PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   My screen only turns on when I take battery out and put back in, help please (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120290)

nrfitchett4 05-22-2010 04:11 AM

Re: My screen only turns on when I take battery out and put back in, help please

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerpot (Post 1766766)
I don't know how you could have missed people talking about the SOD, it was even a story featured on the main page. It may be a minority, but I don't think it's a small minority.

My phone has been doing this since the 6.5 upgrade - constantly. It's incredibly frustrating.

then why don't you flash back to 6.1??? it's there in the stickies of the custom ROM section.

problem solved.

scoot0073 05-22-2010 11:58 AM

Re: My screen only turns on when I take battery out and put back in, help please

i have tha same problem.. sometimes when i power tha screen off not tha phone itself.. tha screen will not turn back on when i press tha power button.. i have pull tha batt and put it in and tha phone will power back up... so u not tha only 1 bro with this problem..

dbldwn02 05-23-2010 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1767165)
then why don't you flash back to 6.1??? it's there in the stickies of the custom ROM section.

problem solved.

Tried that and it's still not working. Problem not solved. I think 6.5 corrupted the phone somehow. I was running the stock rom so I don't know how it could just happen when I was only listening to music.

Pandaman 05-25-2010 02:22 PM

This worked for me. My TP2 used to freeze a lot just after looking at a text message thread in Windows Mobile threaded view (messages tab, all messages, tap on message thread). NOT the Manila threaded view that you see at the messages tab. Sometimes after opening up a text message thread in Windows Mobile threaded view, when I clicked the X in the corner, my device would get VERY slow or freeze and become unresponsive. Then the screen would time out and go dark and I'd need to remove the battery or press the red button under the cover to start it again.

So I changed the default WM text message view from threaded to classic (settings tab, other, text messaging), soft reset the phone and this completely went away. It has not froze or slowed down since I did this. To verify, I changed the default WM text message setting back to threaded, and the problem came back immediately. So for me, this seems to have fixed the problem of a freezing phone. I do like the threaded view and I can still see it if I want just by staying in Manila.

Even if you don't text much, try changing the default WM text message view from threaded to classic. Maybe there is some conflict between Manila's threaded view and the WM threaded view that causes the slow down or lock up. If this is true, then a lockup could happen even after a hard reset because the default setting for text messages in WM view is threaded and would need to be changed to classic.

Then again, I could be wrong :-)