PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Dumping everything off to pc. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116689)

jcspencer1973 04-02-2010 01:31 AM

Dumping everything off to pc.

Hi guys. What I am trying to do is get what's on my company TP2 dumped to my pc (can't get at the file system via phone), and pull something out and then try and put it on mine. This way I only have to carry one phone. The WM system seems to be locked out somehow, and the IT Dept. won't help at all. I can get into the boot loader though. Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can offer.

gTen 04-02-2010 01:34 AM

Re: Dumping everything off to pc.

This?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=616995

horndoctor 04-02-2010 01:36 AM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

When you say "locked out" what do you mean?
What happens when you soft reset?

jcspencer1973 04-02-2010 01:40 AM

When I soft reset the company phone, it re-boots. Then when WM starts, it loads the proprietary program (PW protected maintenance option, which I assume will let me back into WM UI).

jcspencer1973 04-02-2010 01:45 AM

Will xda utils let me do this even though I currently have no access to WM UI? Aerodata pops autostarts when WM boots, and it's PW protected in it's current install. If I can get it off, and onto my PC, I might be able to tinker with it and then get it back onto my phone.

horndoctor 04-02-2010 01:46 AM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Can you just exit that program?
What happens if you push the end(hang up) key?

gTen 04-02-2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcspencer1973 (Post 1675964)
Will xda utils let me do this even though I currently have no access to WM UI? Aerodata pops autostarts when WM boots, and it's PW protected in it's current install. If I can get it off, and onto my PC, I might be able to tinker with it and then get it back onto my phone.

well if you really wanted to you could reflash the rom completely..unless there is some software on it that is needed for you to work..

also what is the name of the software that does the locking..do you know?

does it activesync from your pc?

jcspencer1973 04-02-2010 01:55 AM

There is no end key for this program. It looks like (in current state) I have to hit the Maintenance key which then asks me for a password. I guess that would let me maintain the WM UI part of the phone. Unfortunately, companies like mine don't take kindly to people like me (wanna always modify and tinker with stuff (you all are probably the same way)). Anyway, to answer second question, I know I can get into boot loader and unlock (i assume), and flash via sd; but this would delete the very program I want. Is there any way, via boot loader, to get into the guts and off load it to my pc?

Thanks.

jcspencer1973 04-02-2010 01:57 AM

Aerodata is the name. It's a runway analysis, weight and balance, and weather package that uses sprint to send and recieve data to the company.

gTen 04-02-2010 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcspencer1973 (Post 1675983)
Aerodata is the name. It's a runway analysis, weight and balance, and weather package that uses sprint to send and recieve data to the company.

Ok so from what I am understanding..

you turn on TP2->on startup it executes the Aerodata->and now you are locked in the Aerodata full screen UI and can't do anything. am I correct?

And by End button he means the End Call button

Also does it Activesync with the pc when you plug it in?