PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 03:16 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What should I use my upgrade on?

If you need something absolutely now, I'd vote for the Incredible,

if you want/can wait my brother that works in a VZW call center mentioned there are 6 phones launching in the next month however he didn't say what they were and I know 2 of the 6 are the Kins, I'd pass, but I don't know if the other 4 are worth waiting for
or if you can wait long term i'd wait til fall to see what happens with Windows Phone 7
Old 05-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i just found out at the sprint store im eligible for full upgrade. im likely going to try the evo .. only thing is trying to adjust to no hardware keyboard. any phones coming out with one anytime soon that r good ?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:56 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i just found out at the sprint store im eligible for full upgrade. im likely going to try the evo .. only thing is trying to adjust to no hardware keyboard. any phones coming out with one anytime soon that r good ?
probably but none that no one knows of. i think the only piece of sprint's roadmap that's out in the open right now is the Evo and the Nexus One

update: just like VZW dumped the N1 for the Incredible sprint has scraped support the N1 in favor of shipping exclusively with the Evo
http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/10/s...vor-of-evo-4g/

Last edited by jbearamus; 05-10-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:08 AM
Almost a VIP

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

evo is being hyped up as the best phone & its said 4g will available by me(jersey shore)alot sooner then later. seems like a no brainer but im def. gonna hold on to my tp2 till im & if im completely satisfied.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:07 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

Quote:

evo is being hyped up as the best phone & its said 4g will available by me(jersey shore)alot sooner then later. seems like a no brainer but im def. gonna hold on to my tp2 till im & if im completely satisfied.
but at the same time yeah its the best for now, but if they're already launching one 4g phone there's others on the way so in a few months there will probably be something else with 4g anyway which eliminates the Evo's main selling point.
its the cardinal rule of electronics, something better is just around the corner
Old 05-10-2010, 02:51 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
probably but none that no one knows of. i think the only piece of sprint's roadmap that's out in the open right now is the Evo and the Nexus One
they've got at least 2 more 4g phones coming out by years end, a htc and a samsung. maybe wp7, maybe android nobody knows yet.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:10 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
nobody knows yet.
exactly

anyway, what i'm hoping for if we're gonna make a wish list is something with a physical keyboard, WP7 or android, and made by HTC, then we'll see what happens
Old 05-10-2010, 03:23 AM
Almost a VIP

thinkin on it now. . . EVERYONE i know without a physical keyboard complains how onscreen typing sux ... the only ones that dont are the ppl who cant admit to owning something that sux. a quality proven onscreen keyboard id give a fair chance if there was a quality d-pad to go with it
Old 05-10-2010, 04:13 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

Quote:

thinkin on it now. . . EVERYONE i know without a physical keyboard complains how onscreen typing sux ... the only ones that dont are the ppl who cant admit to owning something that sux. a quality proven onscreen keyboard id give a fair chance if there was a quality d-pad to go with it
the keyboard on the Hero was nice but in my opinion still doesn't match a physical keyboard, didn't have a dpad but at least it had the trackball, where the evo doesn't even have that. it does however have directional buttons on the on screen keyboard ala tp2 post 6.5 upgrade but they're not a pad they're either column or row. i can't stand them on my TP2 but on the Evo they might be ok
Old 05-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Almost a VIP

sprint is the only carrier in my area that have 100% real working phones & not sum fake plastic replica so i can at least play around with it to see if it has a chance to enter my world

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2