median price for an excellent condition TP2 and excellent condition Epic.

yankees45us 03-21-2011 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quick99si (Post 2071354)
Some people, including myself, will argue that you have to unlock, flash, and overclock the TP2 in order to use, use it. I recently went back to the stock 528mhz and I've been punching babies out of anger ever since. It has also led to poor performance in the sack.

As far as prices indicating the phone's awesomeness, head over to eBay/craigslist and take a look at the median price for an excellent condition TP2 and excellent condition Epic.

Yes, you may have to unlock it to make it work bettet but it's not that hard. Having to unlock it and install your own rom is not a bad thing. In fact most people do it just to do it. Plus it doesn't really matter, most tp2s are over the manufacturer warranty so unlocking it is not going to hurt anything. I still think the tp2 is a great phone not to mention you can keep it on sero without the $10 fee and it is sim unlocked which beats most phones out there due to that fact.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

quick99si 03-21-2011 09:12 AM

On a semi-related note, I am very interested in purchasing full body protection for my smartphone. Please PM me to discuss the best solution.

Thank you kindly.