PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

DeputyStankus is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to Migrate from TP1 to TP2?

So, it finally happened: I convinced Sprint to upgrade me and the whiff from TP1's to TP2's--for free!

I was just wondering if there is anything I need to know about making this switch. Really it should just be a matter of backing up my PIM info, loading that onto the new phones, and making the tweaks I want from there, right?

If it matters, I run the latest version of the stock ROM.

Any recommendations on which of the free backup apps would work best, or anything else I should keep in mind for a smooth transition?

Thanks for all the help.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drnick5 is just getting started
Re: How to Migrate from TP1 to TP2?

I would HIGHLY recommend you set yourself up with a Gmail account. you can backup your calander, contacts and other important info to the account so when you get your new phone, all you do is plug in your gmail info and boom, it automatically download (I haven't personally done this with Gmail as I have an exchange server)
Old 04-06-2010, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sorry, but can you tell me more about this? Is there a particular Google mobile app that you're referring to? I don't understand how having a Gmail account would put the info on my HTC phone.

Also, I don't have phone numbers stored on my Gmail account, just e-mail addresses.

Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:50 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

get pim back up and back up ur stuff to there. then install on your new phone and restore...dont back up or restore text messages tho.

then once you got ur contacts backed up (the store can do this too) get the 6.5 upgrade and sync with microsoft myphone...

Help Me Help You
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
get pim back up and back up ur stuff to there. then install on your new phone and restore...dont back up or restore text messages tho.

then once you got ur contacts backed up (the store can do this too) get the 6.5 upgrade and sync with microsoft myphone...
Okay. I guess that was one of my concerns: whether or not PIM Backup could backup data on one phone and restore it to another.

If I backup everything with PIM Backup though, why would I need the store to back up my contacts?
Old 04-06-2010, 08:58 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeputyStankus View Post
Okay. I guess that was one of my concerns: whether or not PIM Backup could backup data on one phone and restore it to another.

If I backup everything with PIM Backup though, why would I need the store to back up my contacts?
Microsoft Myphone is the best app out for all of this...you can back up everything and more...check it out....it is installed on almost every custom rom out also...

http://sn1-p1.myphone.microsoft.com/...t.po?mkt=en-US
Old 04-06-2010, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

check it out mylookout.com

i store my contacts , pics ringtones , calander , and sms with it. restore every rom flash as well..

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cd85233 is becoming a great contributor

Google is def my favorite. I Don't have to sync my phone anymore! I don't know exactly what the service is called but you just sync your phone wirelessly through activesync so there is no need to install an app to download your info.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I ended up using Microsoft MyPhone. I will look into the Google option further but had to rush.

Thanks for all the input. It was pretty painless. Well, the data transfer was. My phones ended up being refurbs, so no screen protector, no extra stylus, and...NO SIM CARD! Oh, and one of the phones has little black spots on the screen that don't go away no matter what menu/app I'm in. But, that's all for another thread...
Old 04-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

+1 on Gmail. I got tired of Outlook crashing on me all the time, so I went to Thunderbird 3.0. But WMDC doesn't recognize it. So I use the sync in the phone and sync with my gmail account, all my contacts and appointments are stored there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2