PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SMS Ghost Unread - Sprint Stock ROM

Ever since applying the 2016 fix, my TP2 (Sprint Stock 6.1) has had a mysterious (ghost) message in the SMS/MMS inbox. I have reset the phone, applied the htmlnote.dll, set the registry SMS count to 0, and the ghost text is still there.

I also see a registry key called "Text" that is set for "SMS/MMS (1)". I deleted that key and it came back. I changed it to (0) and it went back to (1).

I've search the forum, and I think I've tried everything I found to remove this ghost sms. (This is similar to the old Ghost Email notification in the HTC Mogul.)

I would like to get rid of this ghost message. Can someone help??

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

leerage is keeping up the good workleerage is keeping up the good work
Re: SMS Ghost Unread - Sprint Stock ROM

I had an issue like this before the 2016 problem. It would always say 1 down in the TF3D but I couldn't ever find a text message that wasn't unread. I ended going into the system settings and doing "Clear Storage". This erases all the data off your phone and will resolve the issue (or at least it did for me). You can use PIM Backup to backup your messages, contacts, etc.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by leerage View Post
I had an issue like this before the 2016 problem. It would always say 1 down in the TF3D but I couldn't ever find a text message that wasn't unread. I ended going into the system settings and doing "Clear Storage". This erases all the data off your phone and will resolve the issue (or at least it did for me). You can use PIM Backup to backup your messages, contacts, etc.
leerage thanks!! however doing a hard reset of my phone is not the ideal solution. too many settings/applications i'd have to reload...

i appreciate knowing i'm not the only person.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

leerage is keeping up the good workleerage is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterit View Post
leerage thanks!! however doing a hard reset of my phone is not the ideal solution. too many settings/applications i'd have to reload...

i appreciate knowing i'm not the only person.
No worries. I thought I'd mention that kinda as a last resort.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: E-Plus

blowy666 is becoming a great contributor

Read this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ht=sms+counter

The app in post #6 should fix your problem...without hardreset!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

Wonder what is causing this? I've never had it happen. Stock or Mightyrom. And for the first time, mine did it yesterday. The only thing that has changed is that I set up an additional email. I always set up my yahoo account right after a flash. Well the day before, I set up my gmail account also. Other than that, I installed the swype cab to try it out. Those two things is the only things that have really changed.

Something else to note: After the above mentioned, when I go to start a new text message, used to when I would start typing the persons name, it autofills the name for you. Well, within the last few days, sometimes this doesn't work. I can type their name, and nothing. If I type "Kevin". No number or list of names appear. Until I hit enter. Then it comes up with suggestions. Very odd. All this just started happening at once. I'm usiing mighty 1/13.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowy666 View Post
Read this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ht=sms+counter

The app in post #6 should fix your problem...without hardreset!
B I N G O!!!! Thank you!!!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was having the unread SMS count problem like a lot of others have had. I went to the link given below in another thread which had sms in place of the mms I've inserted in it's place below. I decided to see if there was anything unread in mms and sure enough there was. I changed the 1 to 0 and when I got back to my home screen, the 1 unread message indicator was gone. Hopefully, after receiving another text later, the problem will not come back.

HKEY_Current_User\system\state\Messages\mms\Unread and set the Count=0
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMcQ View Post
I was having the unread SMS count problem like a lot of others have had. I went to the link given below in another thread which had sms in place of the mms I've inserted in it's place below. I decided to see if there was anything unread in mms and sure enough there was. I changed the 1 to 0 and when I got back to my home screen, the 1 unread message indicator was gone. Hopefully, after receiving another text later, the problem will not come back.

HKEY_Current_User\system\state\Messages\mms\Unread and set the Count=0
thanks man, the other fix didnt work for me, this one did

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 02-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 View Post
Wonder what is causing this? I've never had it happen.
It's caused by a welcome message that buries itself in a subfolder in your inbox

You don't even have to run the fix linked above. Just open your text messages then click where it says 'Inbox' up top and you'll see that you have 1 unread message under outlook email. That's the welcome message. Delete it and your unread count is back to normal

Last edited by Eschelon; 02-03-2010 at 11:47 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2