PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro2
Carrier: t-mobile

Zee33 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trying to copy files to device folders

Hi There , I have searched with no luck . What I'm trying to do is copy files to my tp2 through Active sync and direct connect to folders other than the my documents folder . I created a downloads folder in my documents to send cabs to from the pc . I get an error when copying to the folder saying that folder can't be used . Pick a different folder .

What can I do to make folders usable when transferring ? I looked for folder permissions but can't find one .
Old 10-22-2010, 11:21 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Trying to copy files to device folders

dont think you can.. itll make the My DOucments folder(or whatever your device is named) for you on your desktop..

you can sync from that folder only.. that folder is the My DOcuments folder on your device.. and all its contents...

you should however be able to make a new folder, called anything, inside that Desktop folder and sync it over-thus it will create the new folder for you itself on the device during the sync..

if its not doing that, then idk whats wrong..

i dont sync many things that way, afterall why would i want to store things on my device as opposed to the memory card??? especially cabs
Old 10-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I keep a folder on my memory card and move files into it by simply dragging and dropping them into the folder while connected via USB in mass storage device mode.
I think it's the cleanest and easyest way. When I don't have a cable with me... I email the files to myself and from the email on my phone I save the file to the memory card. I move it to the appropriate cab folder later.
I hope that helps.
p.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee33
Hi There , I have searched with no luck . What I'm trying to do is copy files to my tp2 through Active sync and direct connect to folders other than the my documents folder . I created a downloads folder in my documents to send cabs to from the pc . I get an error when copying to the folder saying that folder can't be used . Pick a different folder .

What can I do to make folders usable when transferring ? I looked for folder permissions but can't find one .
Like Aztechka said, put your device in Disk Drive Mode before you connect to your PC. Then try it.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Zee33 is a n00b

Quote:
Like Aztechka said, put your device in Disk Drive Mode before you connect to your PC. Then try it.
Yeah tried that too . It allows you to create a folder in the my documents but doesn't allow you to move or copy a file to it from the pc . Has to be something in the registry I think . I tried to change IDENT/Restrictions from 2 to 0 but nothing . Changed it back . Once I get my new MicroSD card I'll just transfer to it , but for now wanted to try the onboard storage method .
Old 10-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

NO... If it's in mass storage device mode... You will see it as a separate drive in your My Computer listing of drives... Just as if you had plugged in a thumb drive. Then you can navigate within the drive with full read and write access. Create, edit or delete folders files and such. Even drag and drop.
I think you are making it more difficult than it really is.
p.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Zee33 is a n00b

Yes the settings Im seeing for that when I hook it up are for "mass storage" which is my 8gb microSD card the phone doesnt show
Old 10-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

It should show up in your My Computer.
Try restarting your phone and your computer... Then connect to a different USB connection. Your phone will ask you to pick from 3 options. Pick mass storage on your phone's screen. Your PC should recognize it and try to add software... Then it should say found new mass storage device... Then you should get the pop up asking you if you want to play a slide show or play the music or browse the folders.
You can go through there or you can close that out and go straight to the My Computer icon and open the drive letter assigned to your phone.
I mean... It's that easy... Not sure what else to tell you. Your phone IS a mass storage device when connected to a PC... How else do you suppose I ammassed such a prolific music library?
lol.
p.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Zee33 is a n00b

Well I have come to find that the only solution is to drag and drop rather than using the edit/copy to method . Seems that win 6.5 and win 7 are not user friendly with each other as they should be .
Old 10-23-2010, 10:05 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i have NO issues with 6.5/6.5.X and WIN7, been ropckin that combo since FEB also...

if its not seeing your card when you connect(maybe i missed something and this isnt what you meant).. theres a setting on your device under start>settings>connections>USBtoPC> uncheck the faster sync selection- this may now make your Memory Card show, where u said before it wouldnt

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2