PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   **BLACK HOLE 4 ANYTHING: WM 6-7, Android, sense, opinions, general gripes, off topic* (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119324)

QMeli907 04-27-2010 03:52 PM

Re: ****DISCUSSION: WM 6, 6.1, 6.5, 6.5.x, 7 opinions, KEEP OTHER THREADS ON SUBJECT*

Quote:

Originally Posted by champ052005 (Post 1722372)
Mighty does. Impact. Look it up on his website in the projects section. It works awesome

I used to run this for a long time but his latest Official ROM is 6.5 and MUCH faster and smoother than his one running 6.5.x, so that's the one I will use until one comes out that just as fast

JHComputerGuy 04-27-2010 07:17 PM

Re: ****DISCUSSION: WM 6, 6.1, 6.5, 6.5.x, 7 opinions, KEEP OTHER THREADS ON SUBJECT*

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1721550)
I like cheese! (to go with all the wine about to flow in here)

Hey, whining is fine.. As long as it is in this thread and keeps other threads on subject..

mlin 04-27-2010 07:24 PM

Would a WP7 port to a TP2 be legal? I know that we have already paid for versions of WM 6.X but to me this seems a little less legit. Just because I purchased Vista does not mean I am entitled to a copy of Windows 7 for free unless MS is willing to directly give me a copy and the rights to it. Thoughts?

Wesley762 04-27-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 1723026)
Would a WP7 port to a TP2 be legal? I know that we have already paid for versions of WM 6.X but to me this seems a little less legit. Just because I purchased Vista does not mean I am entitled to a copy of Windows 7 for free unless MS is willing to directly give me a copy and the rights to it. Thoughts?

I don't think it would be, you know how the Mighty M$ always wants it's cut. I am not condoning it just saying. It would be a pretty fine line, but the chances of MS coming and knocking down your front door would be pretty slim. I think that the worst that would happen would be MS makes them take it off the site if they disagreed with it.

JHComputerGuy 05-21-2010 08:22 PM

Geez, Windows Mobile I have just about had it with you and your problems.. I might just have to get the Evo when it comes out and not look back.. I just don't really know that WM7 can save Windows Mobile..

Kliptik 05-21-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHComputerGuy (Post 1766754)
Geez, Windows Mobile I have just about had it with you and your problems.. I might just have to get the Evo when it comes out and not look back.. I just don't really know that WM7 can save Windows Mobile..

Honestly, I think it's all gonna be about marketing as far as what WP7 does for Microsoft. Look at Apple... Much as I hate to admit it, when they launched the iPod, they weren't the first (or even the best) MP3 player on the market. So what did they do? They made it "cool" to have an iPod. now it doesnt matter what the competition can do as far as functionality, because nobody wants to be "uncool" with something besides an iPod.

I think Microsoft needs to get on the ball with marketing WP7, because I've looked into WP7 and as far as capability, it's amazing (besides no copy/paste <---WTC?) what it can do.

boredandtattooed 05-21-2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHComputerGuy (Post 1766754)

after what i saw the last 2 days out of the Google I/O, MS' mobile prgram is about to take a back seat permanantly..... Google has a far greater vision than MS has ever had... MS isnt careful and theyll lose more than just the mobile phone battle... if they didnt have the windows OS, theyd be gone already IMO

xjack 05-22-2010 06:09 PM

From the sounds and early indications of what WP7 is going to be, I'm thinking...

Who cares if WP7 will run on the TP2? Sounds like a neutered version of the current stuff that's out there. Reminds me a lot in design and scope of that unmentionable fruity phone OS. Maybe I haven't read or seen enough of it, but it looks like while WP7 does more out of the box, the current WinMo versions offer more features and compatibility for my needs.

I'll ride WinMo 6.5 out until my new-every-two comes due (about 18 months from now) and then evaluate the best option for me. It may still be the TP2. Heck, I only just retired my Treo 700w a short while ago.

The realistic timeframe for WP7 with any amount of market traction is 2 years. That's assuming MS markets it correctly and it works well. If they can't launch it right or it's flakey, then it will fail.

IMHO, MS should be considering a beat-em/join-em/buy-em philosophy. HP made a great move with their acquisition of Palm, but they'll probably fumble it for awhile like they did with Compaq.

MS needs to work closer with device builders to build its phones, so that WP7 will come off to the public as a real option.

pmeunier 05-22-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1721588)
out of 16k posts, I'm sure you've never posted sarcasm!!!

SWEET!!!!!! only 6 posts in and already off topic..... must be some sort of a record!!!!!:headbang:

nrfitchett4 05-23-2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmeunier (Post 1768219)
SWEET!!!!!! only 6 posts in and already off topic..... must be some sort of a record!!!!!:headbang:

I do try!!!:twisted: