PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 09:09 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Question about stealth tethering using WMWifiRouter

the "fix cab" give you the "SPrint" option..

and i see what your saying, here a great stickie for tethering: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78502&page=2
Old 07-21-2010, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ToUCHPRo 2
Carrier: sprint

dubmang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dubmang Send a message via Yahoo to dubmang

so im still lost on all of this..

i just dll the wmwifirouter, and i dll and installed that ics_wmobil.fix cab. once both are installed i can just click on the internet sharing app and im free to go?
Old 07-22-2010, 10:04 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubmang View Post

i just dll the wmwifirouter, and i dll and installed that ics_wmobil.fix cab. once both are installed i can just click on the internet sharing app and im free to go?
well internet sharing(ICS-usb connect) and wmwifirouter(wifi,usb,BT connect) are 2 different apps.. but answer is still yes, you should be able to use either now
Old 07-22-2010, 12:45 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

easy way : Get a unlimited data plan install either or and surf away

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 07-22-2010, 01:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

PapaPrem is keeping up the good workPapaPrem is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubmang View Post

If you download a free version of WMWifiRouter (not the trial), you don't need to do any regedits or install the ICS_and_WModem_Fix cab. WMWifiRouter takes care of everything for you. However, after testing things out yesterday, I noticed that when connecting with a USB cable using the stock ICS (at least on my Sprint Touch Pro 2), it seems to give me better speeds than any of the connection options on WMWifiRouter (3G to USB or 3G to Wifi.) Only problem for me is that the stock ICS doesn't give me the Sprint or Phone As Modem option.

Last edited by PapaPrem; 07-22-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:54 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

PapaPrem is keeping up the good workPapaPrem is keeping up the good work

Alrite fellas, I think I finally got the proper way to stealth tether/connect using ICS. In my case, I wasn't able to find anybody who had all the exact correct steps. I followed a few of the steps that forum member "Boo Boo" posted. However, some steps were missing. The following steps will work for TP2 users who are using the stock 6.5 Sprint Rom:

1) Install DotFred's TaskManager. After install, start the program and go to the "Services" tab. Find "CM Guardian", click and hold it and then press stop. Once again, click and hold "CMGuardian" and select "Set Manual". Exit out of the program.

Soft Reset

2) Install the ICS_and_WModem_Fix cab that is attatched below.

3) Using a Registry Editor, edit the following:

Delete the "isext.dll" entry located here:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Extension="isexy.dll"

Change ForceCellConnection to Sprint, if it is not already done so:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
ForceCellConnection="Sprint"

You may have to create this DWORD entry if it is not already there:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
MaxCMCon=0

I didn't need to make any changes here as it was already done. But you might have to:

[HKLM\Services\CMGuaridan]
Flags = 4 (it's a DWORD Value. if it doesn't exist. you need to create it)

Change the following if needed. If you are missing some of these entries, don't worry. There is no need to create them:
[HKLM\Software\OEM\WModem]
CheckProfile = 0
Multi-NAI = 0
WModemDUN = 0

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\InternetSharing]
LastCellConnection = Sprint

Soft Reset

4) Then go into the Windows directory on your phone using a File Explorer and make a backup copy of the IntShr.exe file and save it to another directory. This will be your backup to save just in case you have any problems in the future.

Then go back to the Windows directory and make a copy of IntShrUI.exe. Save it to another directory. Then rename the IntShrUI.exe copied file to IntShr.exe . Copy that file and place it back into the Windows directory. A prompt will pop up asking if you want to overwrite the existing file. Select "Overwrite." You will get a message stating that this is a ROM file and it is dangerous blah blah. Ignore that. The reason to do all of this is because the original IntShr.exe is not protected against tethering and doesn't offer the Sprint/Phone As Modem option. This is what I mean:

That is also the same file that pops up when you select Internet Sharing whenever you connect your phone to your PC using USB. You don't want that. BY making these changes, now every time you connect your phone to your PC via USB, and you select Internet Sharing, it will start up the correct ICS file. This is the screen you want popping up:

Now, Reboot.

5) You should make sure to turn "Data Connection" on in the Comm Manager. Connect your phone via USB cable to your PC. When the selection screen pops up on your phone (ActiveSync, Disk Drive, Internet Sharing), make sure to select Internet Sharing.
Select Sprint under type of connection, if it is not already selected.
Hit Connect In the Internet Sharing application, although it may connect automatically.

6) You're done. I know that's quite a few steps, but this was the way that it fully worked for me. If you want Wi-Fi tethering, you can install one of the numerous Wi-Fi cabs that are floating around. But do so after you finish these steps. Hope this can help someone out.
Attached Files
File Type: cab ICS_and_WModem_Fix.cab (84.8 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by PapaPrem; 07-22-2010 at 11:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touchpro 2
Carrier: us cellular

kripticvib is a n00b

why cant i get my ps3 to connect with any of the wifirouter software?
Old 03-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

proch is a n00b

Just my 2 cents... I bought WMWifiRouter back when it cost $30 and I have to say that it's probably the best $30 I've ever spent on a piece of software. It's fantastic when we go skiing up north and I can set the thing up and everyone gets internet access on their laptops - definitely earns my phone the "Wow" factor.

As for installing any separate cabs, I didn't have to. I'd suggest just installing WMWifiRouter first and see if it works. If it doesn't, you can troubleshoot from there.

Between this and Google Maps with GPS and an internet connection, I can't think of anything that makes my phone a more incredibly useful device.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2