PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 02:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: Us Celllular

unholy1317 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
red mute buttonn???

The mute button on the back of my touch pro 2 from us cellular has turned permanently red. If anyone knows how to fix this please respond as soon as possible. I've tried everything including a Clear storage and its still like that. Thank you for your time
Old 01-30-2011, 10:42 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: red mute buttonn???

if its really "stuck", resets and stuff wont fix it...

may need a razor blade or exacto knife to cut it out....... or take it in for a repair if you have insurance

obviously youd still be able to mute by using inscreen options.. or turning the phone upside down
Old 01-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholy1317 View Post
The mute button on the back of my touch pro 2 from us cellular has turned permanently red. If anyone knows how to fix this please respond as soon as possible. I've tried everything including a Clear storage and its still like that. Thank you for your time
Bummer. What happens when you take the back cover off? Does the LED turn back to green?
Old 01-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: Us Celllular
Threadstarter

unholy1317 is a n00b

yeah i still have insurance which is good, i was just seeing if anyone knew how i could fix this before i sent it in for $50. the phone is still in perfect condition and works perfectly fine i think i might just ignore it til something worse happens than ill send it in. Thanks for your time
Old 01-30-2011, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

uh did you check it with the back cover off??

have you tried kicking it over to speaker to see if its really muted, are you running a custom rom???

hard reset before you send it in....
Old 01-30-2011, 07:57 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholy1317 View Post
yeah i still have insurance which is good, i was just seeing if anyone knew how i could fix this before i sent it in for $50. the phone is still in perfect condition and works perfectly fine i think i might just ignore it til something worse happens than ill send it in. Thanks for your time
does USCC offer a TEP type insurance like SPrint?? Or is it Asurion only?

if so, a replacement for this sort of issue would be covered, deductible free

edit - less than a year old? you may get them to cover you under manufacturer warranty also
Old 01-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

@ TacoToy: We had the same thought there!! Is it the button or the cover that is causing the issue? I guess that remains the mystery!! =]
Old 01-30-2011, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

the bigger mystery to me is why you would post a question and then not try to do anything that anyone suggests??? lol

just like a tootsie roll pop.... no one knows lol
Old 01-31-2011, 12:58 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

hehe... I am hearing you. Maybe we will hear back soon from unholy!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
button, mute, red, touch pro 2