PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Mickeyasr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
USB Charging stopped

I've been sync'ing and charging my TP2 via a USB cable for about a year now. Yesterday, all of a sudden, I got a message on the phone's screen: "The charging current is not enough for the device power consumption. Please shut down unused applications, or switch to AC adapter." Another issue that started at the same time is that the Windows Mobile Device Center will not show the phone as connected.

I did a complete shutdown/restart of both the phone and laptop (which is running on AC power). Unfortunately, that doesn't solve either problem.

Since I haven't changed my ROM in a couple of weeks, is it possible that either a windows update or some update push from my LAN team changed a setting?

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Old 09-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Re: USB Charging stopped

First off, install this battery monitor and it will tell you the charge current and how much current the phone is using.

You should have 400-500 mah or more charging current.

If your phone is using 400-500 mah after a reset, then you should delete the last thing you installed or you are getting really bad reception. This phone drinks battery power when hunting for a signal.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...ry-monitor.cab
Old 09-23-2010, 09:36 PM
DarkLight

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Couple other questions:
Have you switched USB ports you use for charging?
Have you changed cables you use for charging?

I ran into a similar problem and it turned out that my cable gave up the ghost (don't know how or why) and using a different cable turned the trick. Also, when using my laptop there are absolutely "favorite" ports for my phone...again, don't know why because they are all rated the same in the specs and all powered.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Another thing, if the computer isn't recognizing it, the drivers may be corrupted. I've noticed that with the phone being able to switch from activesync/disk drive/tether, sometimes it throws the computer off if one or the other is not disconnected/connected properly.

With Activesync I usually just uninstall and reinstall it and that fixes the problem, not exactly sure what you need to do with MDC, but I hope that points you in the right direction.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
charging, tp2, usb