PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2 No Longer Reading My 16gb Microsd (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117272)

deadwrong03 04-07-2010 12:34 AM

TP2 No Longer Reading My 16gb Microsd

I have a 16gb microsd card ive had since my touch pro days and today all of a sudden its not reading my card at all. ive hard reset twice and its still not reading the memory card. I've tried using other memory cards in the phone and they work fine, and i've put the same 16gb microsd card in a samsung omnia 2 and it reads the memory card on that phone just fine. any ideas as to whats wrong here? or anything i can do to fix this issue?

razorloves 04-07-2010 01:47 AM

Re: TP2 No Longer Reading My 16gb Microsd

hmmm...not sure bud. maybe try formating it.

CaliBoyPhillip 04-07-2010 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1685217)
hmmm...not sure bud. maybe try formating it.

^ second that, as well maybe hard reset the phone first without the sd card being in or flash to stock ROM? It may be useless advice but hey!.... but yeah back up the content of the sdcard and reformat it.

austin420 04-07-2010 01:54 AM

does any other device read the card. ie, when your in disk drive mode, does it show up on the computer?

CaliBoyPhillip 04-07-2010 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 1685229)
does any other device read the card. ie, when your in disk drive mode, does it show up on the computer?

I'm going to assume for him by his first post that yes :P

" i've put the same 16gb microsd card in a samsung omnia 2 and it reads the memory card on that phone just fine. "

hope this doesn't make me look like an ass :D

gTen 04-07-2010 02:05 AM

What format is the sd card partitioned as?

austin420 04-07-2010 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip (Post 1685233)
I'm going to assume for him by his first post that yes :P

" i've put the same 16gb microsd card in a samsung omnia 2 and it reads the memory card on that phone just fine. "

hope this doesn't make me look like an ass :D

ahhh! reading is key. thank you.

edit: ass. j/k :)

lnando84 04-07-2010 02:14 AM

Same thing used to happen to me. don't hard reset as stated above. the easiest way to fix is:
1st.. using any card reader copy everything from your storage card to your computer.
2nd.. format the storage card to fat32
3rd.. copy everything back to your card

your tp2 should now read the card

deadwrong03 04-07-2010 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnando84 (Post 1685255)
Same thing used to happen to me. don't hard reset as stated above. the easiest way to fix is:
1st.. using any card reader copy everything from your storage card to your computer.
2nd.. format the storage card to fat32
3rd.. copy everything back to your card

your tp2 should now read the card

this is where i run into problems at. When i put it in the card reader then plug it into my laptop it shows all my files on the card, but when i right click on something to copy or drag things to my desktop the windows file explorer freezes and says "Not Responding" and never lets me copy anything off of the memory card. am i screwed over here?

lnando84 04-07-2010 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadwrong03 (Post 1685265)
this is where i run into problems at. When i put it in the card reader then plug it into my laptop it shows all my files on the card, but when i right click on something to copy or drag things to my desktop the windows file explorer freezes and says "Not Responding" and never lets me copy anything off of the memory card. am i screwed over here?

does it look at least look like its copying files over then freezes or does it freeze right when you try copy/paste? if it looks like its trying to copy that means you have 1 or more corrupt files in there somewhere. if thats whats happening try copying each file individually or in smaller portions until you narrow down which file is corrupt.