PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Google Search Opera from SPANISH to ENGLISH (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123055)

sonysw 05-31-2010 09:47 AM

Google Search Opera from SPANISH to ENGLISH

For some reason, my google search in the internet default is running the search in spanish. Do you know how to default it back to English ? I am running stock rom 6.5 Sprint. I would greatly appreciate your help.

boredandtattooed 05-31-2010 10:24 AM

Re: Google Search Opera in from SPANISH to ENGLISH

odd.. happened to me the other day too... it loaded in mobile for some reason... i hit classic, it switched, then i just remember there was an english option on that page somewhere.. its there tho.. you dont have to know spanish to identify the word that looks like english on there

haus 05-31-2010 10:34 AM

It's an error on Google's part. I blogged about this awhile back:
Quote:

This is probably because Google is incorrectly guessing your location/nationality based on the IP address assigned to you by your mobile carrier. Try accessing the site from a WiFi connection and Google will probably detect your correct location. At least it worked for me…
Google often thinks my Sprint-assigned IP address is in a Spanish speaking region.

sonysw 05-31-2010 10:52 AM

Thanks--I guess no fix at the moment. I probably should learn spanish :)

boredandtattooed 05-31-2010 11:47 AM

its on the google screen i promise

demonlordoftheround 05-31-2010 12:21 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-gb; HTC Legend Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote:

Originally Posted by haus
It's an error on Google's part. I blogged about this awhile back:
Quote:

This is probably because Google is incorrectly guessing your location/nationality based on the IP address assigned to you by your mobile carrier. Try accessing the site from a WiFi connection and Google will probably detect your correct location. At least it worked for me…
Google often thinks my Sprint-assigned IP address is in a Spanish speaking region.

You're in Miami? LOL

cmdauria 05-31-2010 04:01 PM

Re: Google Search Opera from SPANISH to ENGLISH

Just go to the google homepage. Hit settings, then change the first option under general settings back to english! Don't forget to hit save when you are done.

cd85233 05-31-2010 04:16 PM

haha! this happens to me all the time. I didn't think about google thinking sprint had a spanish area IP...I just thought our phones had a ethnicity sensor lol.

CaliforniaPlaya 05-31-2010 05:09 PM

This randomly comes and goes on my TP2 and it did on my TP as well. Its just odd because it seems to be inconsistent, even though I am connected through Sprint. Glad to know the cause now.

sonysw 06-01-2010 11:44 AM

I did change this to English setting and saved. The only different is that I have english menu on the bottom after changing the setup but the search is still in spanish.