PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Run Rhodium without battery? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=134956)

febry 10-05-2010 10:15 PM

Run Rhodium without battery?

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to run my rhodium fully from the AC adapter, without using the battery. I want to watch youtube movies with duration more than an hour, but I dont want to damage my battery when I connect the AC adapter for a long time with the battery in my device.

Any idea?

eric12341 10-05-2010 11:39 PM

Re: Run Rhodium without battery?

search,download and install a program called NUEBattery. it has an option to not allow the battery while on AC. that may be what u are looking to do.

horndoctor 10-06-2010 12:39 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by febry
Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to run my rhodium fully from the AC adapter, without using the battery. I want to watch youtube movies with duration more than an hour, but I dont want to damage my battery when I connect the AC adapter for a long time with the battery in my device.

Any idea?

In my opinion, you really don't need to worry about damageing anything if you have it plugged in for a couple hours. :dontknow:

febry 10-06-2010 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1966938)
search,download and install a program called NUEBattery. it has an option to not allow the battery while on AC. that may be what u are looking to do.

Okay, I have installed it perfectly. I got a question :

The last option in the checklist shows "allow no battery while on AC". What exactly is this option for? If i check it, does it mean that :

1.if the battery is 100% full, it will not charge while it's on AC? or
2.when it's on a AC charger, the battery doesn't charge? since it's not allowing any battery? or
3.it will allow you to use your phone when it's on AC with no battery installed (similar to running a laptop just on the AC charger with no battery)?

Thank a lot.

eric12341 10-06-2010 05:49 AM

should be all 3 tho I'm not sure as I've never used it but it just sounds as such.

one80oneday 10-06-2010 10:54 AM

EnergyROM already has "no battery under "allow no battery while on AC" under settings>power...

86shelby 10-06-2010 10:59 AM

dude just plug it in... it stops charging when it's charged.

quick99si 10-06-2010 03:17 PM

lol I bet this guy doesn't leave his laptops plugged in overnight either

Tybalt39 10-06-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quick99si (Post 1967456)
lol I bet this guy doesn't leave his laptops plugged in overnight either

I would imagine that is why he is concerned. The difference is that people kill the batteries in their laptops by not exercising them between charges, where phone batteries get quite a workout.

gTen 10-06-2010 04:49 PM

1) Most laptops work if you are plugged in and take out the battery

2) When I wifi-tether I have it plugged in none stop for an entire month or more...and my battery is still fine :/..most of the damage done to a battery is when draining at 30% and below.