PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Would I be able to upgrade my Touch pro 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campos21 View Post
Would I be able to upgrade my Htc touch pro 2, into the Htc EVO? for sprint?
As Wesley762 said, you can buy it. Sprint will never turn down you buying it...

If you want a free swap to it you can count that out. Even if the TP2 was discontinued and you did the swap at the right time these forums get flooded with you wouldn't get an EVO. The EVO is not a comparable phone to the Touch Pro 2 in the eyes of Sprint. The TP2 is a business phone and the EVO is a consumer phone.

So the only way is to BUY IT!

And guess what? You knew that before you came here. As after all, that's how our society works. We reward those who make or do stuff of value to us by paying them money. Our society isn't built on theft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
Do not mind paying for the phone but not for 50% extra a month and having a extra phone.
Then skip the phone. The cost of the phone isn't just in the sticker price. In business we love to see an item for its true cost. We even give it a very clear name, TCO (Total Cost of Ownership).

TCO includes the price you pay for the hardware, the service to power the phone, any accessories you need for it, etc. It includes every dollar you have to spend to use and maintain that device over the lifetime of the device.

If the TCO of the phone exceeds the value to you then you don't buy it...
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail

Last edited by frazell; 05-24-2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Clarification and post consolidation
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

m1dwestrep is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
of course...

**edit** also if your TP2 is in good condition with all the cords, manuals, etc Best BUy will give you around $175 for it in a gift card - easily used towards the Evo price... NOte - if u want cash, its half as much they give you almost
how do you go about having best buy give you 175 for it?
Old 05-24-2010, 07:29 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1dwestrep View Post
how do you go about having best buy give you 175 for it?
I am guessing its a trade in program of some sorts.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

m1dwestrep is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
I am guessing its a trade in program of some sorts.
yep. found it. heres the link for anyone else interested. http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/calculators.cfm . Unfortunately its only if the phone was purchased at best buy.

Last edited by m1dwestrep; 05-25-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc touch pro 2
Threadstarter

Campos21 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762
Quote:
Alright, so I have had the TP2 for like 4 months now, and been on a contract for a year and 2 months..Is there like any possibility that I can trade it in for the Evo? Or upgrade w/e?
Sure PAY for it, they are not just going to swap you out for it just cause you want it. Is there something actually wrong with your TP2 or you just got upgradeidus?
There is nothing wrong with it, Evo just looks amaaazing..lol, so I can't trade in my TP2 for like a discount or something on the Evo?
Old 05-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

There is nothing wrong with it, Evo just looks amaaazing..lol, so I can't trade in my TP2 for like a discount or something on the Evo?
So is there anything you don't understand about the word NO?
Old 05-25-2010, 04:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc touch pro 2
Threadstarter

Campos21 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762
Quote:

Well I didn't read the other posts because I was on my phone, so maybe you should stfu? Thanks
Old 05-25-2010, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Unaufhaltsam is keeping up the good workUnaufhaltsam is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Unaufhaltsam Send a message via Yahoo to Unaufhaltsam Send a message via Skype™ to Unaufhaltsam

Quote:
Can't have your Cake and eat it to, just saying.
Way off topic but what kind of person gets a cake and doesn't eat it? My bad I got problems. Carry on.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:

Well I didn't read the other posts because I was on my phone, so maybe you should stfu? Thanks
OK so what is the Point of making a thread and not reading it? and really a violent response to that? anger management needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaufhaltsam View Post
Way off topic but what kind of person gets a cake and doesn't eat it? My bad I got problems. Carry on.
It's just a saying and been around for YEAR'S.

Copied below from a WIKI

To have one's cake and eat it too is a popular English idiomatic proverb or figure of speech, sometimes stated as eat one's cake and have it too or simply have one's cake and eat it. It is most often used negatively, meaning an individual owning a thing, and still attempting to benefit from or use it. It may also indicate having or wanting more than one can handle or deserve, or trying to have two incompatible things. The proverb's meaning is similar to the phrases, "you can't have it both ways" and "you can't have the best of both worlds."
As an example, an individual who is engaged to marry someone but is still dating others romantically would be said to be having one's cake and eating it too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Quote:
Let's keep it civil guys, nothing to be gained by getting e-mad

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2