PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Globe Telecom

luciferion is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Q]ROM Flashing

is used to use a 2gb memory card to flash roms in my tp2 and i did not have any problem. then i changed my memory card to 8gb. when i flashed the new energy rom it did not flash. i tried reformatting my mem twice and it still failed. i tried borrowing my friends 1gb mem to flash my tp2 and it went smoothly.

my question is can i only use low memory micro sd cards to flash rom or did i do something wrong?
Old 11-11-2010, 09:50 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: [Q]ROM Flashing

what program are you using to format your SD? then one on the phone is pretty bad IMO

Try this one out is real good!!
Download HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool (free)

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Make sure it's formatted FAT32. Some people will say it has to be FAT32, so say you don't, but you can try it. And FWIW, I've used 2, 4 and 8G cards and don't have any problem.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

luciferion is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
what program are you using to format your SD? then one on the phone is pretty bad IMO

Try this one out is real good!!
Download HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool (free)
i just use windows to format my SD. thanks i will try that program for formatting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Make sure it's formatted FAT32. Some people will say it has to be FAT32, so say you don't, but you can try it. And FWIW, I've used 2, 4 and 8G cards and don't have any problem.
i formatted it in FAT32. i will try ooxteme's link in formatting. if it doesn't work it might be my card .

thanks to both of you for the help.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:52 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

I always remember it being that you couldnt use a SDHC, ie. a SD Card over 2GB...

Did something change??? Ive been using the same 2gb card to flash for years..

Guess Ive never personally tried a card over 2GB, but like I said, I thought it couldNT be a SDHC..
Old 11-12-2010, 01:36 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
I always remember it being that you couldnt use a SDHC, ie. a SD Card over 2GB...

Guess Ive never personally tried a card over 2GB, but like I said, I thought it couldNT be a SDHC..
I have never flashed via sd myself. I wounder why the size matters?
Old 11-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed

This is what I have always gone by as well.
I was always told that if you want to use anything larger than 2gb then it must be partitioned in order for these devices to flash properly.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

luciferion is a n00b

i will try the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool later on my 8gb and will also try using my friends 4gb as well. i'll let you guys know if it works for me.

i just thought that the reason why i couldn't flash with SDHC is just like in PSP where you cannot use more than 1gb mem when you are going to use pandora.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2