PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What is Sprint Asurion offering these days for TP2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139040)

digiblur 12-31-2010 11:02 PM

What is Sprint Asurion offering these days for TP2?

Long story short Sprint says one of my lines phone has water damage and won't fix the keyboard. You can look under the battery cover and the one outside is red. Look on the battery and through the little hole to the main board and the sticker is fine. I am not dealing with these yoyo's at the store. Figure I will just call Asurion...I am hoping they don't give out a TP2 anymore...had way too many TP1s and TP2s with keyboard issues and oil screen issues.

eric12341 01-01-2011 12:44 AM

Re: What is Sprint Asurion offering these days for TP2?

still giving out the TP2 as they arent ****suckers like VZW is whom offer underpowered phones

Dr.8820 01-01-2011 12:51 AM

If you're lucky, a brand new tp2.

quick99si 01-01-2011 09:24 AM

This is what they offered me

http://i54.tinypic.com/2e68mfp.jpg

intrlude 01-01-2011 10:36 AM

Dear Everybody,

The insurance program is not a "trade-up" program. I know that we have had the luxury of being babied by Asurion/Sprint alike, with going from the 6700 to 6800, 6800 to 6850 and from the 6850 to the 6875. Some of us out there have gone ahead and taken the plunge and gone over to Android with the EVO, will there be something else available for the EVO at some point? Maybe, no time soon though.

The premium you pay allows customers the luxury of receiving a device without having to pay retail for a new device. Even when it's deemed necessary that we pay the deductible. $7/mo=$84/yr, the deductible is $100, if you were allowed the TP2 at no cost from a TP even as late as a year ago you're only in for $184. Cash money phones, even the most "economical" start at $219.99 MSRP.

With all that being said, there may still be a possibility that Asurion/Sprint may be putting people into the HTC Pro7, why? Because, it's not a jump in technology. The specs are virtually the same, the operating system is new, but not staggering. Specifications are what are taken into account, so, no 4G phones. (Don't quote me on this paragraph, it's just a possibility. It may not happen, at some point you're going to have to sign a new contract. Whether it's with Sprint or one of it's competitors)

Thanks for letting me air this out! I work for a "preferred" retailer of Sprint's and get to hear day-in and day-out customers ask "this is my 3rd, 4th, 5th......phone, what phone do I get?" "Sir/Ma'am, you will receive the phone covered by the insurance program, which is whatever device is registered to your phone # at the time of the claim or something comparable" and comparable could be many things, not what you deem is proper for you to receive.

yankees45us 01-01-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digiblur (Post 2027581)
Long story short Sprint says one of my lines phone has water damage and won't fix the keyboard. You can look under the battery cover and the one outside is red. Look on the battery and through the little hole to the main board and the sticker is fine. I am not dealing with these yoyo's at the store. Figure I will just call Asurion...I am hoping they don't give out a TP2 anymore...had way too many TP1s and TP2s with keyboard issues and oil screen issues.

My question is, where do you live? Here in florida they can't go on the stickers alone about water damage. The moisture indicators are exactly what they are "indicators". Here they have to find other water visuals like water or moisture under the lcd or inside phone. If they don't then the warranty is still in tact. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

Recursion 01-01-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intrlude (Post 2027762)
With all that being said, there may still be a possibility that Asurion/Sprint may be putting people into the HTC Pro7, why? Because, it's not a jump in technology. The specs are virtually the same, the operating system is new, but not staggering. Specifications are what are taken into account, so, no 4G phones. (Don't quote me on this paragraph, it's just a possibility. It may not happen, at some point you're going to have to sign a new contract. Whether it's with Sprint or one of it's competitors)***

You've been quoted!! LOL!!

IF (they run out of TP2s) && (Sprint picks up the P7)
THEN MAYBE.

Time will tell...

I'm not willing to pay $20 more AND lose my 25% discount on a SERO500 at this point. That's 27.50/month more + the cost of a 4G phone.

Sorry Sprint...I'm gonna keep my perk-o-lated plan & my TP2 until it's worth it (for me).

boredandtattooed 01-01-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

With all that being said, there may still be a possibility that Asurion/Sprint may be putting people into the HTC Pro7, why? Because, it's not a jump in technology. The specs are virtually the same, the operating system is new, but not staggering. Specifications are what are taken into account, so, no 4G phones. (Don't quote me on this paragraph, it's just a possibility. It may not happen, at some point you're going to have to sign a new contract. Whether it's with Sprint or one of it's competitors)

Sprint will NOT be giving Wp7 devices for TP2s..... your dreaming... HTC Pro 7 will be a flagship device for Sprint..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recursion (Post 2027776)

&& (Sprint picks up the P7)
THEN MAYBE.

I'm not willing to pay $20 more AND lose my 25% discount on a SERO500 at this point. That's 27.50/month more + the cost of a 4G phone.

"and sprint picks up the p7"???......... you miss the announcement or something, Sprint is 100% getting the P7.. especially since the P7 was the only CDMA WP7 device shown at launch AND its Sprint branded...

you SERO people are a trip, like you have some birth right to ridiculously cheap plans.... "oh no, my bill might reach $50/month, what ever shall I do".. its just funny to read all SERO cust comments as you guys squeel at the idea of switching phones and plans some day... its quite amusing..

and btw, your 25% discount can be put on just about any plan..

intrlude 01-01-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 2027790)
Sprint will NOT be giving Wp7 devices for TP2s..... your dreaming... HTC Pro 7 will be a flagship device for Sprint..

True, that it will be a "flagship" device, but as it stands the TP2 is the current "flagship" device on the WinMo side of things, as well as being a "World" phone. As the Pro7 comes available, the TP2 will be EOLed, it has seen a life span of more than 2 years!

As with anything, time will tell.

austin420 01-01-2011 01:08 PM

this man must not realize they are still giving out sprint moguls and touches thru asurion.

intrlude 01-01-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2027831)
this man must not realize they are still giving out sprint moguls and touches thru asurion.

As of October 23rd 2010, Asurion only need be involved if the phone is wet(liquid damaged), lost/stolen and extremely physically damaged(broken circuit board). Other than those instances, it's an in-store repair/replacement.

The A/E, replacement, program through Sprint repair locations does give alternatives to the device in question, if the device has been exchanged multiple times within a certain span of time.

People with multiple Pre exchanges, for example, are being given the option for a BB Tour 9630(World phone) or an HTC Hero(different operating system/Android). This of course is just 1 example.

austin420 01-01-2011 01:22 PM

im well aware of sprint and asurions replacement policies, regular geeker. thanks tho.

boredandtattooed 01-01-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intrlude (Post 2027828)
True, that it will be a "flagship" device, but as it stands the TP2 is the current "flagship" device on the WinMo side of things, as well as being a "World" phone. As the Pro7 comes available, the TP2 will be EOLed, it has seen a life span of more than 2 years!

As with anything, time will tell.

ummm, NO! the TP2 is in no sense of the word, Flagship at this point... Phones dont keep their "status" for shelf life... Flagship means Sprint is Pushing to the Masses and the device is Sprints FOCUS at the time..... thats SO not whats going on with the TP2 anymore(Most stores dont even carry it anymore, its rare.. Telesales, Sprint.com/other online ventures, and 3rd party are only way to get them)..

Sprints last several Flagship Devices:

Samsung Instinct(June 20th 08) - was Flagshipped over the TP1(Nov 2nd 2008)

Palm Pre(June 6th 09) - was Flagshipped over the TP2(Sept 6th 09)

HTC Hero(Oct 11th 09)(Sprints 1st Android device) - also Flagshipped over the Tp2(Sept 6th 09)

Htc EVO(June 6th 2010) - Flagshipped - for good reason

Samsung EPIC - Is this actually a flagship device or just another great device Sprint happens to have????????????????

HTC Pro 7(once Launched)

Millions of dollars were spent in Ad campaigns for the device listed above... NOT the TP1 or TP2.. yes they had commercials, but thats about it.. Sprint never tried like hell to get people in the TP series... hell, the Vogue(Touch) was pushed harder than TP1/2's..

the TP2 will probably never be EOL'd by SPrint.. Discountinued and EOL'd are 2 totally different things.. EOL means End of Life - meaning the device will not be made, sold, replaced, etc... Discontinued devices are still readily available by some 3rd party Retailers, And/or replaced by Asurion... ie The Mogul.. discontinued for years now, still can get replacements from Asurion though - therefore not EOL... and TP2 doesnt hit 2years till Sept 6th 2011..

Recursion 01-01-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

"and sprint picks up the p7"???......... you miss the announcement or something***

...obviously, eh?
Quote:

you SERO people are a trip, like you have some birth right to ridiculously cheap plans.... "oh no, my bill might reach $50/month, what ever shall I do".. its just funny to read all SERO cust comments as you guys squeel at the idea of switching phones and plans some day... its quite amusing..

a trip? i'd raze my hand high...
birthright? nah, nothing here but earned sh!t, bro...LOTS of it. paying double just isn't whack-off material...but tonitez game might come close.

nah, 25% corp disc CANNOT be put on SERO Premium accounts, as per Sprint website. if so, i just might go SEROP with an EVO or EPIC. got a hook-up maybe, so we'll see how that goes.

puff601 01-01-2011 05:47 PM

@ op, you should have did like i did. somehow the moisture indicator on my tp2 got triggered, the one on the side. i just pulled it off and sent it in for a replacement =) never heard anything about it from them.

eric12341 01-01-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

wow about time someone says something about that my bill is in the upper 80s after taxes and TEP on the normal everything data and messaging plan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2027838)
im well aware of sprint and asurions replacement policies, regular geeker. thanks tho.

first time I see someone get pointed out for bein a regular geeker.

quick99si 01-01-2011 08:16 PM

Yet another thread derailed with more useless SERO bickering :( On a sidenote, I think they raised the taxes/fees because my bill is now in the $34 range! And now we we have the prospect of a $10 surcharge for WP7?? Well gee golly, I sure hope that this Mr. Obamer will bail out us regular geekers like he bailed out them there banks and whutnot hhhhMMMMmhhHH

Dr.8820 01-01-2011 08:41 PM

Before the flame war ensues, Austin was pointing out that he, Austin, was the regular geeker. Now, carry on....:)!

demonlordoftheround 01-01-2011 10:07 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Subscribing in case the game gets slow.

eric12341 01-01-2011 11:11 PM

in before the close....

nice blaming obama for high phone bill taxes which is something he has very little control over. this is usually dictated at the local level.blaming a president over billing issues is the most ignorant thing anyone can do.

gTen 01-02-2011 12:56 AM

To Sprint "Flagship" means phone that came out June aka around the time of the iphone..all the other phones are just "phones that are cool and sprint is too lazy to actually advertise or may advertise on 1 or 2 occasions"..

The HTC 7 Pro will in no way be a flagship...its going to be just another phone..

I mean take the Epic for example, even though its specs are a lot better then the Evo..Sprint didn't even advertise it until PC world gave it #1 phone of 2010 award...

Its just how sprint is, they only have enough money/effort to advertise 1 phone...

That said, my guess is the HTC 7 Pro will at least require an everything plan..so those people on old plans or on SERO thats not premium will have to upgrade their plan even if Asuran gives them that phone..

InvincibleLiving 01-02-2011 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2028214)
To Sprint "Flagship" means phone that came out June aka around the time of the iphone..all the other phones are just "phones that are cool and sprint is too lazy to actually advertise or may advertise on 1 or 2 occasions"..

The HTC 7 Pro will in no way be a flagship...its going to be just another phone..

I mean take the Epic for example, even though its specs are a lot better then the Evo..Sprint didn't even advertise it until PC world gave it #1 phone of 2010 award...

Its just how sprint is, they only have enough money/effort to advertise 1 phone...

That said, my guess is the HTC 7 Pro will at least require an everything plan..so those people on old plans or on SERO thats not premium will have to upgrade their plan even if Asuran gives them that phone..

correct on all fronts, it's their master plan to eventually phase out all those grandfather clause plans as they roll out new hardware. I just upgraded to the Evo this week and I had no choice but to ditch my old calling plan and upgrade to the Everything 1500 for my 2 lines. Gten you also made a great point about what 'flagship' device means to carriers... the epic didnt get much shine even from THEM for quite some time after launch just as you said.

quick99si 01-02-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quick99si (Post 2028068)
Yet another thread derailed with more useless SERO bickering :( On a sidenote, I think they raised the taxes/fees because my bill is now in the $34 range! And now we we have the prospect of a $10 surcharge for WP7?? Well gee golly, I sure hope that this Mr. Obamer will bail out us regular geekers like he bailed out them there banks and whutnot hhhhMMMMmhhHH

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2028171)
in before the close....

nice blaming obama for high phone bill taxes which is something he has very little control over. this is usually dictated at the local level.blaming a president over billing issues is the most ignorant thing anyone can do.

Oh wow, seriously dude? ](*,)

Dr.8820 01-02-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2028214)

i think you're correct also, tmobile nows requires a data plan with wp7 series, but didn't really push it when i got the hd2 :scratch:.

mbritt80 01-02-2011 11:31 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341
in before the close....

A case of idiocracy anyone?

sp4rtan5 01-02-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digiblur (Post 2027581)

Typical htc crap. Dead kb, oily rainbow lcd screen, underperforming non existing gpu, dead pixels, white spots on lcd with little banjo cousin. Demand ur money back op, tell them epic or prepare for war!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

sp4rtan5 01-02-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

"and sprint picks up the p7"???......... you miss the announcement or something, Sprint is 100% getting the P7.. especially since the P7 was the only CDMA WP7 device shown at launch AND its Sprint branded...

Watch yo mouth! Im sero ftw!

digiblur 01-02-2011 03:03 PM

Jeeezzz....all I wanted know was what phone they were giving. I don't want a 4g phone..no 4g here and Sprint EVDO sucks here..50 to 90 kilobits if you can get it to work. I roam on Verizon 3g quite a lot! Tickets galore opened on towers for th past 6 months with no fix in sight.

She is actually perfectly fine with the TP2..I have just lost all faith in HTC. I had 9 TP1s in 7 months. My other line had 6 in in 7 months. They hated me..I made them load all my apps and contacts everytime. Finally they gave us TP2s. They were a little better. Only had 2 or 3 within the year on each line.

Yes I live in Louisiana...high humidity. I didn't bring the phone to the store someone else did and Sprint threw their hands up when they saw the sticker. I assume they already flagged the phone as water damage. I guess I could go fight with them. Should be fun.

eric12341 01-02-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quick99si (Post 2028354)
Oh wow, seriously dude? ](*,)

you know damn well that statement has no place in this forum.

DarkLord 01-02-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2028590)
you know damn well that statement has no place in this forum.

Take a pill.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk Pro

Maxx134 01-02-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digiblur (Post 2028528)
Yes I live in Louisiana...high humidity. I didn't bring the phone to the store someone else did and Sprint threw their hands up when they saw the sticker. I assume they already flagged the phone as water damage. I guess I could go fight with them. Should be fun.

Good they didn't see you.
If you call it in they may make note it has water damage.
Now you prob will have to pay the $100 insurance for a refurb

Is it still working?
My friends phone has been with a red dot for almost a year now.

lief4321 01-02-2011 08:42 PM

they offered me an HTC Hero yesterday at the store and i declined it so they gave me another TP2

sp4rtan5 01-02-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digiblur (Post 2028528)
Jeeezzz....all I wanted know was what phone they were giving. I don't want a 4g phone..no 4g here and Sprint EVDO sucks here..50 to 90 kilobits if you can get it to work. I roam on Verizon 3g quite a lot! Tickets galore opened on towers for th past 6 months with no fix in sight.

She is actually perfectly fine with the TP2..I have just lost all faith in HTC. I had 9 TP1s in 7 months. My other line had 6 in in 7 months. They hated me..I made them load all my apps and contacts everytime. Finally they gave us TP2s. They were a little better. Only had 2 or 3 within the year on each line.

Yup. Htc for u. NO SOUP FO U! I went thru 6 tp for dead kb and oily rainbow screens. They gave me a tp2 that was better since it didn't over heat to the surface of the sun. But still slooooooowwwww! I didn't realize how slow these htc devices until I got the Epic with eclair. Now its about 1000x faster and reliable. Trust me. Ditch htc.

eric12341 01-03-2011 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sp4rtan5 (Post 2028785)
Yup. Htc for u. NO SOUP FO U! I went thru 6 tp for dead kb and oily rainbow screens. They gave me a tp2 that was better since it didn't over heat to the surface of the sun. But still slooooooowwwww! I didn't realize how slow these htc devices until I got the Epic with eclair. Now its about 1000x faster and reliable. Trust me. Ditch htc.

get the hell out of this thread you hack! phones are made to go bad intentionally because the smartphone industry wants you to buy the latest and greatest so they can make more money cuz that's what they want. whether it be HTC,samsung,sony,toshiba, all the same.

akmzero 01-03-2011 02:45 AM

Quote:

Dear Everybody,

The insurance program is not a "trade-up" program. I know that we have had the luxury of being babied by Asurion/Sprint alike, with going from the 6700 to 6800, 6800 to 6850 and from the 6850 to the 6875. Some of us out there have gone ahead and taken the plunge and gone over to Android with the EVO, will there be something else available for the EVO at some point? Maybe, no time soon though.

The premium you pay allows customers the luxury of receiving a device without having to pay retail for a new device. Even when it's deemed necessary that we pay the deductible. $7/mo=$84/yr, the deductible is $100, if you were allowed the TP2 at no cost from a TP even as late as a year ago you're only in for $184. Cash money phones, even the most "economical" start at $219.99 MSRP.

Thanks for letting me air this out! I work for a "preferred" retailer of Sprint's and get to hear day-in and day-out customers ask "this is my 3rd, 4th, 5th......phone, what phone do I get?" "Sir/Ma'am, you will receive the phone covered by the insurance program, which is whatever device is registered to your phone # at the time of the claim or something comparable" and comparable could be many things, not what you deem is proper for you to receive.

As a tech for sprint the c word is not allowed in my store. Compensation

raz1337 01-03-2011 12:47 PM

I was having problems with my T-Mobile TP2 and I just did the claim to get a new phone sent. My brother that's obsessed with cell phones and the T-Mobile rep at the store said there's a very high chance they'd send an HD2. It'd be quite cool if they did, but I'll just have to wait and see tomorrow.

sp4rtan5 01-03-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2028857)
get the hell out of this thread you hack! phones are made to go bad intentionally because the smartphone industry wants you to buy the latest and greatest so they can make more money cuz that's what they want. whether it be HTC,samsung,sony,toshiba, all the same.

Well... Arent you one angry troll! Why so angry at the truth? Because it hurts! We all know that. But I will give you credit, you did say something correct. You said that companies release phones that go bad so you run out to but the next gen phone.thats correct for htc.its 100% correct! Why do I know this? Because I was a buyer that actually did that! I had a 6700 that was awesome for its time, then the 6800 came out sporting a dual core cpu. We were all happy because we thought dual core would perform better and more efficient. Turned our we did get a dual core but our did NOT perform better or efficient. It performed worse and slower and hotter! Turned out HTC didn't want to pay qualcomm royalties to activate the hardware acceleration on the ms72xx cpu. We complained seens tom tom and igo ran at about 3fps, making it incredibly hard on the eyes seens it was so jerky. We said, "next gen should make htc fix this problem". Well we got the Vouge, touch Pro, tilt, touch pro 2 and all those had even worse performance issues seens some of those ppcs had higher resolution screens. Whay did we do? We went out and bought them. Then HTC promised a real fast hardware accelerated phones under its new highly touted Snap Dragon cpu. Well, we went out and we got a fair phone.we were impeded to se higher frame rates, but only because we were given phones for 4 years with crippled gpus.so jumping from 3fps to 12fps on Snapdragon gave us thre illusions that we finally got hardware acceleration! We did, but too little too late.Galaxy S came out, and that actually surpasses the iphone. Not only the iphone, but the new gen iphone 4. And the iphone4 out performs the Evo by alot! So now imagine how the galaxy s compares to Evo. Yes sir, you just got pwn3d. Have a nice day with your snapsnail. Hope it makes you happy, but dont bother showing it to your iphone4 friends, youll regret it. Hehe. Btw... I rubbed my epic on all my iphone4 owners... Cuz I can! When I had the Evo, I was shamed to use it when anyone had their iphone out using it. I would only take it out and use out when I had people around me using their free flip phones our their lg phones. Cuz that made my Evo look like it was a super computer.

darren.wlsn1 01-03-2011 01:55 PM

eric12341 and sp4rtan5 stop baiting each other and move on please.

Mojary 01-03-2011 03:10 PM

wow...talk about a hi-jack and going off topic.

eric12341 01-03-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sp4rtan5 (Post 2029020)
Well... Arent you one angry troll! Why so angry at the truth? Because it hurts! We all know that. But I will give you credit, you did say something correct. You said that companies release phones that go bad so you run out to but the next gen phone.thats correct for htc.its 100% correct! Why do I know this? Because I was a buyer that actually did that! I had a 6700 that was awesome for its time, then the 6800 came out sporting a dual core cpu. We were all happy because we thought dual core would perform better and more efficient. Turned our we did get a dual core but our did NOT perform better or efficient. It performed worse and slower and hotter! Turned out HTC didn't want to pay qualcomm royalties to activate the hardware acceleration on the ms72xx cpu. We complained seens tom tom and igo ran at about 3fps, making it incredibly hard on the eyes seens it was so jerky. We said, "next gen should make htc fix this problem". Well we got the Vouge, touch Pro, tilt, touch pro 2 and all those had even worse performance issues seens some of those ppcs had higher resolution screens. Whay did we do? We went out and bought them. Then HTC promised a real fast hardware accelerated phones under its new highly touted Snap Dragon cpu. Well, we went out and we got a fair phone.we were impeded to se higher frame rates, but only because we were given phones for 4 years with crippled gpus.so jumping from 3fps to 12fps on Snapdragon gave us thre illusions that we finally got hardware acceleration! We did, but too little too late.Galaxy S came out, and that actually surpasses the iphone. Not only the iphone, but the new gen iphone 4. And the iphone4 out performs the Evo by alot! So now imagine how the galaxy s compares to Evo. Yes sir, you just got pwn3d. Have a nice day with your snapsnail. Hope it makes you happy, but dont bother showing it to your iphone4 friends, youll regret it. Hehe. Btw... I rubbed my epic on all my iphone4 owners... Cuz I can! When I had the Evo, I was shamed to use it when anyone had their iphone out using it. I would only take it out and use out when I had people around me using their free flip phones our their lg phones. Cuz that made my Evo look like it was a super computer.

jaja are u serious? u were actually ashamed to use ur EVO around iPhone 4 users? WOW i used my TP2 in front of EVO and iPhone 4 peeps all the time. me a troll? u are the one who busted up in here and took this thread off topic, the question was what sprint asurion was giving out for replacements not how crappy HTC products are vs other manufacturers, if u think ur samsung is going to last to the next generation u are blind.