PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Opera keeps closing (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117202)

carlosruizano 04-06-2010 02:54 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I have stock 6.5, does anybody know why my Opera keeps closing? It sticks while I am using it but if I leave it running in the background after a while it will close. It did not do this before...

Rager02 04-06-2010 02:57 PM

Re: Opera keeps closing

its probably automatically closing to save ram,if your using other apps while opera is in background.I for the most part of the day always have file explorer and opera open.

jerryyyyy 04-06-2010 03:07 PM

I have to say I too have been woefully disappointed with this since the outset. Very poor response with freezes and crashes. I cannot even get this forum to come up right or heaven help you navigate. I tried the Opera 10 with equally poor results. Takes forever to complete rendering a page even with 7/7 EVDO.

ccleven 04-06-2010 03:29 PM

I'm having the same issue. Im on MightyRom 6.5 rom. Driving me nuts.

THE-COPS 04-06-2010 05:20 PM

Using Opera Mobile 9.5 (Stock VZW). I never have problems with it closing. I have ran all sorts of stuff while it was left open. Only problems I ever get with Opera are.. improper JS loading (eg, Manage attachments doesn't always show in forum), random websites causing crashes, and the Opera white screen of death. In case you didn't know what that was, it's where every page loads turns into a white screen with nothing on it, forcing you to have to kill it in Task Manager. Other then that, PPCGeeks loads quite fast. Using OM 9.5 right now to post this.

Psychobaby 04-06-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE-COPS (Post 1684390)
Using Opera Mobile 9.5 (Stock VZW). I never have problems with it closing. I have ran all sorts of stuff while it was left open. Only problems I ever get with Opera are.. improper JS loading (eg, Manage attachments doesn't always show in forum), random websites causing crashes, and the Opera white screen of death. In case you didn't know what that was, it's where every page loads turns into a white screen with nothing on it, forcing you to have to kill it in Task Manager. Other then that, PPCGeeks loads quite fast. Using OM 9.5 right now to post this.

I'm using Opera Mobile 10 and I get all these with it too. The attachment thing really irks me!

i_m_jughead 04-06-2010 06:08 PM

i am on sprint stock 6.5 rom and i can second the opera closing by itself problem

carlosruizano 04-06-2010 06:35 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Well at least now I know that it's not just me with this issue. I am going to do a search for a cab that will close programs with the "x" button. Maybe if I close what I want, it will help me keep Opera running in BG. If anyone has a good running cab of this I'd appreciate it if you post it. Thanks.

jerryyyyy 04-06-2010 06:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosruizano (Post 1684512)

Well at least now I know that it's not just me with this issue. I am going to do a search for a cab that will close programs with the "x" button. Maybe if I close what I want, it will help me keep Opera running in BG. If anyone has a good running cab of this I'd appreciate it if you post it. Thanks.

Knowing what a rabbit warren this sites is, this is the old task manager, there are a few others out here also included. I like the Purian which has a nice 1% battery icon.

ccleven 04-07-2010 01:26 PM

So I think I figured it out... Go into the "Advance Config" app... Go down to HTC TASKMANAGER... 'Disable' AUTOKILL