PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

IIVisionII is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SD card is possibly linked to sleep of death (SOD) on TP2

I've been looking at every post on the sleep of death over the past few weeks since my new TP2 has the problem. I couldn't find any solution, including switching roms, hard formats, and what not.

I then heard someone say on one board that it might be linked to the micro sd card. I was using a Transcend 8 gb class 6 micro sd when I was having the problems. I switched to my older kingston 4gb class 4 card and I haven't had the problem for 2 days, after having it every single day for the past couple of weeks.

I figured this might be helpful information for other people that can't fix the problem any other way. It's worth a try to try other cards and I figured people could post in here what SD card they use and whether they get SOD or not to see if that might be a cause.

I think it's important to note that I formatted the SD card, but transferred the same information over to it from the transcend.

So just to start off:
Transcend 6gb class 6 - Sleep of death (daily)
Kingston 4gb class 4 - No sleep of death (at least so far)
Old 05-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

when i had it happen it was the 1 that came with the phone .. also i was running stock rom with some tweaks
Old 05-21-2010, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IIVisionII is a n00b
Re: SD card is possibly linked to sleep of death (SOD) on TP2

Oh, what comes with the phone. I should mention i'm on Sprint TP2 and it doesn't come with a memory card.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

OMG like there are not enough SOD thread's already for the love of god stop making new one's and post about them in the existing threads.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IIVisionII is a n00b

Thanks for helping out Wesley... Obviously you're not having the problem or else you would appreciate someone offering suggestions as to what could make their phone usable.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

im also on sprint & mine came with one .. so many ppl have their thoughts on what causes it, half a$$ fixes n such .... i said a long while ago its just 1 a them issues the tp2 is prone to have. .jus like tp1 & the failing keyboards. just my thought. wesley got a point, but man sometimes catchin up on those threads while browsing on my tp2 gets annoying at times lol
Old 05-22-2010, 03:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

pokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Wesley being very douchey just because his phone doesn't have this problem.

This is a forum for people to ask questions/offer solutions for their phones so this thread is perfectly adequate.

My phone has SOD with or without SD card. I'm using a kingston 4 gig class 4 card btw.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpot View Post
Wesley being very douchey just because his phone doesn't have this problem.

This is a forum for people to ask questions/offer solutions for their phones so this thread is perfectly adequate.

My phone has SOD with or without SD card. I'm using a kingston 4 gig class 4 card btw.
You want Help????? (Really you have to go down to the level of name calling?)

Here are several threads already dedicated to SOD, The Whole point of keeping topic's in the same thread is you as a group can work on a answer. making a bunch of different threads is difficult to keep track of and keep the information together. Ya sooo some of them are 20 or 30 pages long but you say you don't want to read them all? well doesn't that kind of defeat's the whole purpose of the Forum all together, the information is right there but you don't want to read it cause it's to long? Well how much harder is it to try and find several different post on the subject when the information is all over the place. I am trying to help by encouraging everyone to keep all the information is one place so people can find it easer.

Personally I would like to see a Mod move all the SOD threads together to make it easer for everyone to research the issue as a whole.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ht=Sleep+death

Old 05-22-2010, 11:43 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

In my expierence, the SOD is caused by software in the rom. Most recently a set of taskbar's I was trying that didn't get along with the rest of my rom...

Old 05-22-2010, 12:02 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIVisionII View Post
So just to start off:
Transcend 6gb class 6 - Sleep of death (daily)
Kingston 4gb class 4 - No sleep of death (at least so far)
A-Data 16GB Class 6 - never a problem with SOD. (But I can't flash from it)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2