PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium (TP2)
Carrier: O2/Vodafone

c0nv1ct is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashing My ROM problem... Advanced!

Hey ppl.. htis problem has been buggin me for all weekend.. can anyone answer these not so simple question

Why does every ROM i download, have a CORRUPT .nbh file on extraction (with winrar or 7zip)
ROMs downloads: MIGHTYROM, JUICY R10 and Energy ROM all for sprint CDMA...

Ive tried to download from different laptops, vista and XP.. different browsers.. Firefox, safari and IE...

Ive turned off the antivirus... no activesync connecion as the fone is now bricked but the tircolour screen shows "USB" upon connection wid the computer.. and i have flashed from her ebefore..

So any solutions ppl? an it doesnt make sense.. why do three different roms.. all extract corrupted.. what causing this soooooooo annoying problem?
I know im not the only one.. so what have others done..

your help would be very much appreciated...

thanks
Old 03-28-2010, 10:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One
Carrier: Sprint

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331
Re: Flashing My ROM problem... Advanced!

hmmm. I haven't had any problems myself, dunno why you're having probs downloading.

also, this should have been posted in the general touch pro 2 section

I see Carrier: O2/Vodafone under your profile... if you're overseas, maybe it could be an issue with your ISP?

Last edited by chino331; 03-28-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:39 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Relocated to the Touch Pro 2 forums.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

Does winrar claim that the file is corrupt upon extraction?
Old 03-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

If winrar is telling you every file is corrupt, I'd say thats a winrar issue cause the odds of EVERY rom being corrupt are not very likely. Or your comp isn't downloading them correctly. Its happened to me before. Reinstall winrar, restart your PC, and try again.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 03-29-2010, 12:03 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
If winrar is telling you every file is corrupt, I'd say thats a winrar issue cause the odds of EVERY rom being corrupt are not very likely. Or your comp isn't downloading them correctly. Its happened to me before. Reinstall winrar, restart your PC, and try again.
but if its happening with 7zip too, then theres something else going on.

op, do you have a peer blocker installed, or anything? are you running as admin?

Help Me Help You
Old 03-29-2010, 01:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

uninstall WinRar

reinstall winrar

download rom using IE 8 might help

If not check file associations and make sure winrar is prepped to open up 7zip
Old 03-29-2010, 01:41 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Is your device and carrier gsm?
If so and you have tried to flash a cdma rom then that's really bad!
Hope not!
Old 03-29-2010, 03:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

OP: Carrier: O2/Vodafone

Yea that might be a problem..
Old 03-29-2010, 07:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium (TP2)
Carrier: O2/Vodafone
Threadstarter

c0nv1ct is a n00b

nah ppl.. ive been downloading CDMA roms (i.e mightymike).. but they work in GSM network so that cant be the issue...

i have downloaded on IE and Firefox (and safari on a MAC)

I have extracted on winrar AND 7zip for the energy and Juicy rom...

In my opinion thru deductions.. it cant be the extractor (winrar), the browser, the ROM type or ROM itself bcuz no one has yet to report this issue... and ive turned off the Antivirus upon extraction to no avail...

This problem is really stumping me.. and i cant see any other avenues...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2