PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ulysses is keeping up the good workulysses is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ulysses
lost all contacts with remove partnership...

so, i'm out of town with my laptop, never really sync my phone with that.. being a rom junkie i figured i'll d/l the latest and greatest... i hooked up my phone to my laptop (win7) and it said ialready have 2 partnerships going and to delete one. well, i removed both not thinking it was going to clear ALL of my contacts.... it did... is there anyway i can recover them? i wont be home untill later this week to sync it with my desktop...

also.. did i just lose all the contacts on my desktop since i removed the partnership with my desktop and my phone?

thanks,
-u
Old 05-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: lost all contacts with remove partnership...

Do you back up with Microsoft MyPhone? If so, you can go online to myphone.microsoft.com and restore them all back to your phone.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
so, i'm out of town with my laptop, never really sync my phone with that.. being a rom junkie i figured i'll d/l the latest and greatest... i hooked up my phone to my laptop (win7) and it said ialready have 2 partnerships going and to delete one. well, i removed both not thinking it was going to clear ALL of my contacts.... it did... is there anyway i can recover them? i wont be home untill later this week to sync it with my desktop...

also.. did i just lose all the contacts on my desktop since i removed the partnership with my desktop and my phone?

thanks,
-u
Good news is, everything on your Desktop should be fine, bad news is unless you got them backed up some other way that you can restore them, your stuck till you get home to your desktop.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

ulysses is keeping up the good workulysses is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Do you back up with Microsoft MyPhone? If so, you can go online to myphone.microsoft.com and restore them all back to your phone.
no, but i might now... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Good news is, everything on your Desktop should be fine, bad news is unless you got them backed up some other way that you can restore them, your stuck till you get home to your desktop.
that's what i thought..
since all my txt were still on my phone, i saved the mumbers as "NameTemp".. so is there a way to have both computers equally sync with my phone?
and how can i see the partnerships on my phone it self?

thank you.
-u
Old 05-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
no, but i might now... lol

that's what i thought..
since all my txt were still on my phone, i saved the mumbers as "NameTemp".. so is there a way to have both computers equally sync with my phone?
and how can i see the partnerships on my phone it self?

thank you.
-u
Honestly the best thing that I would recommend is if you are not using a work Exchange setup is to get your self setup with Gmail and use Google Sync. Move all your contact's into a Gmail account and you have your own exchange setup so when things like this happen all you have to do is re setup active sync on your phone and in a few minutes you have all your contacts back.

I have not used Active Sync on the desktop for along long time, it always caused issues for me in the past, double contacts triple calender appointments and all that.

That would be my best recommendation.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2