PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 09:19 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP2, 3G new fees, forced new plans, no grandfather, no upgrade path

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
I disagree on the legality issue. the core of the law if to commit a fraud theft or damage to network.

none of that happens when you close a phone you own to a phone you own to a network account you lawfully pay for using a phone that is ...
mean you will see me doing it though since I don't have the deep pockets to test those waters but I believe to 99.9% certainty no one would see "jail time" without "intent to harm" being in the equation.
ie your phone to your phone on your account not trying to defraud.
I think we're all pretty much on the same page, gTen is probably about the coolest moderator here. Please chill a bit... he's being nice... have you read the 3rd link, step IV in post 1 yet?

Please read it: PPCGeeks discussion You're kinda regurgitating it... really don't want to go down that road with this thread.. Specifically pages 3, 4 & 5... post #44 to be specific... #44 look familiar?

You've got some great points... I think your point is noted.. thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Teradog,
I feel your pain my friend. I've been with Sprint for close to 15 years. I called Cust service back in October to get some pic mail charges deleted since we don't use Pic mail and was told that I wasn on an "obsolete" plan and needed to change it. Used to be fair and flex 700 family with a 25% corporate discount. The rep told me that I had to upgrade to a current plan and agree to a new 2 year contract - and be put in the "cue" for Sprint Premier" (LOL what a flippin joke!). Since I didn'd HAV...
ound and start sticking people. Might be time to open up some of thos old wounds and let the blood flow from sprint again. Money talks...and if it starts to walk again, maybe they will think twice about screwing their "loyal" customers again.

Damn, my head hurts now...haven't ranted like that in a while...

Oh, BTW, I still love my TP2.

David
LOL! Hey Dave.. time off studies huh? Just added your link to E faq under important links...
Yep, Sprint system says 1998 for me, but that's when they redid systems, think it had to do with Worldcom... really my start is 1995... The original Motorola Flip phone! LOL

I never let'm touch my plan, never! Every time over the last 10 years, I end up spending hours on the phone with retention getting all my stuff back, act. serv. agents lying to me, assuring me the discounts they are applying will NEVER expire... (yea, just like the guaranteed % discount you just dropped off my plan without any notification!)

If you are out of contract, you are in control! (I know you know that, but sometimes you're too nice).. they are dying to get you back in a contract & won't dare change anything without your permission so they don't loose you! (unless they can talk you into it... lol)

Yep, by far the biggest rant I've ever seen from you!! :>))
We even got gTen going earlier!!

BTW, it's a no no to duplicate posts.. but this from another thread I post in seems real relevant:
Sprint to Throttle Data"Sprint on the other hand is not ready to lose any customers after such a decision so instead of canceling the unlimited data plans they’re going to simply throttle it. In other words once you reach a certain traffic limit, which remains unknown for now, you’ll either have to pay for using the same speed when browsing the web on the go or you’ll have to settle for crappy web surfing speeds.

Added to bottom of post #1

Last edited by teradog; 03-10-2011 at 10:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mytouch
Carrier: tmobile

conejopr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

69.99 is only mobile to mobile and the new plan is 79.99 no 4g extra and unlimited 100% is not bad i think
Old 06-14-2011, 12:08 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by conejopr View Post
69.99 is only mobile to mobile and the new plan is 79.99 no 4g extra and unlimited 100% is not bad i think
lol.. they finally just included the fee in the price? :>)) which is/was one of the points of this thread... and the process, lack of notification, charging 4g fees for new 3g phones, etc.., etc..

Now, how much for 2 phones? $160? Or, how about 3, with all the data, etc, on each..? Mine is not SERO, 2 phones & $55 bucks total... 2 phones, everything included... The way it's been for the last few years...

I can't ever buy another phone (even 3 G... another point) :>))

Last edited by teradog; 06-14-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:41 PM
N00b

conejopr is a n00b

i have 3 cell 20% target enploy off 2 ell 3g one 4g i pai $160
Old 06-15-2011, 05:21 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

For the rest of us that dont get 20% off, thats a hair under $200 and 2 of them only 3G?? Over $200 with UAC, guessing $225 is what u write a ck for with all fees, etc.. Not totally the point of the thread, but i still think thats a lot of money!

I use to be able to able to add a phone to my plan for 15 years for $10, so thats 65$ ish, $150 a month more... or very roughly... $1,800 a year more... ahhh thats a serious chunk of change!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
N00b

conejopr is a n00b

THE ONLY THIN U HAVE TO DO HASC THE ENPLOY # TARGET ORE DISNNY AND U HAVE 20 % OFF
Old 06-21-2011, 04:00 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by conejopr View Post
THE ONLY THIN U HAVE TO DO HASC THE ENPLOY # TARGET ORE DISNNY AND U HAVE 20 % OFF
true, but in this case 20% off is still over 50% more... no thanks
Old 06-23-2011, 10:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Azrial is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Azrial

My Advice is to do what I do, when talking to Sales Reps or Retention I always record the call, for "customer service." I recently got into a big row over what I was promised, vs what they planned to deliver. This was my saving grace, as I was prepared to take them to small claims court here in Georgia. Remember, the contract is two-way and mutually binding. That said, I am no lawyer, but it worked for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

DeputyStankus is just getting started

As you know from the other thread, I'm going through a similar exercise right now. What a joke! I'll never understand why companies decide to treat their most loyal customers like dirt.

Plus, the resulting conversations are mind-numbing:

Me, calling Sprint from my TP2: Hi, I'd like to renew my contract and upgrade to a new smartphone.

Sprint: Your current plan doesn't support smartphones.

Me: But I'm on a smartphone right now...

Sprint: No, you can't be.

Me: I am, it's a Touch Pro 2. I bought it from your website, in the "smartphones section."

Sprint: If it's on your current plan, it can't be a smartphone.

Me: *boom* (head exploding)
Old 07-22-2011, 06:08 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

Ha! you made it over here & through the posts... :>))
Started this thread way back in March... you need to go to retentions & ask
why there is no upgrade for a long time Sprint loyal customer?
What is the next phone I can buy and keep the same plan that is better than my tp2
What do you mean there is none?
Well I certainly expect to be able to put another tp2 on my plan!

Be polite & very wordy with lots of technical detail to retentions... say thank a bunch, be ready to walk, or at least have them convinced. They'll NEVER just say, OK I booting you.. worst case you swallow some pride.. but that just won't happen...

I know I can get this deal from retentions. Add another line & phone for $10 more a month to share your free & clear shared plan. And, not have to pay a premium fee for the TP2 I would add.

Be aware, you should know... there is no data on that extra phone. You can get the cheap data plan for $10, no texting..

The best you'll get, I know I can get:
$10 add a new tp2 phone & line
$10 add a data plan
$5 for 500 text messages/month.

Yea, that's $25 bucks & you'll have to share the voice minutes. But if you can do that, your floating real nice... about the best you'll get..

If voice minutes are tight & you need more you have 2 options.
1. Get a google voice number & use it via the web on the phone or home, OR pay $5 & setup a home # free, OR put XDANdroid on your SD card & run google voice using the droid side of your tp2... see my sig line "Android"
2. Not all reps will tell you this, so try & get the texting & this from retentions at the same time... $5 for 100 extra min.. they have that deal they can offer, also have a $5 for 200 extra, same price, less willing to discuss, it's there.. I know, I have it :>))

I'm not going to detail out everything I've said here... click the links in my sig for reading on most of it, do some searching & googling, report back after some research & i'll help you then..

Good luck

If anyone is adding a TP2 & can do better, please feel free to post what & how.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2