PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, 700wx, mogul, touch, touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sidwin is keeping up the good worksidwin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
can't get my msl

i've tried BAF tool and putty with no luck.... just got my 6.5 replacement phone from sprint and it doesn't work. any help?

THanks,
Sid
Old 09-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: can't get my msl

Call Sprint and they can give it to you. Or during the online activation process it will give you the MSL at the final step.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz View Post
This is currently the only method that i know of to be avaliable for touch pro 2 and sprint....baf and getspc no longer work but this method does.

If you have a Sprint Touch Pro2 this is the only way to get your MSL other then to call sprint.
1. You need a Reg edit tool like PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
2. Go to HKLM\Software\HTC\ATDbgLog
3. Edit item called "Enable" and change from "0" to "1" (leave out quotes.) Save changes.
4. Exit PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
5. Shutdown/turnoff device.
6. Turn back on.
7. Once turned on leave running for 1 minute or longer (a log files is being created durring this time in the "\Atlog" folder.)
8. After 1 min go back into registry and set value back to "0". Make sure to save changes and exit PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
9. Shutdown device again and turn back on.
10. Varify that the Registry value is still set to "0", if not then repeat above steps and wait 1 min before shutting down the second time in step 9.
11. Now you should open Explorer and go to the folder "\Atlog" in the root directory of your device.
12. You shoould see a file called "ATDbg0" (the "0" may be another number like 1), if your using another file browser you may see the full file name include the "xtx" extention. This file is a text file and can be opened in Word mobile.
13. open the file and use the find feature to locate "RMSL", you should soon find a line item that includes a 6 digit number, this is your MSL code.

I tried it on mine and confirm it works without a problem. I used soft reset method holding down power and it worked fine. If you find this helpful feel free to thank me.
Hope that helps
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

[QUOTE=sidwin;1951796]i've tried BAF tool and putty with no luck.... just got my 6.5 replacement phone from sprint and it doesn't work. any help?

THanks
try this cab found over at ppcgeeks forgot were but
worked for me on sprint tp2 installed turn on log reset phone then run app again then get msl that is it got it in less than 1 min hope it helps you

a big thanks to the maker tp2-msl grabber=D>=D>=D>
Attached Files
File Type: cab krohnjw TP2 MSL Grabber 0.5.cab (17.0 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:33 PM
fry
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

fry is a n00b

HOLY S%$# IS WORKS LIKE A CHARM...THNX ALOT puff601...LOL
Old 09-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fry View Post
no problem man, glad i could help
Old 09-24-2010, 01:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fry View Post
did the cab i posted help u get your msl ???
you should thank the maker lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2