PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Screen update delay when coming back from standby (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116879)

xxrzdxx 04-03-2010 05:06 PM

Screen update delay when coming back from standby

Whenever I press the power button to check the time or use the phone, I usually have to wait a few seconds for the screen to refresh to the current time and check for messages. Does this happen for anyone else on WM 6.5 and Manila 2.5

Oxymoron238 04-03-2010 08:19 PM

Re: Screen update delay when coming back from standby

Mine used to have a small delay when turning on the backlight. The time would update after a second or two, but any new notifications would be present immediately.

It doesn't do it anymore now though, at least not on the newest Mighty rom.

xxrzdxx 04-11-2010 04:39 PM

I have actually only ever had manila 2.5 with mightyrom, and it has occured with both version of the his rom's. The original one, and the new one base on the updated sprint rom.

ChrisH09 04-11-2010 07:15 PM

This is part of Sense 2.1.....It's just HTC's way of showing off the flip clock feature of Sense UI....search the forum for a cab that will get rid of the time delay catching up...it basically keeps the flip clock from flipping 1 hour back to the current time...if thats what you want.

xxrzdxx 04-13-2010 12:27 PM

I already tried Apristels Flip Clock cab. It seems like it is more of a delay with the device waking up and trying to pull the current information. For instance, if the screen has been off all night and I turn it on in the morning, I see the spinning cursor in the middle and have to wait about 5 seconds or more before the screen updates and I can use the phone. The only part of the screen that doesn't have to update is the top bar. This only started occuring once I switched to Manila 2.5.

sebo 04-13-2010 03:27 PM

things like my weather won't update until the device returns from standby.. not sure if that's a feature or a bug..

xxrzdxx 04-17-2010 09:19 PM

It's as if I caught the phone napping on the job and it has to scurry to catch up.

xxrzdxx 04-21-2010 07:01 PM

I've used two different ROMs now and have the exact same issue. I can't think of anything I am doing differently than anyone else, yet can't seem to find anyone else with this problem. I'm probably going to end up having to go back to 2.1, even though I'll miss the extra features.

xxrzdxx 05-03-2010 05:34 PM

I've gone back to 2.1 for now, I'd like to go back to 2.5 someday but don't know how I'll know if this problem has been resolved with future releases, since no one else seems to have this problem, let alone given it a name. If anyone else has this occurance and notices a resolution, let me know.

clueless25 05-03-2010 07:42 PM

This can also be an issue if you have a lot of programs that are held in memory on standby