PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

audiringpwr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
end button hard key not working

my end key hard key stopped working today on my sprint touch pro2.

all the other 3 buttons still work ok with no issues.

does anyone know why the end key would just stop working? is there an easy fix to this?

please let me know, thanks.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: end button hard key not working

btw, i did search and the closest i was able to find to a fix was in this thread...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-vogue-...t-working.html

but i'm not sure if its safe to use on the tp2.

is the fix going to be basically a cab file?

oh and the tp2 is running the stock sprint 6.5

thanks
Old 09-25-2010, 01:06 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

What have you tried so far? Cab fix? Hard Reset/Clear Storage? I would say if you hard reset and it still doesn't work then you have a problem with the hardware button.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

What have you tried so far? Cab fix? Hard Reset/Clear Storage? I would say if you hard reset and it still doesn't work then you have a problem with the hardware button.
haven't tried anything yet. was hoping to see if anyone else had the same issue and if there was an easy fix.

i might do a hard reset first on monday if i don't get any fixes by then.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:41 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

it's hard to say really, could be any number of things, but most seem wind up replacing it.. the resets and re-flash is a just in case thing, since they will try that in the store if it works, you save a trip.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:26 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
it's hard to say really, could be any number of things, but most seem wind up replacing it.. the resets and re-flash is a just in case thing, since they will try that in the store if it works, you save a trip.
agree, its probably hardware so put stock on and relock, i never relock but your call.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

try the fix and hard reset first if not then either call sprint for a replacement or try to live without it. keep us updated.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
I agree also

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2