PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 07:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Sprint

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I turn my screen off another way?

Is there a way to turn the screen off another way besides the top power button? For instance lets say I send a txt and want to turn off the screen right away, do I have an option to assign it to a button, or is there a tweak that I can do where I can just maybe even tap an icon on the screen?

I'm not looking to totally shut the phone off, just turn the screen off a more convenient way then the top button.

I had a Treo before, and the power button was right by the keys and screen, so you could even do a one hand deal and hit the button to turn it off.

I just thought about this option when I had my phone on my bed, sent one last text one handed with the right hand while the phone was still on the bed, but then went...this will be tricky to get to the power button to turn the screen off.

I noticed the button on the far right of the phone. Don't have my manual in front of me, so I dont know if it is an "end" button, but with a single click, it doesn't seem to do anything. I figured a registry hack could assign this button to turn the screen off with a press of it.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell
Re: Can I turn my screen off another way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
Is there a way to turn the screen off another way besides the top power button? For instance lets say I send a txt and want to turn off the screen right away, do I have an option to assign it to a button, or is there a tweak that I can do where I can just maybe even tap an icon on the screen?

I'm not looking to totally shut the phone off, just turn the screen off a more convenient way then the top button.

I had a Treo before, and the power button was right by the keys and screen, so you could even do a one hand deal and hit the button to turn it off.

I just thought about this option when I had my phone on my bed, sent one last text one handed with the right hand while the phone was still on the bed, but then went...this will be tricky to get to the power button to turn the screen off.

I noticed the button on the far right of the phone. Don't have my manual in front of me, so I dont know if it is an "end" button, but with a single click, it doesn't seem to do anything. I figured a registry hack could assign this button to turn the screen off with a press of it.

Try using this tool. It's a patched keyboard driver with configurator application for keys setup. Any key (yeah, i mean ANY, including Home and Back keys) can be reassigned to perform desired actions. Keys on a QWERTY keyboard are not an exception, they might be remapped too.

Read here for more info

Features:
Different event types supported: single and double clicks, long presses
Two modes of key mapping: three actions per key or direct key mapping
Key repeats in direct key mapping mode
Key combinations using FN modifier
Default key behaviour action - you won't loose key's default behaviour if you just want to add double click or long press to it
Different key behaviour depending on foreground process/window class/window text
Multiple rules for each key to provide different behaviour for each application you want
Different predefined actions:
Run program
Key press emulation
Send symbol/text to active window
Close active window
Switch to window by class/text
Terminate data connection
Wi-Fi toggle
BT toggle
Screen rotation
Power management (screen power toggle, suspend, reset)
Exceptions lists which are used to deny key remapping depending on foreground process/window class/window text
Configurable long press and double click duration
Configuration import/export in configurator
Attached Files
File Type: cab RhodiumKbdControl_CDMA.CAB (377.4 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab SdkCerts.CAB (4.6 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 10-09-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor

So whats it do?
Old 10-09-2009, 10:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc585 View Post
So whats it do?
pretty much remaps any key you want, to do any function you want

~John
Old 10-09-2009, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

Make sure to install SDKcerts before the above cab. I'll test it and report back.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mountainwampus...Let me know if it works, and i'll give it a try if it does.

Or if anyone is already using it.

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2009, 12:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

The KB remapper works fantastic.

I haven't tried to add a different button to turn it off as I have no reason to, but it has worked perfectly for the things I have used it for.

~John
Old 10-09-2009, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
mountainwampus...Let me know if it works, and i'll give it a try if it does.

Or if anyone is already using it.

Thanks!
So far I tried mapping the mute button and the windows/start button to screen power toggle and suspend device. "Suspend device" works for turning off the screen but will not work to turn it back on (this is probably what your looking for.) "Screen power toggle" is a bit glitchy because it turns the screen off and back on, but only for a split second. Glitchy.
I say give it a try. Seems to be a powerful editor, and easy to restore default settings.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah, it would be nice to turn it off and on from that button on the far right of the phone. I may try it and see how glitchy it is, but if you cant turn off and on, i'm not sure.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kwickag is a n00b

The top power button only puts into sleep mode, so I would think that is what you are looking for. I use it all the time and still get emails essages and calls, it wake right up when they come in or when I push the button again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2