PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   red mute buttonn??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140367)

unholy1317 01-30-2011 02:36 AM

red mute buttonn???

The mute button on the back of my touch pro 2 from us cellular has turned permanently red. If anyone knows how to fix this please respond as soon as possible. I've tried everything including a Clear storage and its still like that. Thank you for your time :mrgreen:

boredandtattooed 01-30-2011 10:42 AM

Re: red mute buttonn???

if its really "stuck", resets and stuff wont fix it...

may need a razor blade or exacto knife to cut it out....... or take it in for a repair if you have insurance

obviously youd still be able to mute by using inscreen options.. or turning the phone upside down

Tinkerbell 01-30-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unholy1317 (Post 2047660)
The mute button on the back of my touch pro 2 from us cellular has turned permanently red. If anyone knows how to fix this please respond as soon as possible. I've tried everything including a Clear storage and its still like that. Thank you for your time :mrgreen:

Bummer. What happens when you take the back cover off? Does the LED turn back to green?

unholy1317 01-30-2011 03:35 PM

yeah i still have insurance which is good, i was just seeing if anyone knew how i could fix this before i sent it in for $50. the phone is still in perfect condition and works perfectly fine i think i might just ignore it til something worse happens than ill send it in. Thanks for your time :)

tacotoy 01-30-2011 07:33 PM

uh did you check it with the back cover off??

have you tried kicking it over to speaker to see if its really muted, are you running a custom rom???

hard reset before you send it in....

boredandtattooed 01-30-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unholy1317 (Post 2047813)
yeah i still have insurance which is good, i was just seeing if anyone knew how i could fix this before i sent it in for $50. the phone is still in perfect condition and works perfectly fine i think i might just ignore it til something worse happens than ill send it in. Thanks for your time :)

does USCC offer a TEP type insurance like SPrint?? Or is it Asurion only?

if so, a replacement for this sort of issue would be covered, deductible free

edit - less than a year old? you may get them to cover you under manufacturer warranty also

Tinkerbell 01-30-2011 08:11 PM

@ TacoToy: We had the same thought there!! Is it the button or the cover that is causing the issue? I guess that remains the mystery!! =]

tacotoy 01-30-2011 10:16 PM

the bigger mystery to me is why you would post a question and then not try to do anything that anyone suggests??? lol

just like a tootsie roll pop.... no one knows lol

Tinkerbell 01-31-2011 12:58 AM

hehe... I am hearing you. Maybe we will hear back soon from unholy!!