PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: vzw

cozmic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
brick?

please excuse the cross posting, but i'm desparate for an answer.
my tp2 touch screen stopped working, so i'm getting a new one via extended warranty and have to send my old one back. so i need to flash the stock rom back and have it relocked.
the steps i took in this process are:
1) loaded a custom rom and it was working.
2) tried to install the relocker - it got stuck on a white screen "loading......" i read in another thread that the phone has to be locked before i can load the stock vzw rom which is why i did'nt load the stock rom before relocking. (i did try to install the stock rom but it wouldn't work, which is why i started at step 1 above (reload a custom rom))
3) now i can't install anything. in the tri-color screen it gives me an error message, but i can't read it before it goes to "loading....." again.

is there any help for this? i doubt i can send it back to vzw like this.

thanks in advance!
Old 04-10-2011, 12:34 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: brick?

stock roms need no unlocking or locking to be flashed..
Old 04-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

Try flashing from the SD. That sometimes helps. Don't worry about locking until you get a rom on there.

Also you can still re-try all of your attempts, but take the battery out for a few minutes. Sometimes fixes weird issues, and stuck data.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cozmic is a n00b

that's what i thought (about the stock rom) , but the fact is i can't flash anything right now (from the SD or USB) and need to get something on before i send it back and can't get it to go past the "loading..." screen

post 293 in the following link is where it says to lock phone before flashing stock rom

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...ml#post1824538

Last edited by cozmic; 04-10-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

What rom(s) you trying to get on there at this point? When it sticks at loading, is it in the installation process, or not even off the bootloader screen. You should be able to lock from the SD too. Either way, did your cord short or anything when you were doing this? The last time I had an issue similar to this, my cord, that if I move lightly at all, shorts out and disconnect/reconnects causing my flash to become corrupt and stuck.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:51 PM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

If the phone is not booting up past the tri-color or "Splash" screen don't worry about it. They will just take it to be a defunct phone. Such as I prefer to run a Task 29 and then re-lock the phone. And take it to Sprint becauseit won't boot up anymore.... (Nevermind the scratched screen - they do not affect everday use...LOL)
Old 04-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

from what I've been reading , and from what sprint told me , not sure if it applies to verizon , but through extended warranty , you don't have to flash back to stock through extended warranty . its only manufacturer warranty you have to be locked on a stock rom .
Old 04-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Turn off your device. Push and hold volume down button and while you hold that button down push and hold power button until you see bootloader. Flash the shipped exe rom from bootloader and then run relocker.

Last edited by horndoctor; 04-10-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cozmic is a n00b

thanks for all the tips but everything i try does the same thing

error on bootloader (tricolor screen) then freezes on "loading..."

it does it for a hard reset and both an nstall rom or relock from from SD

my computer won't recognize the phone- so nothing with a usb will work

maybe i'll just send it back that way and hope for the best.

i thought maybe there was something else i could try from the SD
Old 04-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I think when you ran the relocker it fubard it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2