PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Bricked phone? I have MightyRom on my phone and it wont load past the TP2 screen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133062)

Harry408 09-04-2010 12:25 PM

Bricked phone? I have MightyRom on my phone and it wont load past the TP2 screen

Everything was working fine and I had MightyRom on my phone for over 1 year with no issues. Then last night I did a soft reset, and now it wont load past the Touch Pro 2 black screen. It just keeps resetting itself. I tried to do a hard reset, but it has the same results.

I tried flashing another rom on it, but every time I plug in my cord to the phone, the light wont come on so there's no connection. Plus, I dont think Active Sync is working.

Can someone help?

banzaiwolfe 09-04-2010 12:29 PM

Re: Bricked phone? I have MightyRom on my phone and it wont load past the TP2 screen

Can you get into the bootloader? You can flash from microSD as well.

Edit: Read this thread for how to do that - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95375

horndoctor 09-04-2010 02:43 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Enter bootloader and flash shipped rom and reset.
Then flash back to Mighty.

Harry408 09-04-2010 04:23 PM

Re: Bricked phone? I have MightyRom on my phone and it wont load past the TP2 screen

thanks banzaiwolfe, I'm reading up on it right now.

Horndoctor, my laptop isnt recognizing my phone so I cant flash roms using my PC.

fishingmedic 09-04-2010 05:30 PM

Can you get the phone into bootloader? If you can, it should say serial in the bottom of the screen, then connect to the usb cord and it should change to USB, you shoudl then be able to flash a rom from your pc. Flashing from sd is also very easy, just extract the nbh file from the ROM of your choice, put it in the root of the sd card, get it into bootloader and flash away. There's also an app that was created my Wideawake that will basically do it for you as long as the nbh is on the root of the sd card.

Harry408 09-04-2010 05:40 PM

So I flashed the stock Sprint 6.5 rom using the SD card method, but I still have the same problem as before. Now, it's just stuck on the first white HTC splash page... but those numbers on the bottom wont show up. It just keeps resetting itself from there. Any thoughts?

spectheintro 09-04-2010 06:16 PM

Go into bootloader, flash Task29. Then go back into bootloader, flash stock Sprint ROM. If that doesn't work, something's probably fried somewhere. You sure all you did was soft reset? Seems strange that it would hang like this out of the blue.

Harry408 09-05-2010 12:46 AM

I was using my phone and then it was acting sluggish so I powered it off. After a couple of minutes, I powered it back on and that's when the constant restart happened.

All I had installed on the phone was MightyRom, Cookie Home Tab, Sprint TV, Opera Mini 5, S2U2, and S2P. And I didnt do any registry edits or tinker with anything else. I really dont know what might have caused it.

mrstak 09-30-2010 07:33 PM

I'm having the same issues now. Phone was fine then this morning on the train I felt it vibrating all the time so I checked it and it kept restarting. Would just show the TP2 screen then restart. Once in a while it'll get to the white screen but it would just hang there. I was using an April Energy ROM and it was fine before today. I took out the battery, plugged it in at work and it worked for the day and now it just started doing that again. I'm stumped.

horndoctor 09-30-2010 07:36 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrstak
I'm having the same issues now. Phone was fine then this morning on the train I felt it vibrating all the time so I checked it and it kept restarting. Would just show the TP2 screen then restart. Once in a while it'll get to the white screen but it would just hang there. I was using an April Energy ROM and it was fine before today. I took out the battery, plugged it in at work and it worked for the day and now it just started doing that again. I'm stumped.

Have you tried flashing the shipped rom from bootloader?