PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

karossii is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This model of phone is not supported...

Hello all!

I got a Sprint TP2 a short while ago, and based on what I'd read online (specifically about tethering) immediately flashed it to MightyROM 6.5. So I never actually used the normal Sprint version of the phone. I followed all the intructions very carefully, and haven't had a single problem with the phone or any apps I have used.

But I have recently been running into the same issue repeatedly, and I am starting to wonder if it might be because of MightyROM. Several apps I have tried to download are not actually downloading when I click the link, instead giving me an error to the effect of my phone model not being supported. In a couple of cases, this may be the actual problem - i.e. one of the apps (one of the more important ones, in fact) lists the Touch Pro as supported, but doesn't mention the Touch Pro 2 - I assumed if it supports the one, it should support the other...maybe that is my problem there.

But others are supposed to work on any Windows Mobile Device, or actually list the TP2 as supported, and I still get some variation of the error that my phone model isn't supported.

So... is this due to me having MightyROM instead of the normal Sprint Windows Mobile? If so, how can I fix it - hopefully without flashing back to the basic Sprint ROM?

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: This model of phone is not supported...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karossii View Post
Hello all!

I got a Sprint TP2 a short while ago, and based on what I'd read online (specifically about tethering) immediately flashed it to MightyROM 6.5. So I never actually used the normal Sprint version of the phone. I followed all the intructions very carefully, and haven't had a single problem with the phone or any apps I have used.

But I have recently been running into the same issue repeatedly, and I am starting to wonder if it might be because of MightyROM. Several apps I have tried to download are not actually downloading when I click the link, instead giving me an error to the effect of my phone model not being supported. In a couple of cases, this may be the actual problem - i.e. one of the apps (one of the more important ones, in fact) lists the Touch Pro as supported, but doesn't mention the Touch Pro 2 - I assumed if it supports the one, it should support the other...maybe that is my problem there.

But others are supposed to work on any Windows Mobile Device, or actually list the TP2 as supported, and I still get some variation of the error that my phone model isn't supported.

So... is this due to me having MightyROM instead of the normal Sprint Windows Mobile? If so, how can I fix it - hopefully without flashing back to the basic Sprint ROM?

Thanks!
It is Not MightyROM, its built directly from the Carrier builds. Can you get into specific's of exactly what programs will not install?

Old 06-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

+1 on what Wes said.

Also, which MightyROM are you running? I'm using Full Force which is 6.5.x, and I get messages from some apps (i.e. Bing) that my device is not fully supported but "should" still work.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

karossii is a n00b

I got the basic or generic or whatever MightyROM from this site, v6.5.

As to which apps, well the most important is a credit card processing app from intuit (the one that says it supports TP, but doesn't list the TP2).

Others which aren't nearly as important are Google's GPS app, a Gmail app, a Facebook app, Fandango's movie time app, and 4 or 5 others I can't remembers, they were either similar little fun utilities or small games...
Old 06-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Those sound very java'ey to me. Might want to link to the exact apps so we can know whether to tell you to install the newest Java or offer a better alternative.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2