PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 01:35 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: HELP! Flashing Rom cable out..

right when you update a rom it will kill the activesync connection and just switch over to usb. y did you take out the battery for after flashing? and did the update say it was successful?

Now i dont know if this is possible but it almost sounds like youve in someway managed to flash 2 roms to the phone.

Might just have become a fancy paper weight...

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10

Last edited by ooxteme; 07-22-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
no matter what he can manually.
Doesn't sound like he can now though, lol.

OP: If you can get it into bootloader, just flash a new ROM via sd card. There's a thread in the update forum on how to do it, it's easy and painfree and no need to worry about usb cables coming undone. It's the only way I flash now since Darren told me how!
Old 07-22-2010, 05:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

it really doesn't make sense that this happened from flashing a custom rom. even if it was the wrong type (gsm or cdma). still should be able to put it into bootloader. weird stuff goin on there.

Hey OP...can you show us which rom exactly you flashed?

Last edited by razorloves; 07-22-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2
Carrier: Vodafone AU
Threadstarter

benjimanute is a n00b
Smile Re: HELP! Flashing Rom cable out..

Update:

It wouldn't go into bootloader at all for a little while, it wouldn't turn on so i took out the battery for about 2 minutes or so and thankfully it now turned on.
I read some posts that would say even if while plugged into the pc active sync won't run but it will still recognize the phone, so i ran the Energyrom update utility and flashed it, that immeditatley got rid of the frozen bootloader screen. Hopefully this helps anyone if a error occurs in flashing, or if you disconnect before the update is complete, thanks all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
bricked